I've had my H100i since late 2015 with my old Haswell-E processor. But recently i switched to a Ryzen 1700 and i've been trying to overclock it. It's currently at 3.7GHz 1.375v .Everytime I run a stresstest or even cinebench, it rises to over 100°C even if i have the pump and fans running at full speed. My idle temp is 45-60°C. Is it the cooler? Thanks in advance for the answers!

Probably a bad mount. remount the cooler and report back.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

I have a 1600 oc'd to 3.95 on a budget air cooler with idle temps in the low 30's at a higher voltage. Sounds like a mount or TIM issue.

Just now, RadiatingLight said:

Probably a bad mount. remount the cooler and report back.

Like @RadiatingLight said. Check the mount. Is the paste reused for fresh? 

Remount the cooler and re-apply thermal paste. 

Please quote our replys so we get a notification and can reply easily. Never cheap out on a PSU, or I will come to watch the fireworks. 

PSU Tier List

My specs

Spoiler

PC:

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K @4.8GHz
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S 
Motherboard:  ASUS Maximus VIII Hero 
GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme 1070 @ 2114Mhz
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB
Case: Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 
Power Supply: EVGA 750W G2

Peripherals 

Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Browns
Mouse: Logitech G502 
Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Revolver 

Monitor: U2713M @ 75Hz

If he has the temp offset which the 1700 shouldn't have but the 1700x does then 100 degrees is normal, but it's actually showing a lot more then it should, also how do you read your temps? as there has been some issues for different software to the read the temps properly.

Remount the cooler, with better thermal paste.

If that doesn't resolve the issue, then there could be a problem with the cooler. It is possible that moving the cooler shifted an air bubble which is trapped in the pump preventing liquid flow, or there could be particulates that shifted and have blocked it.

make sure there is no interference between the block and the cpu but did you see if it is supported with the right brakets

47 minutes ago, er_gaming01 said:

I've had my H100i since late 2015 with my old Haswell-E processor. But recently i switched to a Ryzen 1700 and i've been trying to overclock it. It's currently at 3.7GHz 1.375v .Everytime I run a stresstest or even cinebench, it rises to over 100°C even if i have the pump and fans running at full speed. My idle temp is 45-60°C. Is it the cooler? Thanks in advance for the answers!

As @Marcel Kipka said... there is some software monitoring issues with some of the Ryzen skews. It basically causes the readouts to be higher than they should be. Make sure your monitoring software is up to date, or consider using a different one which has proper Ryzen compatibility. I've not looked too much into this subject as I've had no need, but there should be a good deal of readable material on the internet about this issue, as its quite a common occurrence (but it's being phased out).

If that is not the issue, try a re-mount and apply new paste (something reputable/cheap like MX-4 or AS5 should be easy enough to come by, but you can use whatever you like). Also confirm that your pump is working. It may not be entirely uncommon for disastrously high temperatures to appear out of nowhere once the pump fails.

Did you change anything else than voltage in BIOS for CPU power settings? When I was playing with power settings for my Ryzen 1700, the temps differed with same voltage for up to about 20-30 degrees.

Now I have 65-70°C in stresstest with R7 1700 @ 3.9 GHz with 1.375 V with AiO be quiet! Silent Loop 280

HWInfo shows the temps just fine, same values as RyzenMaster, so those temps are right.

hehehe. This is my second 1700 after my previous broke 2 days ago so I've remounted the block 3 times.I'm using Arctic silver 5. I also have CP7 that I could use if AS5 is bad. I'm running my 1700 3.7GHz 1.375v.

I'll try with the wraith cooler and see if theres any difference