iGPU drivers needed under Windows 10?

Go to solution Solved by PeachyUwUSenpai,
4 minutes ago, Vacras said:

I know that there is barely anything you could possibly break. But I've had the experience that even the slightest change of the PC (slightly darker screen as example) will freak out someone who doesn't know what he's doing. This will result in me being called for help as I'm the one that built the pc.

yeah but you don't desolder all the buttons off the monitor which also has that feature and is way easier too bump

unless you do and if so i'm impressed

Edit also last i checked it doesn't have brightness settings in its EXTREMELY basic settings way less harmful then you can find in appearances which is a right click away on the desktop

Hey guys,

I recently built a office/webbrowsing system for my sister. The CPU I used is the G4560 from intel which comes with integrated graphics (HD 610 I believe). As OS I got her Windows 10.

I'm wondering whether it's really necessary to get the Drivers for the iGPU with windows 10?

Dont get me wrong: Obviously I installed every driver available but with them installed there is one more little icon on the taskbar that someone could potentially click on and screw wirh some settings while doing so.

I feel like the need for these drivers is not there anymore with windows 10 seeing that it's doing a great job of providing basic drivers.

What's your opinion?

Note: wasn't really sure where to put this thread, feel free to move if needed :)

it will work withought out it though it wont be as optimal as if you just installed them and most of the time you can just hide the icon and there isn't really anything in the settings you can break

4 minutes ago, Alaradia said:

it will work withought out it though it wont be as optimal as if you just installed them and most of the time you can just hide the icon and there isn't really anything in the settings you can break

I know that there is barely anything you could possibly break. But I've had the experience that even the slightest change of the PC (slightly darker screen as example) will freak out someone who doesn't know what he's doing. This will result in me being called for help as I'm the one that built the pc.

4 minutes ago, Vacras said:

yeah but you don't desolder all the buttons off the monitor which also has that feature and is way easier too bump

Edit also last i checked it doesn't have brightness settings in its EXTREMELY basic settings way less harmful then you can find in appearances which is a right click away on the desktop

14 hours ago, Alaradia said:

Guess you are right :P