Cosmos 2-Sauron LOTR Edition Case Mod.

NJB Mods

Welcome!

poi8.png

Glad to see that you have joined my adventure on the next casemod that will be done. My name is Nils-Julius but call me Nils, I’m 14 years old and my biggest interest is casemodding, Hope you like my next project as much as i do.

First off i want to thank my sponsors for believing in me and my ideas! I appreciate it very much!

Sponsors

Coolingstuff

coolingstuff.jpg

Are helping this project coming true with watercooling gear.
Thanks!
Coolingstuff are willing to support me with these products.
One XSPC 360mm radiator.
Two XSPC 240mm radiator.
One XSPC Photon 270 reservoir.
One XSPC RayStorm CPU Intel.
One EK-D5 Vario Motor.
One EK-D5 X-TOP CSQ Plexi.
Two Phobya Touch 6 single bay.
EK-PSC Fitting.
Watercooling tubing
EK-Ekoolant Blood RED 1L
Watercooling block for GPUs, which one is not choosed yet.

Cooler Master
kwf6.jpg

Are supporting this project with 110 % awesomeness. Thanks alot!

Cooler Master are supporting me with these products.
One Cosmos 2.
One CM V1000 PSU.
Ten CM JetFlo 120mm fans.

DmFinearts
dmfa_logo.png

Are supporting this project with paint and of course the airbrush painting. Thanks!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Information.

Here's some music that my mod is inspired by. (You don’t need to listen if you want to.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAdtHu5dPiI

Let's continue!

I guess that many visitors know who Sauron is?

You don’t?  That’s okay…

Sauron is one of the powerfulest characters in The Lord of the Rings, he was once the ruler of the middle earth, but when Isildur(King at that moment) got he’s sword and sliced Saurons hand and Isildur took the ring, and the story goes on. 

If you want to know what really goes on when i say those name I recommend everyone to see the triology, They are awesome!  Or you could just google about LOTR and save a lot of time… LOL :P

Now you really need that music!

Sauron is going to get his ring back and he’s not going to get his ring back with some small case, we are talking about the Cosmos 2 By Cooler Master. He will be watercooled by my friend Artur from Coolingstuff! Sauron will get some awesome custom paint by my friend at Dmfinearts. Can’t wait to see the result. And don’t forget the custom made radiator grills from ModWithMe. 

So let's start this project and mod the Sh*t out of this awesome case! :rock::rock::rock:

To do list.

•Make the build log. [Check]

•Cooler Master product photos. [Check]

•Coolingstuff product photos. [Check]

•Dmfinearts product photos. [soon]

•Get parts out of the case that are uneccesarry.[Check]

•Fit a 360 radiator and two 240mm radiators. [check]

•Make a window for the sidepanel. [soon]

•Make the custom radiator grills. [soon]

•Get Saurons hand and make it hold the resovoir. [soon]

•Order Saurons rings.

•Put the ring inside the reservoir.[soon]

• Put the rings on the fittings.[soon]

•Airbrush time by DMfineARTS.[soon]

•Fix so everything workas it should. [soon]

• Install the radiators.[soon]

•Sleeve case.  [soon]

•Sleeve PSU . [soon]

•Install every component. [soon]

•Make the last touch. [soon]

•Optimize the PC to it's best level! :rock:

•Done!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When the text is thick it means it's done!
Note!
The list can be changed.
Updates!

Update 1-

kn0h.jpg
lvqs.jpg
65ov.jpg
qsbf.jpg
r5h6.jpg
ezfs.jpg
whjq.jpg
jb5z.jpg
2a5d.jpg
2vzk.jpg
qqcp.jpg
4lkr.jpg
hagk.jpg
nj2d.jpg
1nv7.jpg
5dps.jpg
hel1.jpg
ld3a.jpg
x29e.jpg
jcf4.jpg
5q0k.jpg
ui0z.jpg

I appreciate any constructive feedback that you would like to give me.

Sincerely,
NJB Mods

"I don't believe you have to be better than everybody else. I believe you have to be better than you ever thought you could be." Ken Venturi

Hey and welcome back!

It's time for the second update for this project and this time i'll be showing off some products from Coolingstuff. I'll also be showing up my first modding to the case. 

Coolingstuff sent me the watercooling parts earlier then i expected, they are really awesome and i can't wait to see how the cooling coolant will look within this build. So let's get to the photos and tell me what you think!

pabh.jpg

8959.jpg

gkky.jpg

5xvw.jpg

pcza.jpg

dtxp.jpg

6yo9.JPG

tvz6.jpg

w6w9.JPG

d3hr.jpg

eawb.jpg

qr9f.jpg

jtsm.jpg

imlw.jpg

92nq.jpg

jzu4.jpg

t1d8.jpg

v0ov.JPG

1e8z.jpg

j9xm.jpg

henr.jpg

p57s.jpg

lmlc.jpg

mf1z.jpg

9l07.jpg

tdw0.jpg

v0cl.jpg

3pct.jpg

ao91.jpg

yxj1.jpg

5216.jpg

sj7t.jpg

amxc.jpg

sob3.jpg

lyi.JPG

72sw.JPG

1m9q.jpg

pn1z.JPG

1pgi.jpg

c7ie.jpg

0yuv.jpg

p8b9.jpg

h7m1.JPG

1kpp.jpg

lctg.jpg

03n9.jpg

h25w.jpg

lr6g.jpg

I need to redo the U channel cable I think it doesn't look good....Otherwise I'm really happy how the mountings on the two 240MMs radiators looked. I think it looks amazing, but...In my opinion i think it would be a lot of nicer with either red screws or red vinyl instead of the black vinyl. what do you think?

coolingstuff.jpg

I want to thank Coolingstuff for supporting this project! It couldn't be done without you!

That's everything for now!

MOD ON!!!!

Sincerely,

NJB Mods

"I don't believe you have to be better than everybody else. I believe you have to be better than you ever thought you could be." Ken Venturi

those hands don't look 14...

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

those fans dont really look pressure optimized. looking forward to the finished built though :)

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

at least you changed your profil pic so we dont only see the head! :P

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

Lol, i didn't look close at that photo, looks like i'm much younger, but yep i'm 14 soon 15 lol :P

those fans dont really look pressure optimized. looking forward to the finished built though :)

I've heard they are really good, i guess we will see, thanks!

You don't sound 14.

Heh :P

at least you changed your profil pic so we dont only see the head! :P

LOL, I agree :P

Lol, i didn't look close at that photo, looks like i'm much younger, but yep i'm 14 soon 15 lol :P

I've heard they are really good, i guess we will see, thanks!

Heh :P

LOL, I agree :P

I love the parts but the first photo please remove it. Looks so cheesy.

Quote me to get a reply!

I love the parts but the first photo please remove it. Looks so cheesy.

Thanks!

For the components i don't really know. i really love the new ASUS Maximus VI Formula, should look perfect in this build.

I'll re upload the first photo! :)

Awesome build. I have a Cosmos 2 myself, but not watercooled, one day i will get there.

I have a question how was the fit for the two rads on the bottom? and where u located the fans, between the rads?

Everyday Rig: CPU: Intel i7 3930k (stock), Graphics Card: Asus Strix GTX 1080 Advance Edition, Ram: 32Gb 1600MHz Corsair Vengeance, Storage: 128Gb Samsung 830, 2Tb Seagate Barracuda, CPU Cooler: H100i GTX Noctua F12 iPPC 2000RPM and Gentle Typhoon 1850RPM, Windows 10 Pro, Power Supply: Corsair HX1050 80Gold, Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Keyboard: Corsair K65 Cherry Red,  Mouse: Razer Mamba TE

Awesome build. I have a Cosmos 2 myself, but not watercooled, one day i will get there.

I have a question how was the fit for the two rads on the bottom? and where u located the fans, between the rads?

Thanks!

Nice, they are really sexy when they are watercooled!

The fit for the 240mm radiators was really easy, i located the fans just on the radiators. so it's a very easy mod :)

Hey!

Back with a little question to you guys!

Which side panel should i try to get? 

426763_10151306849420817_1670621265_n.jp

Which one could be the best looking for this project?

One more question for you!

Should i try to get a plexi glass, with a little darker color to it? You can still see through it but...it's just darker.

Please tell me what you think!

Sincerely,

NJB Mods

Whatever has more plexi/glass :P

Haha lol!

Btw, which of the alternatives do you like best? :)

Either B or C, although I'm more inclined to option C :) 

phanteks enthoo pro | intel i5 4690k | noctua nh-d14 | msi z97 gaming 5 | 16gb crucial ballistix tactical | msi gtx970 4G OC  | adata sp900

b would be awsome

Thanks for your opinion :)

Either B or C, although I'm more inclined to option C :)

It's hard to choose...

Definitely B

Yeah i don't know. It's easier to cut, but C is bigger :P

I think B looks better, but the extra ventilation will make it a pain to mod if you want to cut it up a bit

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

Another idea again! 

I've got another idea for this project!

I will remove the case feets and the case top handles. put some nice casefeets and on the top i want a text to be on the sides like this

500px-One_Ring_inscription.svg.png

It means something like this

"One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,

One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them."

So, think that there will be this red LED plate will show of the text and it will blink slowly.

What do you think?

c

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

Another idea again! 

I've got another idea for this project!

I will remove the case feets and the case top handles. put some nice casefeets and on the top i want a text to be on the sides like this

500px-One_Ring_inscription.svg.png

It means something like this

"One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them."

So, think that there will be this red LED plate will show of the text and it will blink slowly.

What do you think?

the text could be fantastic for a lotr themed case, honestly i think the majority of us got that phrase memorised and instantly knew the moment we saw the text, having it blinking red would just be right on so many lvls, but then again i guess it really depends on what sort of theme you are aiming for, what approach you are going to use, it could end up being misfit.

guess it would be better if it had more of a "breathing" light fading in and out slowly, rather than blinking.

the text could be fantastic for a lotr themed case, honestly i think the majority of us got that phrase memorised and instantly knew the moment we saw the text, having it blinking red would just be right on so many lvls, but then again i guess it really depends on what sort of theme you are aiming for, what approach you are going to use, it could end up being misfit.

guess it would be better if it had more of a "breathing" light fading in and out slowly, rather than blinking.

Sorry!

Of coruse it will be "breathing" didn't know which english word i should have choosed instead in that moment!

But thanks for helping me out :)

So it's going to be breathing instead :)

Thanks!