Clean Install Windows = Delete All My Drivers?

Nebby

So I was planning on doing a clean install of Windows 10 because a new version of a game is releasing tomorrow (Prepar3D v4) and I want nothing to do with the previous version, so I decided to do a clean install of windows. My question is, when I do the clean install, will I have to go to a bunch of websites and re-install all of my drivers???

2 minutes ago, Nebby said:

So I was planning on doing a clean install of Windows 10 because a new version of a game is releasing tomorrow (Prepar3D v4) and I want nothing to do with the previous version, so I decided to do a clean install of windows. My question is, when I do the clean install, will I have to go to a bunch of websites and re-install all of my drivers???

Most likely only the GPU driver, rest is handled by Windows quite nicely

Just in case it does, you can back them all up with Double Driver: http://download.cnet.com/Double-Driver/3000-2094_4-81936.html

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

12 minutes ago, Nebby said:

When you clean install Windows, anything in C:\ drive/partition will disappears (assuming you hot the Format button, else, it will be all moved to a folder called Windows.OLD). All you programs will need to be re-installed, Windows updates will need to be re-acquired, drivers will need to be re-installed, and your data, assuming they were in somewhere in your C:\ drive, restored from backup.

Most drivers are handled by windows update, the only thing you probably need is Graphics

Hello

In short yes. But Win10 should get most drivers with updates. Something like GPU you still might want to get directly from manufacturer as you might need it to be beta.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv