Gigabyte B700H PSU any good ???

Grim reaper 999

hey guys i am going to upgrade my PSU so is the Gigabyte B 700 H semi modular any good?

specs

core i 7 4790

msi h 97 gaming 3 motherboard

4 x 8 GB RAM 1600Hz

Sapphire R7 260x 2 GB

6x DVD drives

1x Samsung evo 250 GB SSd

1x WD Blue 2 TB

4 port SATA 6GBs  PCIe 1 card

4x 120mm case fans

It's a CWT GPK unit like the Cooler Master Bv2, which is a full range input voltage version of the GPM design of the previous Corsair VS model.

I would look at something else. What you was looking at previously, the FSP Hydro X is a better quality unit.

3 minutes ago, quan289 said:

The Corsair CX550M is better than the Vengeance. The one I suggested is also fully modular.

8 minutes ago, RaptorCandy said:

The Corsair CX550M is better than the Vengeance. The one I suggested is also fully modular.

The Corsair Vengeance is based on the same platform as the new Corsair CXM; however, the Vengeance used full Japanese caps, a better rifle bearing fan, and is a multi-rail design (added protection and costlier). The CXM is by no means better than the Vengeance.

While you can say that the Seasonic is functionally better, the Vengeance is based on a more modern design and is electrically superior. It also have a better set of protection than the Seasonic.

11 minutes ago, quan289 said:

The Corsair Vengeance is based on the same platform as the new Corsair CXM; however, the Vengeance used full Japanese caps, a better rifle bearing fan, and is a multi-rail design (added protection and costlier). The CXM is by no means better than the Vengeance.

While you can say that the Seasonic is functionally better, the Vengeance is based on a more modern design and is electrically superior. It also have a better set of protection than the Seasonic.

The SeaSonic PSU is still a reliable PSU and is listed as an Tier 4 PSU. Imo I would recommend the 620W PSU I suggested over the Corsair Vengeance if it comes down to the price. His PC might not use much Watts but he will still have a lot of headroom if he decides to upgrade in the future.

10 minutes ago, RaptorCandy said:

The SeaSonic PSU is still a reliable PSU and is listed as an Tier 4 PSU. Imo I would recommend the 620W PSU I suggested over the Corsair Vengeance if it comes down to the price. His PC might not use much Watts but he will still have a lot of headroom if he decides to upgrade in the future.

If you are in a situation where you need something more than the 550w PSU, the M12II-B being rated 70w more (or 26w more on the 12V) isn't really an advantage due to its design. Between the two, he is better off getting a higher quality unit now which is the Vengeance than simply one that is slightly higher rated. If he concern for future-proofing (even though the Vengeance 550 is good for a single GPU setup) and need something more, then he should invest in something else than the M12II-B Evo (unless we are talking about the 750w+ model which is superior than the 620 and below models).

I mean he could get the Vengeance 650M for the same price as the M12II-B Evo 620w: https://geizhals.eu/corsair-vengeance-650m-650w-atx-2-4-cp-9020112-de-a1405283.html

2 minutes ago, quan289 said:

If you are in a situation where you need something more than the 550w PSU, the M12II-B being rated 70w more (or 26w more on the 12V) isn't really an advantage due to its design. Between the two, he is better off getting a higher quality unit now which is the Vengeance than simply one that is slightly higher rated. If he concern for future-proofing (even though the Vengeance 550 is good for a single GPU setup) and need something more, then he should invest in something else than the M12II-B Evo (unless we are talking about the 750w+ model which is superior than the 620 and below models).

I mean he could get the Vengeance 650M for the same price as the M12II-B Evo 620w: https://geizhals.eu/corsair-vengeance-650m-650w-atx-2-4-cp-9020112-de-a1405283.html

I think i will need something more than 550 W. is FSP Hydro 600W any better??

18 minutes ago, Grim reaper 999 said:

I think i will need something more than 550 W. is FSP Hydro 600W any better??

Nope. In that case, I will consider suggesting you to go for the M12II-B 620, but then suggest you to look at the Corsair Vengeance 550M instead. If you feel more comfortable with getting a higher wattage unit, then you can go for the Vengeance 650M that I had linked to.

Unless, of course, you can't get it from where you are from? If that's the case, can you provide a link to stores that you can buy from?

Just now, quan289 said:

Nope. In that case, I consider suggesting you to go for the M12II-B 620, then suggest you to look at the Corsair Vengeance 550M instead. If you feel more comfortable with getting a higher wattage unit, then you can go for the Vengeance 650M that I had linked to.

Unless, of course, you can't get it from where you are from? If that's the case, can you provide a link to stores that you can buy from?

http://www.redlinetech.lk/pricelist/case-psu

this is the link

8 minutes ago, Grim reaper 999 said:

Wow, that's not a lot of options...

I would get the FSP Hydro X 550W 80+ Gold and nothing less expensive than 15,500LKR. If you have plans to SLI / CFX cards like the 1080, then you can have a look at the Corsair RM750x (preferably) or the FSP Hydro G 750w.

1 minute ago, quan289 said:

I would get the FSP Hydro X 550W 80+ Gold and nothing less expensive than 15,500IKR. If you have plans to SLI / CFX cards like the 1080, then you can have a look at the Corsair RM750x (preferably) or the FSP Hydro G 750w.

I dont plan to upgrade VGA cards but can I run 5x USB 3.0 5x USB 2.0 devices, 6x DVD writers along with 1 SSD and a 1 HDD with the Hydrox 550????

44 minutes ago, quan289 said:

I would get the FSP Hydro X 550W 80+ Gold and nothing less expensive than 15,500IKR. If you have plans to SLI / CFX cards like the 1080, then you can have a look at the Corsair RM750x (preferably) or the FSP Hydro G 750w.

I have found a Coler Master G 650 M Bronze for 15500 is it any good??

10 hours ago, Grim reaper 999 said:

I dont plan to upgrade VGA cards but can I run 5x USB 3.0 5x USB 2.0 devices, 6x DVD writers along with 1 SSD and a 1 HDD with the Hydrox 550????

Yes.

9 hours ago, Grim reaper 999 said:

I have found a Coler Master G 650 M Bronze for 15500 is it any good??

It's a decent budget unit, I guess. The Hydro X is a better built unit, but both would be fine for your system.