Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Seems enough for 420 fps, well done Linus :D

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

I wish luke hosted this video ;(

hi hi

Holy fuck a VIA build on LTT

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

What is scaling and how does it work? Asus PB287Q unboxing! Console alternatives :D Watch Netflix with Kodi on Arch Linux Sharing folders over the internet using SSH Beginner's Guide To LTT (by iamdarkyoshi)

Sauron'stm Product Scores:

Spoiler

Just a list of my personal scores for some products, in no particular order, with brief comments. I just got the idea to do them so they aren't many for now :)

Don't take these as complete reviews or final truths - they are just my personal impressions on products I may or may not have used, summed up in a couple of sentences and a rough score. All scores take into account the unit's price and time of release, heavily so, therefore don't expect absolute performance to be reflected here.

-Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - [8/10]

Spoiler

A durable and reliable machine that is relatively lightweight, has all the hardware it needs to never feel sluggish and has a great IPS matte screen. Downsides are mostly due to its age, most notably the screen resolution of 1366x768 and usb 2.0 ports.

-Apple Macbook (2015) - [Garbage -/10]

Spoiler

From my perspective, this product has no redeeming factors given its price and the competition. It is underpowered, overpriced, impractical due to its single port and is made redundant even by Apple's own iPad pro line.

-OnePlus X - [7/10]

Spoiler

A good phone for the price. It does everything I (and most people) need without being sluggish and has no particularly bad flaws. The lack of recent software updates and relatively barebones feature kit (most notably the lack of 5GHz wifi, biometric sensors and backlight for the capacitive buttons) prevent it from being exceptional.

-Microsoft Surface Book 2 - [Garbage - -/10]

Spoiler

Overpriced and rushed, offers nothing notable compared to the competition, doesn't come with an adequate charger despite the premium price. Worse than the Macbook for not even offering the small plus sides of having macOS. Buy a Razer Blade if you want high performance in a (relatively) light package.

-Intel Core i7 2600/k - [9/10]

Spoiler

Quite possibly Intel's best product launch ever. It had all the bleeding edge features of the time, it came with a very significant performance improvement over its predecessor and it had a soldered heatspreader, allowing for efficient cooling and great overclocking. Even the "locked" version could be overclocked through the multiplier within (quite reasonable) limits.

-Apple iPad Pro - [5/10]

Spoiler

A pretty good product, sunk by its price (plus the extra cost of the physical keyboard and the pencil). Buy it if you don't mind the Apple tax and are looking for a very light office machine with an excellent digitizer. Particularly good for rich students. Bad for cheap tinkerers like myself.

Finally, a build i can afford xD

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU XFX GTR RX480 8GB- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum - Keyboard Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 Driving Force - Shifter - n Logitech Driving Force

4 minutes ago, Daniel644 said:

but can it run Minesweeper?

Yup, and 3D pinball was so real I felt like I was there

and how much did this $69 dollar computer end up costing after having to buy 2 of them and then the SSD, cd-rom drive and all the other shit that was tacked on to it?

I demand Pentium 4 comparison !
We don't know how good 15FPS in 3DM01SE is.

PS. Remember guys, you need 65nm to run Windows 10 x64 on P4 :)

CPU : Xeon E5-1680 v2 @ 4,3 GHz + Hydronaut + TRVX + 2x Delta 38mm PWM
MB : Sabertooth X79 (BIOS 4801 + NVMe mod + uCode update)
RAM : 8x A-Data DDR3 XPG 2000X 2GB @ 1868MHz CL8.9.8.24 CR2T, Quad Channel.
GPU : ASUS GTX 1080 (FE)
M.2/HDD : Samsung SM961 256GB (NVMe/OS) + RAID0 2x WD10EZEX (rev. 2013) + HGST Ultrastar 7K6000 6TB
On 6/5/2017 at 3:15 PM, agent_x007 said:

I demand Pentium 4 comparison !
We don't know how good 15FPS in 3DM01SE is.

PS. Remember guys, you need 65nm to run Windows 10 x64 on P4 :)

If I have time tonight I will run 3dmark01se on my P3 1Ghz with an ATI 9800 pro Win 98 SE PC I have for retro gaming. Sure my GPU would be "cheating" but my MB does not have on board video.

Id love to see Linus pop in a PCI GPU into this puppy. I’m pretty sure Geforce 6000 cards had PCI versions still.

EDIT: Turns out my P3 win98 PC just crashes on the first test in 3dmark 2k1. I think my GPU is going bad :((it was getting 80fps at 1024x768 before it crashed). I may try installing XP on another HDD later because turns out win 98 actually kind of sucks butt so it may not be my GPU. I am way to lazy to do that this week though.

EDIT 2: I reinstalled ATI drivers and I’m now able to get to the "Nature" part of the benchmark before it crashes. But for the "dragon" bench I got ~ 115 on the low pass and ~ 57 on the High pass. For the "car" one I got ~ 70 on low and ~ 17 on high. I ran it at 1024x768 and 640x480 with the same results both times. I found some old screen shots of people's scores that have P4s @ 2.4ghz and AMD Athalon XPs  @2ghz and they are getting ~200fps on the car bench on low and 60 on high. So my p3 is extremely bottlenecking this 9800pro. haha. I guess good thing I only use this PC to play old games like Rainbow six/Rouge Spear and Mechwarrior 2 & 3. All I know is iv spent way to much time doing this. lol, oh well.

EDIT 3: Turns out my PSU sucked. I replaced my PSU and I was able to complete 3dmark 2001. Final Score: 7234!

System Specs.

512MB PC800 (400Mhz) Rambus RAM

1 Ghz Intel pentium 3 (slot 1)

160GB IDE HDD

Windows 98 SE

Sound Blaster Audigy 1 sound card

Now a 500W Corsair PSU(Had a Turbolink LC-A350ATX in there before. I don’t know where this PSU came from nor have I ever heard of this brand. it says "Pentium 4 supported" on the side so that means its good right?)

The reason I have this PC is because this is the very first PC I ever build (~2000/2001). I put the 9800 pro in there because it was the last agp card I still had that works. Thankfully it still had win 98 drivers.

Main PC(Liquid cooled HAF-XB): The Green Monster

Backup PC:Evga X58 SLi, i7 920, GTX 660, 12GB DDR3 1600, CM HAF-X NV-edition

What monitor did they use? Is that ultrawide?

EDIT: NVM no way that's ultrawide rofl

37 minutes ago, Daniel644 said:

and how much did this $69 dollar computer end up costing after having to buy 2 of them and then the SSD, cd-rom drive and all the other shit that was tacked on to it?

I forget how much each motherboard was, I think they were like $30 plus shipping to Canada.  CD-Rom drives are near enough to free if you have an old computer sitting around, and I think that SSD is $100, so the whole thing was around $169 + $30 for broken board.

$69 so you have more money for the honies #amirite.

Workstation: 10850K @ 5.1Ghz || Gigabyte Z490 Ultra || ASUS TUF 3090 650W shunt, active backplate || G.Skill DDR4-3800 XMP 4x8GB || Corsair AX1500i || 11 gallon whole-house loop.

LANRig/GuestGamingBox: 9900KF @ 4.9Ghz || Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master || Gigabyte Gaming G1 1080Ti || Corsair SF600 || CPU+GPU watercooled 280 rad push only.

Server Router (Untangle): 8350K @ 4.7Ghz || ASRock Z370 ITX || 2x8GB || PicoPSU 250W, running on AX1200i from Server Storage || 11 gallon whole-house loop.

Server Compute: E5-2696v4 || Asus X99 mATX WS || LSI 9280i + Adaptec + Intel Expander || 5x10TB Seagate Enterprise Raid 6, 4x8TB Seagate Archive Backup, Corsair AX1200i (drives)  || 11 gallon whole-house loop.

Laptop: HP Elitebook 840 G3 (Intel 8350U), Razer Blade Stealth 13" 2017 (Intel 8550U)

Shelved: 9900 nonK || ASRock Z390 Taichi Ultimate || Gigabyte Z270 Gaming 9 || EVGA Titan X (Maxwell) || GTX 780

1 hour ago, Death_Masta187 said:

If I have time tonight I will run 3dmark01se on my P3 1Ghz with an ATI 9800 pro Win 98 SE PC I have for retro gaming. Sure my GPU would be "cheating" but my MB does not have on board video.

Id love to see Linus pop in a PCI GPU into this puppy. I’m pretty sure Geforce 6000 cards had PCI versions still.

EDIT: Turns out my P3 win98 PC just crashes on the first test in 3dmark 2k1. I think my GPU is going bad :(. I may try installing XP on another HDD later because win 98 actually kind of sucks butt so it may not be my GPU. I am way to lazy to do that this week though.

We did get 3D Mark 2001 to work in Windows 10, a system with an i7-7700K plus a 1080 recorded a score of 91002 3D Marks lol

1 hour ago, AlexTheGreatish said:

We did get 3D Mark 2001 to work in Windows 10, a system with an i7-7700K plus a 1080 recorded a score of 91002 3D Marks lol

lol that's awesome! If I remember correctly I think my ATi 9800 pro only gets around 10-13k.

Main PC(Liquid cooled HAF-XB): The Green Monster

Backup PC:Evga X58 SLi, i7 920, GTX 660, 12GB DDR3 1600, CM HAF-X NV-edition

21 minutes ago, BucklingSpring said:

Is that a black-label or a blue-label Model M? @AlexTheGreatish

It's an old Dell keyboard that I believe uses Black ALPS switches

Edited by AlexTheGreatish
Added link for keyboard model
7 minutes ago, AlexTheGreatish said:

It's an old Dell keyboard that I believe uses Black ALPS switches

An AT101, I assume? Black Alps are some of my favourite vintage switches.

1 hour ago, BucklingSpring said:

An AT101, I assume? Black Alps are some of my favourite vintage switches.

Magin, those things are basically magic on my fingers

Legit curious how well that Raspberry Pi 2/3 kit linked in the video description would perform in PC gaming. 

Alex, I made an account just to say "GO TERPS!" I was in Terps Racing '16 but for Formula. Keep up the good work.

That's what she said ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

only the tips