AIO making this wierd clicking noise

This happened since I built my computer, I thought it was the fans. My dad recently commented on the noise and said it was not the fans. I heard it coming from my AIO. I tightened the screws on my AIO, and the noise is still happening. What is this? The noise kind of sounds like a screw spinning. It only happens when my fans adjust speed.

3 minutes ago, CoolBeans72 said:

This happened since I built my computer, I thought it was the fans. My dad recently commented on the noise and said it was not the fans. I heard it coming from my AIO. I tightened the screws on my AIO, and the noise is still happening. What is this? The noise kind of sounds like a screw spinning. It only happens when my fans adjust speed.

Did you happen to let the pump run while air-locked? As in, was the water inside of the AIO not circulating to through the pump? Depending on how you handle AIO's, they can get their water locked within the rad, and the pump runs with nothing but air. That clicking noise you hear, may be coming from the pump. If so... bad news.

EDIT: If it's a subtle click, it might not be that bad. Try holding the rad up to where the tubes to the pump are perfectly straight. This should remove the pockets of air in the lines themselves. See if this removes the clicking.

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

3 hours ago, MageTank said:

Did you happen to let the pump run while air-locked? As in, was the water inside of the AIO not circulating to through the pump? Depending on how you handle AIO's, they can get their water locked within the rad, and the pump runs with nothing but air. That clicking noise you hear, may be coming from the pump. If so... bad news.

No, there is water circulating through the pump. I can feel it going through the tube, and my cpu temps are were they should be.

Just now, CoolBeans72 said:

No, there is water circulating through the pump. I can feel it going through the tube, and my cpu temps are were they should be.

Yeah, I added an edit to my post. Sometimes, small pockets of air can still cause that clicking noise. I just remembered I had the same issue on my EVGA CLC 280. I fixed it by holding my tubes straight for a minute or so, with the rad in the air. Put it back in the system, and no clicking. If you have the spare time, would give that a shot.

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

2 hours ago, MageTank said:

Yeah, I added an edit to my post. Sometimes, small pockets of air can still cause that clicking noise. I just remembered I had the same issue on my EVGA CLC 280. I fixed it by holding my tubes straight for a minute or so, with the rad in the air. Put it back in the system, and no clicking. If you have the spare time, would give that a shot.

Ok ill try that. Thanks :)