Steam Summer Sale!

BestPCBuilder2017

According to numerous sources, it's been shown/linked that the Steam summer sale begins Thursday June 22nd at 6 PM. 

Unfortunately, it looks that the post that came from PayPal's twitter has been removed for some strange reason, so I won't be able to do direct quoting, but we still have quite a decent amount of sources linking to this claim, so it seems to be dependable and reasonable. 

With this being said, Valve has not made an official announcement yet so it still seems possible that this could just be a rumor or miscommunication of the sort. However, due to the source being Paypal, it's quite likely that this is a confirmed date. 

Do you think this is the official date, or do you think it will still be some time yet? 

What games are you hoping to get? (PS, please be kind to your wallets) 

Well I hope I posted somewhat correctly. (I don't post news often... like at all. )

I saw some things last night already 80% off on the main store page. Didnt look super closely at it but it looks like they got some pre game on already

10 minutes ago, NCIX Lampy said:

Well I hope I posted somewhat correctly. (I don't post news often... like at all. )

The only thing you need is a Quote from the original article relating to the topic.You have the link which is good, and you have a summary which is good.

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Yea last year PayPal posted the same and it was true.

I'm hoping to get Cities Skylines, Rocket League, or any game my friends have that's on sale.

Ion (Main Build)                                                                                        Overall Setup

i5 6500 3.2 GHz                                                                     -Blue snowball (White) thanks goodwill

MSI Mortar Arctic                                                                   -Logitech K120

Asus 1060 6GB Dual                                                             -Logitech Daedalus Prime G302

PNY CS1311 120 GB                                                            -Mousepad I made in 1st grade with my name on it                                                 

WD Caviar Blue 1 TB                                                              

Crucial Ballistix Sport LT White 16GB (8x2GB) 2400

NZXT S340 White

Corsair CXM 450W 

Lenovo H320 (Old Pre-built PC)                                      Possible upgrade for H320          

i5 650 3.2 GHz (heh)                                                                                    Xeon X3470

Motherboard unknown                                                       Same Motherboard

iGPU                                                                                   GT 1030 (MSI Low Profile Half Height)

Crucial 240GB SSD                                                           Crucial 240GB SSD

6GB DDR3 (4+2GB)                                                           8-10GB DDR3 (4+2+2GB/4+4+2GB)

Lenovo H320 case                                                             Lenovo H320 case

Unknown PSU (210W?)                                                     Same PSU (210W?)    

3 hours ago, QuantumBit said:

Yea last year PayPal posted the same and it was true.

I'm hoping to get Cities Skylines, Rocket League, or any game my friends have that's on sale.

I don't have a single Steam game. I'm thinking about getting something cheap since now seems like a reasonable time to buy. I hear RocketLeague is pretty good. 

I'm hoping to get 7 Days To Die... Gained a strange obsession with this game on YouTube recently... Maybe Rust if that's available....

Also, anything under £5 that looks interesting :P

I will only ever answer to the best of my ability - there is absolutely no promises that I will be correct. Or helpful. At all.

My toaster:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670k @ 4.3GHz
Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Formula
RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX770 2GB
Case: Some free Sharkoon case
Storage: Crucial MX500 500GB SSD | Western Digital Blue 1TB
PSU: Corsair HX750
Display(s): Acer framless 24" 1080p thing | Acer 22" 1600x900 thing
Cooling: Corsair H100i AIO | 2 x Corsair LL120 front intakes on radiator | 1 x Corsair LL120 rear exhaust
Keyboard: Steelseries Apex
Mouse: R.A.T 7
Sound: HyperX Cloud II headset | Creative EAX 5.1 speakers

Just now, NCIX Lampy said:

Do you have a source for the Valve rep? 

I do not and I doubt anyone will produce such, specially just a few hours before it supposedly starts.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Yes, this is true.

39 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

I saw some things last night already 80% off on the main store page. Didnt look super closely at it but it looks like they got some pre game on already

Steam always have sales like that

39 minutes ago, NCIX Lampy said:

I don't have a single Steam game. I'm thinking about getting something cheap since now seems like a reasonable time to buy. I hear RocketLeague is pretty good. 

I played it a bit once and it's a lot of fun. Completely different from most games you probably play but a lot of fun nonetheless.

If it goes up for sale at under $10 oh boy am I buying it.

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

42 minutes ago, NCIX Lampy said:

It is good

3 hours ago, NCIX Lampy said:

So pure and untainted by the library full of steam games you buy on mad sales and don't play. A steam virgin is truly a sight to behold.

Does anyone else miss the flash sales?  Those 8hr flash sale windows were like half the 'fun' of a Steam sale.  Now whatever goes on sale at 1pm EST today is what'll be on sale for like 10 weeks days.  I mean, deals yay, but some of the 'adventure' is taken out of it.  I used to enjoy refreshing every 8hrs to see what was 'super duper on sale'.

3 hours ago, NCIX Lampy said:

No game collection yet? I say get all the Batman Arkham Games. The price drop has been amazing so far.

You'd be spending months trying to 100% those games by yourself.

Also, probably get Fallout NV. Great game, such replayability, much wow.

You can bark like a dog, but that won't make you a dog.

You can act like someone you're not, but that won't change who you are.

Finished Crysis without a discrete GPU,15 FPS average, and a lot of heart

How I plan my builds -

Spoiler

For me I start with the "There's no way I'm not gonna spend $1,000 on a system."

Followed by the "Wow I need to buy the OS for a $100!?"

Then "Let's start with the 'best budget GPU' and 'best budget CPU' that actually fits what I think is my budget."

Realizing my budget is a lot less, I work my way to "I think these new games will run on a cheap ass CPU."

Then end with "The new parts launching next year is probably gonna be better and faster for the same price so I'll just buy next year."

Just now, AshleyAshes said:

Does anyone else miss the flash sales?  Those 8hr flash sale windows were like half the 'fun' of a Steam sale.  Now whatever goes on sale at 1pm EST today is what'll be on sale for like 10 weeks.  I mean, deals yay, but some of the 'adventure' is taken out of it.  I used to enjoy refreshing every 8hrs to see what was 'super duper on sale'.

Why would someone want to buy something on sale then for it to suddenly get discounted further just after you bought it?

I don't read the reply to my posts anymore so don't bother.

Just now, ApolloFury said:

Why would someone want to buy something on sale then for it to suddenly get discounted further just after you bought it?

That's why you didn't buy anything unless it was on a flash sale unless it was the last day where the flash sales are off and you're certain that nothing will go farther on sale. :D

5 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

Does anyone else miss the flash sales?  Those 8hr flash sale windows were like half the 'fun' of a Steam sale.  Now whatever goes on sale at 1pm EST today is what'll be on sale for like 10 weeks.  I mean, deals yay, but some of the 'adventure' is taken out of it.  I used to enjoy refreshing every 8hrs to see what was 'super duper on sale'.

A lot of people, including me, get annoyed by those things since the good deals usually happen on crazy hours.

Buy a game at 60% only to see it at 80% later. Or worse, see a game at 75%, never see it on sale 'till next year :P

You can bark like a dog, but that won't make you a dog.

You can act like someone you're not, but that won't change who you are.

Finished Crysis without a discrete GPU,15 FPS average, and a lot of heart

How I plan my builds -

Spoiler

For me I start with the "There's no way I'm not gonna spend $1,000 on a system."

Followed by the "Wow I need to buy the OS for a $100!?"

Then "Let's start with the 'best budget GPU' and 'best budget CPU' that actually fits what I think is my budget."

Realizing my budget is a lot less, I work my way to "I think these new games will run on a cheap ass CPU."

Then end with "The new parts launching next year is probably gonna be better and faster for the same price so I'll just buy next year."

2 minutes ago, YoloSwag said:

No game collection yet? I say get all the Batman Arkham Games. The price drop has been amazing so far.

You'd be spending months trying to 100% those games by yourself.

Also, probably get Fallout NV. Great game, such replayability, much wow.

I still don't even have a dedicated graphics card. I was hoping to get a 1060, but I can't because of money issues. 

Just now, ApolloFury said:

The flash sales are a bit of a gamble. We dont know what we are gonna get. You could wait for example for Rust to be discounted, but it maybe even never happens. If you would see 40 % a game you really want and it will be gone in like 1 hour. Wouldn´t you take the shot to get it and maybe miss a later sale for like 60 %?

Just now, Frode said:

The flash sales are a bit of a gamble. We dont know what we are gonna get. You could wait for example for Rust to be discounted, but it maybe even never happens. If you would see 40 % a game you really want and it will be gone in like 1 hour. Wouldn´t you take the shot to get it and maybe miss a later sale for like 60 %?

But you wouldn't miss it.  In the last 24hrs of the sales, flash sales would end and anything that was on sale for the whole duration of the sale would still be on sale.  So you always had the last day opportunity to get the games as they were 'normally' on sale.

2 minutes ago, Frode said:

On the very last day all games will be on its best discounted price (so if it was pre-flash 40% and flash 60%, then on the last day it will be 60%), so it's pointless and just making people wait for no reason.

EDIT:  AshleyAshes beat me to it.

I don't read the reply to my posts anymore so don't bother.