Linus' i9 video "I have some things to say"

Possibly my favorite LTT video in the most recent history possibly since the video where he built inside the NFC S4-mini.

Backdrop was superb.

Appears unscripted.

Reflects exactly what I was feeling about Intel's responses to Ryzen.

Intel got caught off guard at not trying to make the best quality products they could.

I think you can attribute it a bit to AMD's previous inactivity, but I feel it's unfair to shift all the blame to AMD. A lack of competition is understandable, but on the other side of the coin you shouldn't need competition to feel passionate about your work and wish to see self improvement and intel clearly did not show this in favor of simply using their position to gouge the consumer at all price points in the name of business. My only hope is that if AMD where to ever actually destroy intel's hold on the market that AMD themselves don't turn into the monstrosity that Intel has and if they do I hope Linus will be there to make a video like I just saw today to constructively criticize them on it because that was a great video on behalf of consumers I think.

It takes time to change company focus/direction. It will take Intel a little while to get out of incremental % and quad core stagnation back to innovation. I understand not reacting to Ryzen in time but come on the i9 is such a knee jerk that they probably broke their leg.

"Erm erm quick right they have 16, say we have 18."

"We only have a 12 cor-"

"I know that, say we have more coming but haven't decided how much we need to be slightly ahead of threadripper yet to maximise profit but still beat AMD. Obviously dress that up we can't actually tell them that."

"Why don't we say 18 cores on the way and release the best specs we can offer?"

"Clear your desk Patrick, that is not how we do business."

/s

The above is meant as humorous light fun but seriously AMD couldn't ask for a better ad campaign for threadripper. Soldered, features aren't gated behind price walls and physical keys (get your CPU DLC while its hot, is EA now an Intel shareholder?), all pcie lanes for the entire product stack, no brand specific products required elsewhere in the system and based on current leaks very strong pricing. 

22 minutes ago, CUDA_Cores said:

This isn't the first time intel had a rush release, and it wont be the last either. 

In 2004 when AMD released the athlon 64 x2 Intel panic released one of the worst CPUs they have ever made called the pentium D. It was a dual core CPU that was literally just two pentium 4s stuck together on the same die operating through the front side bus (very, very slow). It was an absolute failure until intel later countered a few years later with the legendary core 2 duo lineup (I have customers still using core 2 duo machines to this day). I predict the same thing will happen again.

Lord the Pentium D, such a piece of crap. Anyways yeah it seems like the cycle is repeating again hilariously enough. its quite sad to see intel crap itself like this when they still have the marketshare and money to come up with a proper response. Its so sad what companies will do for the sake of money

Primary Laptop (Gearsy MK4): Ryzen 9 5900HX, Radeon RX 6800M, Radeon Vega 8 Mobile, 24 GB DDR4 2400 Mhz, 512 GB SSD+1TB SSD, 15.6 in 300 Hz IPS display

2021 Asus ROG Strix G15 Advantage Edition

Secondary Laptop (Uni MK2): Ryzen 7 5800HS, Nvidia GTX 1650, Radeon Vega 8 Mobile, 16 GB DDR4 3200 Mhz, 512 GB SSD 

2021 Asus ROG Zephyrus G14 

Meme Machine (Uni MK1): Shintel Core i5 7200U, Nvidia GT 940MX, 24 GB DDR4 2133 Mhz, 256 GB SSD+500GB HDD, 15.6 in TN Display 

2016 Acer Aspire E5 575 

Retired Laptop (Gearsy MK2): Ryzen 5 2500U, Radeon Vega 8 Mobile, 12 GB 2400 Mhz DDR4, 256 GB NVME SSD, 15.6" 1080p IPS Touchscreen 

2017 HP Envy X360 15z (Ryzen)

PC (Gearsy): A6 3650, HD 6530D , 8 GB 1600 Mhz Kingston DDR3, Some Random Mobo Lol, EVGA 450W BT PSU, Stock Cooler, 128 GB Kingston SSD, 1 TB WD Blue 7200 RPM

HP P7 1234 (Yes It's Actually Called That)  RIP 

Also im happy to answer any Ryzen Mobile questions if anyone is interested! 

1 hour ago, CUDA_Cores said:

This isn't the first time intel had a rush release, and it wont be the last either. 

In 2004 when AMD released the athlon 64 x2 Intel panic released one of the worst CPUs they have ever made called the pentium D. It was a dual core CPU that was literally just two pentium 4s stuck together on the same die operating through the front side bus (very, very slow). It was an absolute failure until intel later countered a few years later with the legendary core 2 duo lineup (I have customers still using core 2 duo machines to this day). I predict the same thing will happen again.

I'm not very knowledgeable to a lot of the really old hardware. The oldest CPU I have is literally on a little board, it's a pentium 2 from my Aunt's old laptop that I took apart to try and learn more about laptops and PCs in general. I was able to take the ~500mb of RAM I think it was and put it into a different laptop that used a Pentium 3. Sadly I lost the charger to that laptop so I couldn't see if the extra RAM would've made a difference.