Corsair Air 540 Best Fan placement

Squanchy
Go to solution Solved by Corsair Joseph,

I would keep the way it is - 2 x 140 intake in the front, 2 x 120 up top as exhaust, and 1 x 140 rear exhaust. I think that set up is ideal for minimum noise level. Plus, the way the case is designed, a standard set up like yours is good enough to flush warm air out of the system. 

Hey all,

I currently have a Corsair Air 540 case, and i'm getting a Aorus 1080 ti and I plan on maximizing the air flow potential when I receive it. Currently, I have 2 140mm in front for intake, top is the cpu rad(2 120mm) exhausting, and the rear 140mm exhausting. Now would it be better to do a 3 120mm fans in the front or stay at 2 140mm? Money really isn't a issue I just want optimal airflow.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

I would keep the way it is - 2 x 140 intake in the front, 2 x 120 up top as exhaust, and 1 x 140 rear exhaust. I think that set up is ideal for minimum noise level. Plus, the way the case is designed, a standard set up like yours is good enough to flush warm air out of the system. 

17 minutes ago, Corsair Joseph said:

Solid, Thank you very much :)

I don't think it matters much if you put 3x 120mm or 2x 140mm fans in the front of the case.
But like Joseph said, two 140s are probably better for quieter operation.

Well the corsair fans are complete shit. So I put 3 nf12s in the front. Quite and moved way more air. Replaced them with the industrial nocuta 120's. If you get good 140' then you will be fine. Case breaths quite well. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz