Budget Gaming Build- Suggestions?

1 minute ago, pzspah said:

oops,wrong thread.

ahaha, lemme fix that

3 minutes ago, ColeB01 said:

Build Guide- https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Qf6MHN 

Anyone have any suggestions to replace any parts for better performance or price? Thank you for the help, this is my first build ever and im new to this. 

Maybe a 7200rpm hard drive, 5400 is usually a bit slower, it shouldn't cost you much more.

Get rid of that keyboard, and invest that into a better gpu. Those types of really cheap mechanical keyboards don't last long at all.

Just now, Naijin said:

Maybe a 7200rpm hard drive, 5400 is usually a bit slower, it shouldn't cost you much more.

I would look into an SSD for booting. You could get away with only a 64gb or 128gb for just the OS and some key programs

CPU: Intel Core i7 8700k CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H100i Mobo:  Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X 32GB 2133 Storage #1: 1TB 850 EVO SSD Storage #2: Western Digital Black 2TB Storage #3: Western Digital Green 4TB GPU: Gigabyte 980 Ti G1 Case: Mastercase5 PSU: EVGA 750 W G2 80+Gold Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry MX Brown Mouse: Razer Deathadder Elite Monitor: LG 34UM94 Headset: Bose

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S9

What are you planning to use this for because i think the ryzen may be a bit over kill and getting an i5 or something may be a bit better

1 minute ago, MrFoxyCracker said:

Get rid of that keyboard, and invest that into a better gpu. Those types of really cheap mechanical keyboards don't last long at all.

what keyboard should i get then and what other gpu? 

3 minutes ago, PurpleCodes said:

What are you planning to use this for because i think the ryzen may be a bit over kill and getting an i5 or something may be a bit better

im planning to use this for games like CsGo, world of tanks, war thunder, star conflict, payday 2, battlefield and similar games. i just want a good average fps. may use this for some simple school work like word, but i wouldnt be running much tasks at once, 

4 minutes ago, ColeB01 said:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/GwG3JV

I put a more basic mouse/keyboard mobo, but for now just go and buy the cheapest combo you can find at walmart. Specs always supersede peripherals.

The RX 470 I put on there is honestly dependent on if you're going to wait until the new mining craze is over. if not, Just go ahead and get a 1050ti.

5 minutes ago, ColeB01 said:

Well if your on a budget on 600$ which is around your pcpartpicker total you could get an old dell and put in a new graphics card for fairly cheap

1 minute ago, MrFoxyCracker said:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/GwG3JV

I put a more basic mouse/keyboard mobo, but for now just go and buy the cheapest combo you can find at walmart. Specs always supersede peripherals.

The RX 470 I put on there is honestly dependent on if you're going to wait until the new mining craze is over. if not, Just go ahead and get a 1050ti.

i dont think i wanna wait, so ill stick with a 1050ti. 

Just now, PurpleCodes said:

Well if your on a budget on 600$ which is around your pcpartpicker total you could get an old dell and put in a new graphics card for fairly cheap

yes, my budget is around 600$. any recommendations for a dell? 

Get a used Dell Desktop from craiglist or ebay and put in a 1060 or a 1050ti  graphics card and your set also it will be a bit harder to use cpu intensive tasks because you will be risking that lower end cpu

Just now, PurpleCodes said:

Get a used Dell Desktop from craiglist or ebay and put in a 1060 or a 1050ti  graphics card and your set also it will be a bit harder to use cpu intensive tasks because you will be risking that lower end cpu

i Have an old Hp Pavillion Slimline s5657c-b. Its got an AMD Sempron 140 CPu, 3 Gb of DDR3, and a 500gb Hd. Could i upgrade that?

Just now, ColeB01 said:

i Have an old Hp Pavillion Slimline s5657c-b. Its got an AMD Sempron 140 CPu, 3 Gb of DDR3, and a 500gb Hd. Could i upgrade that?

Not even worth it.

Just now, ColeB01 said:

Ye i would get an ssd and a better graphics card and if it supports ddr4 upgrade that aswell to 8 or 16 gbs

3 minutes ago, PurpleCodes said:

Ye i would get an ssd and a better graphics card and if it supports ddr4 upgrade that aswell to 8 or 16 gbs

Did you even look at what a Sempron 140 is?

This is one compared to a Celeron

3453eda842.png

Just now, MrFoxyCracker said:

Did you even look at what a Sempron 140 is?

This is one compared to a Celeron

my mistake i did not see the cpu i thought it was a quadcore for some reason

4 minutes ago, PurpleCodes said:

sempron is literal garbage, it doesn't support ddr4 since it's amd and not Ryzen.

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

18 minutes ago, ColeB01 said:

So if going back to the original build, https://pcpartpicker.com/list/npdnVY how could i afford an ssd for booting with this budget of $600?

Depends on how heart set you are on Ryzen...

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel - Pentium G4560 3.5GHz Dual-Core Processor  ($69.89 @ B&H) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte - GA-B250M-DS3H Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($69.39 @ OutletPC) 
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  ($61.89 @ OutletPC) 
Storage: ADATA - Ultimate SU800 128GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($53.00 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Seagate - BarraCuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($49.89 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB SC GAMING ACX 2.0 Video Card  ($145.48 @ Newegg) 
Case: Xion - XON-310_BK MicroATX Mid Tower Case  ($23.98 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: Corsair - CXM 450W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($26.99 @ Newegg) 
Monitor: Acer - UM.WV6AA.B01 21.5" 1920x1080 60Hz Monitor  ($89.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Total: $590.50
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-06-23 16:02 EDT-0400

Just use a normal keyboard and mouse until you are able to save up and buy a good mech keyboard and gaming mouse.

Current System Specs:

CPU: Intel I5-7660K; CPU Cooler: Coolermaster Hyper 212X; Thermal Paste: IC Diamond 7 Carat; Motherboard: MSI Z270 Gaming Pro Carbon;

RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 16GB (2 x 8gb) DDR4 - 2400; SSD Storage: 1TB Samsung 850 EVO; Storage: 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm;

GPU: Gigabyte Geforce GTX 1070 8gb G1 Gaming; Case: NZXT Phantom 530 Black; PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 650W 80+ Gold, OS: Windows 10 Home

1 minute ago, Drake10114 said:

Depends on how heart set you are on Ryzen...

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel - Pentium G4560 3.5GHz Dual-Core Processor  ($69.89 @ B&H) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte - GA-B250M-DS3H Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($69.39 @ OutletPC) 
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  ($61.89 @ OutletPC) 
Storage: ADATA - Ultimate SU800 128GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($53.00 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Seagate - BarraCuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($49.89 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB SC GAMING ACX 2.0 Video Card  ($145.48 @ Newegg) 
Case: Xion - XON-310_BK MicroATX Mid Tower Case  ($23.98 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: Corsair - CXM 450W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($26.99 @ Newegg) 
Monitor: Acer - UM.WV6AA.B01 21.5" 1920x1080 60Hz Monitor  ($89.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Total: $590.50
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-06-23 16:02 EDT-0400

Just use a normal keyboard and mouse until you are able to save up and buy a good mech keyboard and gaming mouse.

i dont care about wether its ryzen or not, i just want the best performance for the money i have.

Just now, ColeB01 said:

i dont care about wether its ryzen or not, i just want the best performance for the money i have.

As far as Ik, the Pentium G4560 is an awesome budget cpu for gaming, since it's equivalent to an kabylake i3, but 1/2 the price.

But I haven't paid attention in the last month to see if anything has beaten the pentium for budget gaming.

Current System Specs:

CPU: Intel I5-7660K; CPU Cooler: Coolermaster Hyper 212X; Thermal Paste: IC Diamond 7 Carat; Motherboard: MSI Z270 Gaming Pro Carbon;

RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 16GB (2 x 8gb) DDR4 - 2400; SSD Storage: 1TB Samsung 850 EVO; Storage: 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm;

GPU: Gigabyte Geforce GTX 1070 8gb G1 Gaming; Case: NZXT Phantom 530 Black; PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 650W 80+ Gold, OS: Windows 10 Home

57 minutes ago, Drake10114 said:

As far as Ik, the Pentium G4560 is an awesome budget cpu for gaming, since it's equivalent to an kabylake i3, but 1/2 the price.

But I haven't paid attention in the last month to see if anything has beaten the pentium for budget gaming.

what about an i3-7100? at only $100 its not much more expensive, but would  it give any performance advantages?