*SOLVED* asus strix lighting?

alexander1234
Go to solution Solved by shadowbyte,
1 hour ago, alexander1234 said:

how do you do it then?

also thx for the answer 

It's a fantastic card

the fans do turn off under idle, and it's completely silent. Stays under 70c at 100% usage overclocked to 20388mhz.

you download the Asus Aura software from their website to control the lighting, but you don't have to have it open to have the lighting on all the time. I think there's a chip on the card that stores your lighting settings.

hi i am currently trying to decide between a msi 1070 gaming x or asus rog strix 1070  but i am wondering how quiet is the asus one and are the fans turned off when the card is a specific temp like the mis one and do you need a aura motherboard to control the lighting?

hope someone can inform me on this.

No you don't need Aura mobo to control it

@shadowbyte would provide with more info, he has a 1080

Just now, deXxterlab97 said:

No you don't need Aura mobo to control it

@shadowbyte would provide with more info, he has a 1080

how do you do it then?

also thx for the answer 

I have an ASUS Strix 1080 and I absolutely love the card. Very quiet considering the performance out of it. I'm sure you will not be disappointed with the Strix 1070. By the way, ASUS always had pretty high performance cards out there, marginally beating out Gigabyte and MSI by a few FPS.

Specs: Intel Core i7 2600k | Gigabyte Z68-UD3H-B3 | EVGA 1080 FTW2 Gaming | Kingston HyperX Red 16GB | Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | Corsair CX600 | 
Lian Li Lancool-II white

Laptop: ASUS ROG Zephyrus M15 (Intel i7, 16GB, RTX 2070) | 2013 MacBook Pro 15 (Intel i7, 16GB, GT750M)

Just now, sebastiansulb said:

I have an ASUS Strix 1080 and I absolutely love the card. Very quiet considering the performance out of it. I'm sure you will not be disappointed with the Strix 1070. By the way, ASUS always had pretty high performance cards out there, marginally beating out Gigabyte and MSI by a few FPS.

are the fans always on? also dosent matter what manufacter i buy from i can overclock it higher myself so i dont really consider anyone better i just look for a card i like the look of

The fans start spinning after 50c or something like around there

CPU:i7 9700k 5047.5Mhz All Cores Mobo: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC, RAM:Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 OC 3467Mhz GPU:MSI RTX 2070 ARMOR 8GB OC Storage:Samsung SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB, 2x SSD ADATA PRO SP900 256GB, HDD WD CB 2TB, HDD GREEN 2TB PSU: Seasonic focus plus 750w Gold Display(s): 1st: LG 27UK650-W, 4K, IPS, HDR10, 10bit(8bit + A-FRC). 2nd: Samsung 24" LED Monitor (SE390), Cooling:Fazn CPU Cooler Aero 120T Push/pull Corsair ML PRO Fans Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB mx Rapidfire Mouse:Razer Naga Chroma  Headset: Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma Sound: Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker Case: Modded Case Inverted, 5 intake 120mm, one exhaust 120mm.

how do you do it then?

also thx for the answer 

It's a fantastic card

the fans do turn off under idle, and it's completely silent. Stays under 70c at 100% usage overclocked to 20388mhz.

you download the Asus Aura software from their website to control the lighting, but you don't have to have it open to have the lighting on all the time. I think there's a chip on the card that stores your lighting settings.

Snorlax: i7 5820k @4.5ghz, Asus X99 Pro, 32gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666, Cryorig R1 Ultimate, Samsung 850 evo 500gb, Asus GTX 1080 ROG Strix, Corsair RM850x, NZXT H440, Hue+

Smallsnor: Huawei Matebook X

Canon AE-1 w/ 50mm f/1.8 lens

Pentax KM w/ 55mm f/1.8 SMC lens

Zenit-E w/ 58mm f/2 Helios lens

Panasonic G7 with 14-42mm f/3.5 lens

Polaroid Spectra System

4 minutes ago, shadowbyte said:

overclocked to 20388mhz.

holy shit

1 minute ago, deXxterlab97 said:

holy shit

damn holy hell

best OCing 1080 ever made lmao

actually 2038

Snorlax: i7 5820k @4.5ghz, Asus X99 Pro, 32gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666, Cryorig R1 Ultimate, Samsung 850 evo 500gb, Asus GTX 1080 ROG Strix, Corsair RM850x, NZXT H440, Hue+

Polaroid Spectra System

hi i am currently trying to decide between a msi 1070 gaming x or asus rog strix 1070  but i am wondering how quiet is the asus one and are the fans turned off when the card is a specific temp like the mis one and do you need a aura motherboard to control the lighting?

I have a 1080 Strix and I can barely hear it when gaming, and it makes no noise at all while idle because the fans are off. You use software to control the lighting, motherboard doesn't matter. The lights are bright too, it lights up ny whole case.

5 hours ago, alexander1234 said:

how do you do it then?

also thx for the answer 

I have an Asus Strix GTX 1070 and Asus Z170-A motherboard. You only need the Aura software to control lighting.

A couple words of caution: the best white the Strix LEDs seem to be able to do still has a slightly violet hue. I use it like that and still think it looks good, but if that might a problem for your aesthetic, beware. Also, the card is huge in all dimensions. Make sure you've got room, both length and width.

If those aren't deal-breakers for you, I think it's a great choice. I'm very happy with mine.

3 hours ago, ShadyOrb09 said:

I have a 1080 Strix and I can barely hear it when gaming, and it makes no noise at all while idle because the fans are off. You use software to control the lighting, motherboard doesn't matter. The lights are bright too, it lights up ny whole case.

can the brightness be controlled?

Just now, typographie said:

I have an Asus Strix GTX 1070 and Asus Z170-A motherboard. You only need the Aura software to control lighting.

A couple words of caution: the best white the Strix LEDs seem to be able to do still has a slightly violet hue. I use it like that and still think it looks good, but if that might a problem for your aesthetic, beware. Also, the card is huge in all dimensions. Make sure you've got room, both length and width.

well my colour combo is. red and black case. red led fans blue light at the top and a msi 1060 which is also red *picture included*

IMAG0101.jpg

IMAG0113.jpg

3 minutes ago, typographie said:

also i do believe a p400 should be able to take it when it comes to size *giggity*

4 hours ago, shadowbyte said:

It's a fantastic card

damn that overclock tho plz tells me your secrets master doge

1 minute ago, alexander1234 said:

damn that overclock tho plz tells me your secrets master doge

you must make sure that you plug in sleeved white extensions

that is the secret

it's actually at 2038

Polaroid Spectra System

Just now, shadowbyte said:

you must make sure that you plug in sleeved white extensions

that is the secret

it's actually at 2038

lol why white tho or as bob ross would say whoite

Just now, alexander1234 said:

lol why white tho or as bob ross would say whoite

because those are the ones I used for that amazing 20,388 mhz

Polaroid Spectra System

5 hours ago, alexander1234 said:

To control the lighting for the Asus ROG Strix (I have an ROG Strix GTX 1080 Ti), you have to download the Aura lighting control software for the GPU (not the motherboard). Once installed, it'll be called AURA (GRAPHICS CARD), which is the name of the program you're looking for.

You can download the piece of software direct from Asus on the product page for the ROG Strix GTX 1070.

Found under 'Utilities' once you select the supported OS https://www.asus.com/Graphics-Cards/ROG-STRIX-GTX1070-8G-GAMING/HelpDesk_Download/

RIGZ

Spoiler

Starlight (Current): AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-core CPU | EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Black Edition | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Ultra | Full Custom Loop | 32GB (4x8GB) Dominator Platinum SE Blackout #338/500 | 1TB + 2TB M.2 NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSDs, 480GB SATA 2.5" SSD, 8TB 7200 RPM NAS HDD | EVGA NU Audio | Corsair 900D | Corsair AX1200i | Corsair ML120 2-pack 5x + ML140 2-pack

The Storm (Retired): Intel Core i7-5930K | Asus ROG STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 Ti | Asus ROG RAMPAGE V EDITION 10 | EKWB EK-KIT P360 with Hardware Labs Black Ice SR2 Multiport 480 | 32GB (4x8GB) Dominator Platinum SE Blackout #338/500 | 480GB SATA 2.5" SSD + 3TB 5400 RPM NAS HDD + 8TB 7200 RPM NAS HDD | Corsair 900D | Corsair AX1200i + Black/Blue CableMod cables | Corsair ML120 2-pack 2x + NB-BlackSilentPro PL-2 x3

STRONK COOLZ 9000

Spoiler

EK-Quantum Momentum X570 Aorus Master monoblock | EK-FC RTX 2080 + Ti Classic RGB Waterblock and Backplate | EK-XRES 140 D5 PWM Pump/Res Combo | 2x Hardware Labs Black Ice SR2 480 MP and 1x SR2 240 MP | 10X Corsair ML120 PWM fans | A mixture of EK-KIT fittings and EK-Torque STC fittings and adapters | Mayhems 10/13mm clear tubing | Mayhems X1 Eco UV Blue coolant | Bitspower G1/4 Temperature Probe Fitting

DESK TOIS

Spoiler

Glorious Modular Mechanical Keyboard | Glorious Model D Featherweight Mouse | 2x BenQ PD3200Q 32" 1440p IPS displays + BenQ BL3200PT 32" 1440p VA display | Mackie ProFX10v3 USB Mixer + Marantz MPM-1000 Mic | Sennheiser HD 598 SE Headphones | 2x ADAM Audio T5V 5" Powered Studio Monitors + ADAM Audio T10S Powered Studio Subwoofer | Logitech G920 Driving Force Steering Wheel and Pedal Kit + Driving Force Shifter | Logitech C922x 720p 60FPS Webcam | Xbox One Wireless Controller

QUOTES

Spoiler

"So because they didn't give you the results you want, they're biased? You realize that makes you biased, right?" - @App4that

"Brand loyalty/fanboyism is stupid." - Unknown person on these forums

"Assuming kills" - @Moondrelor

"That's not to say that Nvidia is always better, or that AMD isn't worth owning. But the fact remains that this forum is AMD biased." - @App4that

"I'd imagine there's exceptions to this trend - but just going on mine and my acquaintances' purchase history, we've found that budget cards often require you to turn off certain features to get slick performance, even though those technologies are previous gen and should be having a negligible impact" - ace42

"2K" is not 2560 x 1440 

19 minutes ago, alexander1234 said:

well my colour combo is. red and black case. red led fans blue light at the top and a msi 1060 which is also red *picture included*

I haven't experimented a lot with other colors, but from what I have seen it's really just the white that seems to look strange. I think the LEDs handle the rest of the spectrum just fine.

6 hours ago, alexander1234 said:

Not sure if anyone answered this, but asus cards turn off the fans if under a set temperature. You can turn it off so they spin all the time if you'd like too.

21 hours ago, shadowbyte said:

because those are the ones I used for that amazing 20,388 mhz

shit i only got black cabels fam

21 hours ago, JurunceNK said:

To control the lighting for the Asus ROG Strix (I have an ROG Strix GTX 1080 Ti), you have to download the Aura lighting control software for the GPU (not the motherboard). Once installed, it'll be called AURA (GRAPHICS CARD), which is the name of the program you're looking for.

You can download the piece of software direct from Asus on the product page for the ROG Strix GTX 1070.

Found under 'Utilities' once you select the supported OS https://www.asus.com/Graphics-Cards/ROG-STRIX-GTX1070-8G-GAMING/HelpDesk_Download/

thx