What is the best way to remove Skype ADS?

Go to solution Solved by Enderman,

Use skype windows 10 edition?

Or you can do this to remove ads from the old skype non-windows-10 version: https://www.cnet.com/how-to/how-to-disable-ads-in-skype/

All my friends are using Skype, so i cant change to another software

Is there a way to remove those clickbait ADS?

1 minute ago, Fooshi said:

Legit just dump it in the trash and shill Discord hard. No one should be using Skype in this day and age. 

I agree with you skype has soo many memory leaks its horrible.

Is there a release date for discord screen sharing?

Convince them all to use Discord, far better than Skype.

Use skype windows 10 edition?

Or you can do this to remove ads from the old skype non-windows-10 version: https://www.cnet.com/how-to/how-to-disable-ads-in-skype/

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

4 minutes ago, Fooshi said:

Legit just dump it in the trash and shill Discord hard. No one should be using Skype in this day and age. 

2 minutes ago, Benjals said:

Convince them all to use Discord, far better than Skype.

2 minutes ago, Memorizer said:

Uninstall Skype. Probably the best solution. Use Discord. :D

It's almost as if you have no idea of all the things skype can do and discord can't!

WOW!

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

1 minute ago, Enderman said:

It's almost as if you have no idea of all the things skype can do and discord can't!

WOW!

Let's be real, if you're playing fps or such with your friends, you won't be needing to see their faces everytime while you play. Just saying, no need to be mad :)

block the ads website from your router.

I use skype

It still one of the best option for video calling.

I don't know why these people suggesting something that skype does the best and discord can't even do is beyond me.

If you are using app version, uninstall it and use desktop version, if this was for an app, I have no idea.

Just now, Memorizer said:

Let's be real, if you're playing fps or such with your friends, you won't be needing to see their faces everytime while you play. Just saying, no need to be mad :)

Maybe OP or his friends do more than just play games online, huh?

Ever think about that?

There are plenty of people who have a "family" or "irl friends" and use video calling, group video calling, screen sharing, and stuff like that. It also works perfectly fine for voice too, unless you have a crappy internet connection.

Spoiler

3 hours ago, LuisCorner said:

I agree with you skype has soo many memory leaks its horrible.

what is that

Just now, NCIX Lampy said:

what is that

after a long sesion using skype it will stay at about 5gb of RAM usage. even with no call or anything.

5 minutes ago, LuisCorner said:

I have windows 10 but i cant find a download link for Skype for Windows 10 

Check windows store.

4 minutes ago, Blebekblebek said:

That's not windows 10 skype.

This is the windows 10 skype:

Image result for windows 10 skype

No ads, dark theme, cleaner UI, etc.

Spoiler

after a long sesion using skype it will stay at about 5gb of RAM usage. even with no call or anything.

LOL WTF R U SERIOUS?!

Just now, NCIX Lampy said:

LOL WTF R U SERIOUS?!

yep and the way to fix it is restart the app or the PC

1 minute ago, NCIX Lampy said:

LOL WTF R U SERIOUS?!

Just now, LuisCorner said:

No, memory leaks only happen if something is wrong with your OS or some part of a program.

I have my PC on 24/7 with skype running for several weeks or months with no memory issues.

If you cloned/migrated/upgraded windows then that's probably why some of your programs are malfunctioning.

Spoiler

I knew Microsoft had issues, but that's pretty fucking ridiculous. That's just lazy. 

Just now, Enderman said:

No, memory leaks only happen if something is wrong with your OS or some part of a program.

I have my PC on 24/7 with skype running for several weeks or months with no memory issues.

Where did you get your skype?

3 hours ago, Enderman said:

Oh. Maybe a reinstallation or update of it maybe idk

From Microsoft's website, where else? 

3 minutes ago, LuisCorner said:

I used to use the regular skype, which is now called "classic version" https://www.skype.com/en/download-skype/skype-for-computer/

When I clean installed windows 1703 it comes with the new version of windows 10 skype already installed.

Never had any memory leaks with either version, and both always ran continuously 24/7 for multiple weeks to months at a time.

Spoiler

4 minutes ago, Enderman said:

I used to use the regular skype, which is now called "classic version" https://www.skype.com/en/download-skype/skype-for-computer/

When I clean installed windows 1703 it comes with the new version of windows 10 skype already installed.

Hmmm maybe its because i havent updated to Windows 10 Creators Update, because when i type Skype in the windows Search Bar it just takes me to the Skype webpage where i download Skype full with aids

skype sds.png

7 minutes ago, Enderman said:

Check windows store.

That's not windows 10 skype.

This is the windows 10 skype:

Image result for windows 10 skype

No ads, dark theme, cleaner UI, etc.

I prefer the desktop version with classic interface

and it's has no ads either.

4 minutes ago, LuisCorner said:

Hmmm maybe its because i havent updated to Windows 10 Creators Update, because when i type Skype in the windows Search Bar it just takes me to the Skype webpage where i download Skype full with aids

Just remove the ads like in the first link I posted...

All you need to do is just blacklist https://apps.skype.com/ in your windows internet options...

https://community.skype.com/t5/Windows-desktop-client/Tutorial-How-to-disable-Skype-advertisements/td-p/3316902

Also, if you want the new skype version with windows 1703 I would recommend clean installing windows instead of upgrading.

You might be able to get it from the windows app store, not sure if you need 1703 though: https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/store/p/skype/9wzdncrfj364#system-requirements

Spoiler