GTA V + youtube videos

So I used to be able to run GTA V at max-ish settings and watch youtube videos at the same time. A year or so later, I started playing the game again, running at lower settings for better performance, and I am unable to watch youtube videos on a 2nd monitor anymore as they either freeze or slow down and stutter. Nothing in my system has changed since a year ago other than a better cpu cooler. (intel stock to Corsair H55)

This would be really useful as I would love to be playing right now while watching the WAN show :P

Specs:

Intel i5-4670k OC to 3.9GHz

Palit GTX 960 4GB OC to 1126MHz on GPU and 3801 on VRAM

16GB corsair vengeance RAM

Corsair CX600M PSU (600W)

Gigabyte B85-HD3 motherboard

SanDisk 240GB Boot SSD (GTA is installed on here, as well as chrome)

WD 2TB HDD

Windows 10 enterprise 64bit fully up to date. (I've tried windows 10 game mode, hasn't helped)

I ilke trains.

1 minute ago, MCManiac52 said:

your cpu is the reason 

8 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

your cpu is the reason 

???

Did u read the post?

I play GTA V 1440p max at 90fps with several things open including youtube and the forums.

I reccomend doing windows updates and updating your GPU drivers

Edit: I have a 4690k at 4.4GHZ with a 1070.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN RESPONDING

Please Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It. Take Time & Explain

New TOS RUINED the meme that used to be below :( 

1 minute ago, Jrock said:

???

Did u read the post?

I play GTA V 1440p max at 90fps with several things open including youtube and the forums.

Should all be up to date but i'll double check and update with results

I ilke trains.

Just now, MCManiac52 said:

Should all be up to date but i'll double check and update with results

Also make sure your temps are ok.

Check CPU and GPU usage while playing and let us know whats maxing out.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN RESPONDING

Please Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It. Take Time & Explain

New TOS RUINED the meme that used to be below :( 

30 minutes ago, MCManiac52 said:

So I used to be able to run GTA V at max-ish settings and watch youtube videos at the same time. A year or so later, I started playing the game again, running at lower settings for better performance, and I am unable to watch youtube videos on a 2nd monitor anymore as they either freeze or slow down and stutter. Nothing in my system has changed since a year ago other than a better cpu cooler. (intel stock to Corsair H55)

This would be really useful as I would love to be playing right now while watching the WAN show :P

Specs:

Palit GTX 960 4GB OC to 1126MHz on GPU and 3801 on VRAM

16GB corsair vengeance RAM

Corsair CX600M PSU (600W)

Gigabyte B85-HD3 motherboard

SanDisk 240GB Boot SSD (GTA is installed on here, as well as chrome)

WD 2TB HDD

Windows 10 enterprise 64bit fully up to date. (I've tried windows 10 game mode, hasn't helped)

You need more ram, my GTA V stuttered with only 8gb of system ram since I use virus protection. I can only imagine how much ram is being used up by trying to use youtube and playGTA V at the same time, you are probably page filing. You would be in luck if you bought a single stick of 8gb, but it seems you bought two 4gb and I believe most b75 motherboards only have two dimm slots... You could replace one 4gb for a 8gb stick for 12gb of ram, or just get two 8gb sticks for 16gb of system ram...

trust me, my game would stutter after only playing GTA V for 10 minutes, and it would just begin to stutter. I believe some of the new updates caused memory leak issues for GTA V too

2 minutes ago, JJVGaming said:

You need more ram, my GTA V stuttered with only 8gb of system ram since I use virus protection. I can only imagine how much ram is being used up by trying to use youtube and playGTA V at the same time, you are probably page filing. You would be in luck if you bought a single stick of 8gb, but it seems you bought two 4gb and I believe most b75 motherboards only have two dimm slots... You could replace one 4gb for a 8gb stick for 12gb of ram, or just get two 8gb sticks for 16gb of system ram...

trust me, my game would stutter after only playing GTA V for 10 minutes, and it would just begin to stutter

Try again :P i have 16GB of ram, 4x4GB sticks

I ilke trains.

21 minutes ago, Jrock said:

Had both a driver update and a windows update, woops xD testing game now.

I ilke trains.

1 minute ago, MCManiac52 said:

Try again :P i have 16GB of ram, 4x4GB sticks

it seems i have failed :(:( 

Maybe see CPU usage? My game only stutters when I try to watch youtube and play GTA V at the same time and I have an i5 as well.

29 minutes ago, Jrock said:

???

Did u read the post?

Edit: I have a 4690k at 4.4GHZ with a 1070.

i am assuming, drivers have changed, chrome has gotten more updates and OP is not doing the exactly the same thing. multitasking while playing a CPU heavy game is not exactly ideal, a gtx 960+ a 4960k is not vary high-end. 

OP use HW monitor, see if everything is working properly. 

OP try this: chrome is known for taking a lot of resources, maybe use firefox instead?

27 minutes ago, Jrock said:

4 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

i am assuming, drivers have changed, chrome has gotten more updates and OP is not doing the exactly the same thing. multitasking while playing a CPU heavy game, a gtx 960+ a 4960k is not exactly high-end. 

OP use HW monitor, see if everything is working properly. 

Jumped in game while playing this weeks wan show on youtube. Reset min/max on HW monitor as soon as game launched. Same results as before, game ran fine, video started stuttering and freezing/buffering. 

gtahelp.png

I ilke trains.

4 minutes ago, MCManiac52 said:

Jumped in game while playing this weeks wan show on youtube. Reset min/max on HW monitor as soon as game launched. Same results as before, game ran fine, video started stuttering and freezing/buffering. 

just as i thought, get a better CPU if you want to multitask while playing CPU heavy game, i suggest a 4790k. 

47 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

just as i thought, get a better CPU if you want to multitask while playing CPU heavy game, i suggest a 4790k. 

really? that sucks. I hate being poor xD

I ilke trains.

maybe look at the quality settings for youtube... are you streaming at the same quality you used to?

She/Her

Just now, firelighter487 said:

maybe look at the quality settings for youtube... are you streaming at the same quality you used to?

I've always watched at highest - usually 1080p, but i tried lowering it to 720 and 480 and same result. The same problem also occurs when watching floatplane videos, so it's not youtube exclusive :/ 

I ilke trains.

Just now, MCManiac52 said:

I've always watched at highest - usually 1080p, but i tried lowering it to 720 and 480 and same result. The same problem also occurs when watching floatplane videos, so it's not youtube exclusive :/ 

maybe give your browser elevated priority in task manager. that could help...

She/Her

maybe give your browser elevated priority in task manager. that could help...

never actually thought of that... Not a bad idea, i'll give it a go in a bit, thanks :)

I ilke trains.

2 minutes ago, MCManiac52 said:

never actually thought of that... Not a bad idea, i'll give it a go in a bit, thanks :)

let me know if it works!

She/Her

17 minutes ago, firelighter487 said:

let me know if it works!

Okay so I: set all chrome processes to above normal, set gta to normal. Set GTA to only use cores 0,1,2, while all chromes can use 0-3.

Results: nope. Same problem, video still stuttered etc, and game was noticeably stuttery

I ilke trains.

26 minutes ago, MCManiac52 said:

Okay so I: set all chrome processes to above normal, set gta to normal. Set GTA to only use cores 0,1,2, while all chromes can use 0-3.

Results: nope. Same problem, video still stuttered etc, and game was noticeably stuttery

you could try using the edge browser for youtube. it's a slow browser, but well optimized for media... 

She/Her

you could try using the edge browser for youtube. it's a slow browser, but well optimized for media... 

Edge...? *shudder* okay i'll give it a go... please pray for me xD

I ilke trains.

25 minutes ago, MCManiac52 said:

Edge...? *shudder* okay i'll give it a go... please pray for me xD

xD!  did it work?

She/Her

16 minutes ago, firelighter487 said:

xD!  did it work?

Sadly no, still stuttered :( 

I ilke trains.

2 minutes ago, MCManiac52 said:

Sadly no, still stuttered :( 

weird... really weird... becaus your cpu is plenty powerful... maybe have a look a gpu usage, if your gpu maxes out, that would explain it.

She/Her