When you think of Asus?

linustouchtips

When i see Asus, I think of the R7 1800x and the x370 boards that were given to reviewers...

Man, that was a really sad time.

Indus Monk = Indian+ Buddhist

Shitty customer support.

Don't get me wrong. Their products are high quality and not very prone to defects, but if you do get something that's defective, good luck dealing with them.

Took me over three months to just get an RMA on a DOA motherboard. Then when I FINALLY could ship it back to them (which I had to pay for), they took it out of the box, put it in a new one and sent it straight back to me. There was no testing or verification information available from them online or over the phone when I called about it. I received the same DOA motherboard with the same serial number back from them after the RMA process. And during this entire process it was an absolute bear to get ahold of them. I'd have to send at least 3 emails before I'd get a single response. Responses never answered all of my questions or even attempted to solve any problems, and getting ahold of them by phone was an endless abyss of waiting on hold for over an hour.

I will never be buying another Asus product again.

CPU: i7-6700K @ 4.6 GHZ Motherboard: Aorus Z270X-Gaming 7 RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000 GPUs: 2 x GTX 1080 FE SLI Cooling: Custom CPU and GPU loop Storage: 1TB Samsung 850 EVO , 1 TB HDD PSU: Corsair RM850i Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX TG Monitors: 2 x Acer XB271HU 1440p 144Hz Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Mouse: Utechsmart Venus

1 hour ago, linustouchtips said:

So the Rog line had issues were they resolved in timely fashion or were you stuck in limbo

I stuck with the board due to 6 - 8 week RMA - I had moved to water cooling and could do everything I needed in the bios

The monitor was returned to my retailer rather than Asus themselves so was only a few days

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

I think... expensive.

Usually their components are 10% more expensive than MSI, Gigabyte, Zotac, etc.

I'm cheap, so I never end up buying them. I don't think I've ever owned a Asus product, except for a used GTX 980, which was nice. I hear good things about them, but for me the other slightly cheaper brands work out fine.

My first thought today is "Asus, why do you tell us about awesome products coming out when they aren't coming out for 9 months!!!!!!"