Trying to automate Wine Staging

So I'm on macOS Sierra, and I've installed Wine staging to run some programs. It works great but in order to launch the program, I have to open Wine Staging (which opens as a terminal) then I have to navigate to the directory that contains the .exe or the program and then run wine program.exe. Is there any way to automate this process or install some kind of GUI for Wine Staging?

I thought you were trying to make actual wine. :P

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

1 minute ago, NumLock21 said:

I thought you were trying to make actual wine. :P

you arent a linuxy person then :P

on topic: cant you just run the wine thing with the executable as an argument? that's how it works on linux.

Just now, manikyath said:

you arent a linuxy person then :P

I just read the title and immediately thought about actual wine.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

Just now, NumLock21 said:

I just read the title and immediately thought about actual wine.

you see.. for me its the oposite way around, when someone mentions wine, i imediately think software :P

2 hours ago, manikyath said:

on topic: cant you just run the wine thing with the executable as an argument? that's how it works on linux.

Sorry I'm fairly new to bash, can you explain what you mean more? What's an argument?

On OS X, installing software works slightly differently than on an average Linux distribution.

Fitst: From where did you install Wine? From macports, or some site? Did you do D'n'D to the programs in OS X, or use an installation wizard ("OS X installation program") ?

Wine may be installed in a way that the executable is not available to the shell (D'n'D to Programs or OS X installation wizard etc.) or so that it is available to the shell (via macports or similar). If the case is the former, I believe you can not start programs by "wine xxxxxx.exe", as you do on Linux.

Also, making shortcuts is not as straightforward in OS X than in Linux distributions (or at least it did not use to be). I'm not sure any Wine installation on OS X makes any kind of Windows and OS X desktop integration (as in: making shortcuts automatically to installed Windows programs in your OS X desktop); on Linux, Wine does attempt to do this, and even sometimes somewhat succeeds.

OS X's desktop interface is not meant for tinkering; for example, the philosophy is that each application is a self-contained package, which is in conflict with software like Wine (which is an interface/collection of libraries for running Windows applications on some other OS).

13 hours ago, minimoose said:

Sorry I'm fairly new to bash, can you explain what you mean more? What's an argument?

An argument is some parameter you type after any command in any command line.

http://write.flossmanuals.net/command-line/introduction/

Now that I've red manikyath's answer again, he (/she?) probably meant to integrate it into the desktop, you need to make a file association. This can be made trough the OS X GUI, if wine is listed in the programs. I'd give you a step-by-step guide, but I don't have time to boot into OS X right now. Try to look in the context menu in Finder, properties of any .exe and find the association menu from there (that's where it used to be, IIRC).

Associate .exe with "wine" and finder should run them with wine after that.