Can you game and render videos with dual gpu and 8 core CPU?

So I'm after a single system for my needs I've been using a separate editing rig but honestly my power bill is going up as its rendering all night and day and during the day I have my Skylake Gaming system pulling a good 500w from the wall.  So I have this question

1.can you game and render videos and Photoshop all at the same time?  In concept I think you should as most editing apps let you allocate what gpu to put into use etc like davinci resolve.  

2.can I allocate say 4 cores 8 threads to be used purely by Gaming and the other 4 cores 8 threads to be pulled via my editing? 

All the info you can give me that would be great!  

Faith: WIP

Cpu: intel 6700k

RAM: g.skill ripjaw v 3200mhz 16 18 18 38 2n 32gb 4x8gb

MB: Asrock extreme 7+

GPU: GTX 1080 TI Poseidon Platinum Asus ROG
PSU: Cougar 1050W 80+ gold

Case: IN WIN 509 ROG [ black red ]

Cooling: Barrow Fittings, Block, 360mm x 60mm rad, 18w d5 pump, 210 res, EK blood red premix. Poseidon GPU block

SETUP: BenQ 27" 144hz|BenQ 28" 1080p VA 60HZ|Corsair Strafe RGB|Razer DeathAdDer Chroma|ATH IM70|E10k Olympus 2 amp|DX Racer King

I've gamed and rendered before on my rig, but dedicating a specific GPU to a task really isn't supported in most software.  So it's really how much horsepower your rig has and how demanding both the game and render are.  

It does help to have the render files on a seporate SSD but not to the extent of being able to play a high-end game and render 4k video at the same time.  

So finally answer, it's Possible, but it all depends on how demanding the game and render is.  I've seen some renders almost lock a rig just in the render itself, and I've also been able to run some older games while rendering at the same time.

This is on a 1800x, 32GB of ram, and dual 1080s (SLI disabled while rendering)

2 minutes ago, Evanair said:

I've gamed and rendered before on my rig, but dedicating a specific GPU to a task really isn't supported in most software.  So it's really how much horsepower your rig has and how demanding both the game and render are.  

It does help to have the render files on a seporate SSD but not to the extent of being able to play a high-end game and render 4k video at the same time.  

So finally answer, it's Possible, but it all depends on how demanding the game and render is.  I've seen some renders almost lock a rig just in the render itself, and I've also been able to run some older games while rendering at the same time.

This is on a 1800x, 32GB of ram, and dual 1080s (SLI disabled while rendering)

I render to the max of 15 mins at 1440p I upload off LTE as my main connection sucks 0.08mb upload or 80kb.  Say deus ex mankind divided or Csgo or player unknown etc at 1080p/1440p

Faith: WIP

Cpu: intel 6700k

RAM: g.skill ripjaw v 3200mhz 16 18 18 38 2n 32gb 4x8gb

MB: Asrock extreme 7+

GPU: GTX 1080 TI Poseidon Platinum Asus ROG
PSU: Cougar 1050W 80+ gold

Case: IN WIN 509 ROG [ black red ]

Cooling: Barrow Fittings, Block, 360mm x 60mm rad, 18w d5 pump, 210 res, EK blood red premix. Poseidon GPU block

SETUP: BenQ 27" 144hz|BenQ 28" 1080p VA 60HZ|Corsair Strafe RGB|Razer DeathAdDer Chroma|ATH IM70|E10k Olympus 2 amp|DX Racer King

I've never played any of these games.  I can tell you that games like Rise of the Tomb Raider sucks so much GPU power but about 50% cpu that I can use it to render because MOST adobe software (exceptions to certain functions or effects or After Effects/Speedgrade). Even with CUDA rendering enabled rather than software my GPUs rarely peak higher than 20-40 percent while rendering.  The reverse is true for games that are 100% CPU load.  I cannot render at all as most of the rendering is CPU bound.   Games like Overwatch draw 100% GPU and CPU power, so I cannot do both at once. Having Dual GPU really doesn't matter unfortunately.  Even when rendering without SLI, the primary card peaks at around 40, where the secondary slot peaks around 30-40 but rarely.

Check out the games you want to play, see if they are GPU or CPU dependent. GPU bound games you can render. CPU (or very optimized to use  ones you cannot due to how encoding works off CPU.

Again, this is based off Adobe Suite.  I'm sure that programs that render off the GPU (3d rendering apps) are completly different but I only use Cinema 4D  and rarely at that.

Random note... wouldn't it be faster to burn a DVD and mail it to your target audience with that speed? =P