Can't connect to router/fail to find Ip

I have a Asus router that is connected to the stock modem that att supplies you. Suddenly the other day the connection drops. The 2.4 and 5 networks are still up but can't be connected to. I have computers on lan going to the router also and they can't connect either. The networks worked for some time and everything seemed fine until it suddenly dropped again. I can not access the modem or router setting while plugged into the router so at a loss. I could probably access the modem by going directly to it but not sure what to do. I would mess with it and do more research but I'm in the midst of finals and just want my internet back quick.

So you can't access the router at all?

Bow down to me humans.

I can't help if you don't quote me. How am I supposed to know if you need my premium support? Now starting at £399.99 a year.

Also, be a sport and mark the correct answer as the correct answer. It will help pour souls in the future when they are stuck and need guidance.

"If it works, proceed to take it apart and 'make it work better.' Then cry for help when it breaks." - Me, about five minutes ago when my train of thought wandered.

Remember kids, A janky solution is still a solution.

Have you tried to access the modem without the router? I assume that the link between the modem & the router is standard RJ45 Ethernet, so you should just be able to connect a desktop to the modem. You won't have WiFi, but you'll have a internet connection

Bow down to me humans.

I can't help if you don't quote me. How am I supposed to know if you need my premium support? Now starting at £399.99 a year.

Also, be a sport and mark the correct answer as the correct answer. It will help pour souls in the future when they are stuck and need guidance.

"If it works, proceed to take it apart and 'make it work better.' Then cry for help when it breaks." - Me, about five minutes ago when my train of thought wandered.

Try a reset on the router. This sounds elementary but I've seen it work for Asus routers before. It could be a software flaw that shows that it's up and your computers are connecting. I would originally assume that if your computers might need a reset since Windows 10 has been pretty notorious with dropped WiFi connections lately. Most AT&T modems are WiFi capable though, so I am not sure why you are going through an Asus router.

6 minutes ago, Undertaker225 said:

Try a reset on the router. This sounds elementary but I've seen it work for Asus routers before. It could be a software flaw that shows that it's up and your computers are connecting. I would originally assume that if your computers might need a reset since Windows 10 has been pretty notorious with dropped WiFi connections lately. Most AT&T modems are WiFi capable though, so I am not sure why you are going through an Asus router.

So do you mean a complete factory reset on the router? And to answer your question we run everything including Ethernet through the router because the att modem/router is complete crap (like their service) 

9 minutes ago, liamdoyle27 said:

Have you tried to access the modem without the router? I assume that the link between the modem & the router is standard RJ45 Ethernet, so you should just be able to connect a desktop to the modem. You won't have WiFi, but you'll have a internet connection

The wifi does work on the old att router if I put it back up but that doesn't actually fix my problem just skips my very nice router that I would like to go through 

Well as a temporary fix, unless @Undertaker225 solution works, couldn't you just use the modem? A cheap rubbishy router normally goes for about a tenner in PC World so if your sending it back for repair (if that's an option) that could get all your things back online for a while. 

Through a router reset probably should fix it.

Bow down to me humans.

17 minutes ago, liamdoyle27 said:

Well as a temporary fix, unless @Undertaker225 solution works, couldn't you just use the modem? A cheap rubbishy router normally goes for about a tenner in PC World so if your sending it back for repair (if that's an option) that could get all your things back online for a while. 

Through a router reset probably should fix it.

Does he mean a complete factory reset 

Just now, zootcake said:

Does he mean a complete factory reset 

I wasnt aware you can do anything else - but I don't have an expensive router (sniffle) but yes. Full reset. You only have to set up WiFi and Admin Console passwords

Bow down to me humans.

8 minutes ago, liamdoyle27 said:

I wasnt aware you can do anything else - but I don't have an expensive router (sniffle) but yes. Full reset. You only have to set up WiFi and Admin Console passwords

Ok thanks for the help