Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Room Cooling Solution

Go to solution Solved by LyyK,
24 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

Congratulations!  You're going to get to learn how to cut plexiglass!  Or learn to deal with heat...

 

file.php?id=25371

This. You technically don't even have to ask your landlord. When you move out, remove the mount and smash the living F$#& out of the window and say it was an accident. The landlord shall never know huehue and besides, accidents do happen.

 

EDIT: Or, simply mount a sheet of plexiglass in the window frame as @AshleyAshes suggested. Working with plexiglass is miles easier than with glass.

Hello My computer is in a decent sized room but it heats up the room to 100+ degrees fahrenheit and i am sweating and cant handle it anymore i was wondering if you could help me find a solution to cooling my room that isn't over 500 USD (ik i am poor:()

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have tried water cooling and air cooling and i am out of options any help?

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Captinjigglesworth said:

Hello My computer is in a decent sized room but it heats up the room to 100+ degrees fahrenheit and i am sweating and cant handle it anymore i was wondering if you could help me find a solution to cooling my room that isn't over 500 USD (ik i am poor:()

Man if i had 500USD to cool a room idd feel wealthy :D 

 

could you share some info on your specs?

CPU: 6700k 4.6Ghz GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X MB: MSI Gaming M5 PSU: Evga 750 G2 Case: Phanteks EVOLV 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Are you sure your computer is heating up this room to over 100deg? Like how hot is your computer? If you're sure it's your computer that's heating up the room, maybe you could try making a basement water cooling solution, sorta like what ant venom did- 

also in the winter if your computer really gets THAT hot, you can literally use it as a space heater...

linus give tech tip

Link to post
Share on other sites

my pc is on my second story and don't have a basement i live in an apartment and don't have access to the basement

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

open the window and put a fan in the room????? and how hot is your pc like water cool yr pc and put the rad out the window :)

international racing driver

My Build

i5-7600k

hyper x fury 16gb (2133)mhz

asus strix 1070 

CM 212x

asus z270-p

corsair 550w psu

 

agon 1440p 144hz tn monitor

corsair strafe mx silent KB

corsair void rbg (wired)

razer mamba te with firefly mouse pat

ps4 controller using ds4 windows

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Captinjigglesworth said:

I have a gtx 950 zodiac amp an amd fx 8550 and 6 fans

 

From everything I've heard, the FX is a heat monster. Maybe spend the $500 for a new Ryzen CPU, mobo, RAM, and maybe a newer GPU?

X58-X79-X99-X299 lads: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

 

Current Main - i7 6950X (currently stock) - EVGA CLC 280 - EVGA X99 Micro 2 - 32 GB RAM [4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4] @3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 CR2 - Nvidia FE 2060 Super - 1TB 970 Evo - Corsair RM1000i - Fractal Design Meshify C Mini - 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 3000s + 1 Noctua iPPC NF-F12 2000
 

Bits - i7 5960X - undecided - EVGA X99 Classified - 16 GB RAM [4x4GB EVGA SSC DDR4] - undecided - 250GB 960 Evo - undecided - Corsair 750D

 

Mac Pro 1,1 - (EFI flashed to 2,1) - 2x 2.66Ghz Dual Core LGA771 Xeons (2x X5355s - just need the motivation/time to actually install them) - 32GB 667Mhz ECC DDR2 - ATI HD4870 512MB - 525GB MX300 + 3x 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDDs - 24" Apple Cinema Display (1920x1200 TFT panel)

 

2019 13" rMBP (i5/8GB/256GB) {work} - 2012 13" MBP (i5/16GB/1TB MX500 + 2TB Firecuda) {mine} - iPhone 11 Pro Max + Apple Watch S3 42mm - iPod Classic 6G 80GB running Rockbox + iPod Classic 5.5G Enhanced 30GB also on Rockbox 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Captinjigglesworth said:

I have a gtx 950 zodiac amp an amd fx 8550 and 6 fans

 

what cpu cooler? gpu?

linus give tech tip

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Zando Bob said:

From everything I've heard, the FX is a heat monster. Maybe spend the $500 for a new Ryzen CPU, mobo, RAM, and maybe a newer GPU?

I wouldnt be able to because i dont have enough money to get a new prossesor or gpu bc that would need a new mobo bc my fx is am3 and the ryzen is am4 and gpu is way over my puget

Link to post
Share on other sites

You could mount an AC unit in your window.

[ Intel i7-6700K ][ Asus TUF Sabertooth Mk1 Z170 ][ Gigabyte GTX 780ti ][ 32GB (2x16GB) 3200MHz G.Skill Trident Z ][ Corsair Obsidian 900D ]

[ EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 P2 80+ PLATINUM ][ 1x512GB Samsung 960 Pro M.2 (OS) ][ 3x512GB Samsung 850 Pro RAID 0 ][ 1x5TB WD Black ]

Link to post
Share on other sites

and a shitty coolermaster my pc isn't heating up it is the room around it the pc is running at decent temperatures

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, LyyK said:

You could mount an AC unit in your window.

I would need one under 500 i also live in illinois right out of chicago very hot in the summer and very cold in the winter

Link to post
Share on other sites

Here, cheaper than spending $500 to cool the room. Just get a cooler PC:

 

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/bb9R6X
Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/bb9R6X/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1500X 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($174.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Motherboard: ASRock - AB350 Pro4 ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($87.89 @ OutletPC) 
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  ($135.88 @ OutletPC) 
Total: $398.76
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-06-14 10:53 EDT-0400

 

You could spend a bit more and get a new GPU, or just use your old one. 

X58-X79-X99-X299 lads: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

 

Current Main - i7 6950X (currently stock) - EVGA CLC 280 - EVGA X99 Micro 2 - 32 GB RAM [4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4] @3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 CR2 - Nvidia FE 2060 Super - 1TB 970 Evo - Corsair RM1000i - Fractal Design Meshify C Mini - 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 3000s + 1 Noctua iPPC NF-F12 2000
 

Bits - i7 5960X - undecided - EVGA X99 Classified - 16 GB RAM [4x4GB EVGA SSC DDR4] - undecided - 250GB 960 Evo - undecided - Corsair 750D

 

Mac Pro 1,1 - (EFI flashed to 2,1) - 2x 2.66Ghz Dual Core LGA771 Xeons (2x X5355s - just need the motivation/time to actually install them) - 32GB 667Mhz ECC DDR2 - ATI HD4870 512MB - 525GB MX300 + 3x 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDDs - 24" Apple Cinema Display (1920x1200 TFT panel)

 

2019 13" rMBP (i5/8GB/256GB) {work} - 2012 13" MBP (i5/16GB/1TB MX500 + 2TB Firecuda) {mine} - iPhone 11 Pro Max + Apple Watch S3 42mm - iPod Classic 6G 80GB running Rockbox + iPod Classic 5.5G Enhanced 30GB also on Rockbox 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Captinjigglesworth said:

I would need one under 500 i also live in illinois right out of chicago very hot in the summer and very cold in the winter

For a single room, you can get one that will do the job just fine for a bit over $100. Here's just one example https://www.amazon.com/Frigidaire-FFRA0511R1-Window-Mounted-Mini-Compact-Conditioner/dp/B00W2KG92Y/

 

EDIT: Removed ref from link.

[ Intel i7-6700K ][ Asus TUF Sabertooth Mk1 Z170 ][ Gigabyte GTX 780ti ][ 32GB (2x16GB) 3200MHz G.Skill Trident Z ][ Corsair Obsidian 900D ]

[ EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 P2 80+ PLATINUM ][ 1x512GB Samsung 960 Pro M.2 (OS) ][ 3x512GB Samsung 850 Pro RAID 0 ][ 1x5TB WD Black ]

Link to post
Share on other sites

Dont all amd's create a lot of heat? arent intel's cooler? i don't want to supress the problem i want to eliminate it because i have roommates and they are complaining and that i need to fix it now.

Link to post
Share on other sites

my windows only open from a left to right and a right to left swing so i couldn't remodel my apartment either my landlord would kill

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Captinjigglesworth said:

my windows only open from a left to right and a right to left swing so i couldn't remodel my apartment either my landlord would kill

Tada!

[ Intel i7-6700K ][ Asus TUF Sabertooth Mk1 Z170 ][ Gigabyte GTX 780ti ][ 32GB (2x16GB) 3200MHz G.Skill Trident Z ][ Corsair Obsidian 900D ]

[ EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 P2 80+ PLATINUM ][ 1x512GB Samsung 960 Pro M.2 (OS) ][ 3x512GB Samsung 850 Pro RAID 0 ][ 1x5TB WD Black ]

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah like Zando suggested, new system only cost you $400, and you have $500 to cool the room

CPU: Ryzen 2 2700@ 4.0Ghz    Mobo: Gigabyte X470 Gaming 7 Wifi    Cooler: EVGA CLC 240    GPU: GTX1080 FTW DT @ 2113Mhz   PSU: EVGA 750W P2   

Case: Fractal Design Meshify C   Displays: 34" LG34UC79G, 24" Dell

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Captinjigglesworth said:

my windows only open from a left to right and a right to left swing so i couldn't remodel my apartment either my landlord would kill

https://www.google.ca/search?q=casement+air+conditioner&rlz=1C1CHBF_enCA742CA742&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjy5aSZzb3UAhUDxGMKHdzfA9cQ_AUICigB&biw=1920&bih=974

 

These are called 'Casement' air conditioners and they are built to fit in windows like that.


Another option is a portable air conditioner, which uses a hose as a plate to exhaust through the window and those will fit most windows.  You can turn plate for the window to orient any way you want.  You can even cut the plate if it's too big for a small window.

 

 

portable-air-conditioners-1012347-630.jp

 

These are the only TRUELY useful suggestions in this thread. No ammount of PC coolign will make your room cooler.  All that does is push the heat out of the computer more efficiently, it still heats the room just the same.  Unless you build some kind of cooling solution that exhaust the air to somewhere OUTSIDE of the room that is, but it'd be a lot easier and cheaper to buy an air conditioner 

Link to post
Share on other sites

those won't work this is what my window looks like i found a pic on google

3 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

https://www.google.ca/search?q=casement+air+conditioner&rlz=1C1CHBF_enCA742CA742&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjy5aSZzb3UAhUDxGMKHdzfA9cQ_AUICigB&biw=1920&bih=974

 

These are called 'Casement' air conditioners and they are built to fit in windows like that.


Another option is a portable air conditioner, which uses a hose as a plate to exhaust through the window and those will fit most windows.  You can turn plate for the window to orient any way you want.  You can even cut the plate if it's too big for a small window.

 

 

portable-air-conditioners-1012347-630.jp

 

These are the only TRUELY useful suggestions in this thread. No ammount of PC coolign will make your room cooler.  All that does is push the heat out of the computer more efficiently, it still heats the room just the same.  Unless you build some kind of cooling solution that exhaust the air to somewhere OUTSIDE of the room that is, but it'd be a lot easier and cheaper to buy an air conditioner 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Captinjigglesworth said:

Casement-Window.jpg

Congratulations!  You're going to get to learn how to cut plexiglass!  Or learn to deal with heat...

 

file.php?id=25371

Link to post
Share on other sites

my room temp right now is about 80+ and i opened my pc and came straight here that is insane and needs to be fixed!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×