Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Cheapest Tablet on the Market ($37)

Buy Tablets on Amazon: http://geni.us/eP7k

 

Tablets generally aren't good, but just how bad can they be??  We found one for $37, and it's about as bad as they get...

 

 

Sign up for Floatplane. Do it. It's fantastic.

Link to post
Share on other sites

1,173 Views already, I was here in 2 seconds, did you put it on twitter first?

Link to post
Share on other sites

wow.. that's worse than the inside of my ChiNaPad :P

EDIT: it has 8GB internal storage.. thats at least 8 times better than my tablet xD

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Daniel644 said:

1,173 Views already, I was here in 2 seconds, did you put it on twitter first?

Yeah we ended up prepping it before the weekend and accidentally added to playlist at that time, meaning that it got tweeted out.

Sign up for Floatplane. Do it. It's fantastic.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, nicklmg said:

Yeah we ended up prepping it before the weekend and accidentally added to playlist at that time, meaning that it got tweeted out.

you forgot to mention the viewing angles, please tell me they were at least equally shit as every other cheap tablet out there :P (if not.. i could kinda use a new $37 alarm clock :D)

Link to post
Share on other sites

that thing makes my more then 4 and a half year old (bought November 2012) DUAL CORE Galaxy Tab 2 look fast.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It looked like it was running Windows Phone OS.

:)

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Could be good as an ebook reader (kindle like)

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

One thing to note is that the desktop version of reddit actually loads faster and actually requires less data than the mobile version of the website, while offering more functionality.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, mariushm said:

Could be good as an ebook reader (kindle like)

 

there's better options for that.

 

not to mention ereaders usually have batteries that last months, and have MUCH better displays readability-wise.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Razor512 said:

One thing to note is that the desktop version of reddit actually loads faster and actually requires less data than the mobile version of the website, while offering more functionality.

this. i dont know what's up with mobile reddit, but its terrible.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I love my tab pro 8.4 what do you mean tabets generally aren't good? How do we report a LMG staff? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, manikyath said:

there's better options for that.

 

not to mention ereaders usually have batteries that last months, and have MUCH better displays readability-wise.

but are they 37$?

 

(offtopic : and who cares about months of battery when you read for hours while stationary usually near a wall socket so easy to charge with plain usb charger)

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Daniel644 said:

1,173 Views already, I was here in 2 seconds, did you put it on twitter first?

It was unlisted at first, They had a playlist with the video inside which was public but the video was unlisted.

AMD FX-8350|8GB DDR3|GTX750TI|2TB HDD|CX-430 PSU|

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Some youtubers do that, where they leave it unlisted or private until the youtube servers decide that it might be a good idea to actually process the video. It also prevents the flood of complaints of the video being only 240p.

 

Speaking of when people do that, someone should do a video review comparing the picture quality of the RED epic weapon 8K and the arri Alexa 65, and upload the video in 240p.

Link to post
Share on other sites

there is one word of caution for those cheap tablets thou

 

the battery inside the tablets do easily get bloated

 

and i open one tablet which started bulging out only to find the battery has bloated three times it size

 

it a ticking time bomb

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Razor512 said:

Some youtubers do that, where they leave it unlisted or private until the youtube servers decide that it might be a good idea to actually process the video. It also prevents the flood of complaints of the video being only 240p.

 

Speaking of when people do that, someone should do a video review comparing the picture quality of the RED epic weapon 8K and the arri Alexa 65, and upload the video in 240p.

LTT pretty much ALWAYS leaves a video unlisted for some amount of time, they typically do that so they can post it to THESE THREADS, this is what is referred to as the #ForumSquad  or #UnlistedSquad in the youtube comments, of which I am usually one of the first, but this video was MISTAKENLY added to a playlist and as such got "leaked" on Twitter as answered earlier in this comments section by Nick which is why there was so many views, please don't try to explain Youtube unlisted videos like i'm a Newb, I am the furthest thing from it, I probably have hands down the most First comments on LTT videos of any person in the world. there was also one time when they uploaded the wrong video one day and then uploaded the right video and so we forum users got 2 videos that day and the first video just stayed unlisted for a day.

 

Also Youtube videos typically start at 360p till the other resolutions are processed (at least this has been my experience, with all the WAN shows I have been the first one to as we had to wait for the video to process just enough to get the 360p version to start playing).

Link to post
Share on other sites

I picked up an Amazon Fire tablet last year from Fry's for $50. Not used - brand new! Been happy with it ever since, and was able to get it working with the play store as well.

 

Seriously, $13 is nothing to pony up the extra for something that isn't total and utter crap. If you're that short on cash then you've got bigger issues IMO.

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Luscious said:

I picked up an Amazon Fire tablet last year from Fry's for $50. Not used - brand new! Been happy with it ever since, and was able to get it working with the play store as well.

 

Seriously, $13 is nothing to pony up the extra for something that isn't total and utter crap. If you're that short on cash then you've got bigger issues IMO.

It's subsidized tablet, because you have to create an Amazon account and they hope you'll buy books and movies and music from their services and use Prime with it and it has Alexa and so on... it's like buying a provider locked phone.

 

You didn't do anything special, you can buy Amazon Fire at any time from Amazon itself for $50 : http://amzn.to/2recBor or http://amzn.to/2rw9xoO (previous gen)

 

I agree with you that at 50$ it's a good deal, would be worth the extra 13$ just to have the better quality ips screen and safer battery.. but if you only care to have something to throw around or to read a book for about an hour before you go to sleep, that 37$ wuld be good enough and wouldn't be bundled with various amazon only products.

 

Cheapest Kindle is $80 ..i think one or two years ago  I bought the standard version (whatever it was back then) so i'm not against good products..

 

I was just pointing a potential good use for them (since with 512 megs of memory and poor view angles of the lcd and lousy speakers not much else you could do with it)

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, mariushm said:

but are they 37$?

 

(offtopic : and who cares about months of battery when you read for hours while stationary usually near a wall socket so easy to charge with plain usb charger)

 

they're available in all kinds of fancy prices.

 

and months of battery life is flipping great, my mom loves having a phone that only needs to charge once a week, instead of walking from charger to charger like some fruity smartphone brands made us used to.

 

as for specificly who cares: people who go on a holiday, for example ;)

Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess theirs some use for it to use the web browser. Fine for 5 year olds or 90 year olds not into tech I guess.

 

Also, I can't take this video serious, but I also can't get take the product seriously either, so I this style of editing works great!

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Daniel644 said:

... please don't try to explain Youtube unlisted videos like i'm a Newb, I am the furthest thing from it, I probably have hands down the most First comments on LTT videos of any person in the world. there was also one time when they uploaded the wrong video one day and then uploaded the right video and so we forum users got 2 videos that day and the first video just stayed unlisted for a day.

Cool story bro. Seriously, do people actually care about being first on something?

 

On Topic; For $37 it's not terrible for a throw-away tablet (for the kids on holiday), though as others have said these days you can get a Fire Tablet for £50. So I do wonder where the market for this is outside of Asia.

 

The magnetic speaker did make me chuckle. Handy "feature" if you forgot your earphones. :P

Link to post
Share on other sites

Reminds me of an "Unbox Therapy" video.

 

Since I am to lazy to put something interesting here, I will put everything, but slightly abbreviated. Here is everything:

 

42

 

also, some questions to make you wonder about life:

 

What is I and who is me? Who is you? Which armrest in the movie theatre is yours?

 

also,

 

Welcome to the internet, I will be your guide. Or something.

 

 

My build:

CPU: Intel Core i5-7400 3.0GHz Quad-Core Processor,

 Motherboard: ASRock B250M Pro4 Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard, 

Memory: Corsair 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory,

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive, 

Video Card: MSI Radeon RX 480 4GB ARMOR OC Video Card, 

Case: Corsair 100R ATX Mid Tower Case , 

Power Supply: Corsair CXM 450W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply, 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home Full, 

Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link TL-WN725N USB 2.0 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi Adapter, Case Fan: Corsair Air Series White 2 pack 52.2 CFM  120mm Fan

 

ou do not ask why, you ask why not -me

 

Remeber kinds, the only differ between screwing around and scince is writing it down. -Adam Savage.

 

Only two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not even sure of the former. - Albert Einstein.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, NuttyComic said:

Cool story bro. Seriously, do people actually care about being first on something?

 

On Topic; For $37 it's not terrible for a throw-away tablet (for the kids on holiday), though as others have said these days you can get a Fire Tablet for £50. So I do wonder where the market for this is outside of Asia.

 

The magnetic speaker did make me chuckle. Handy "feature" if you forgot your earphones. :P

I'm sorry, did quoting someone else make you think I was talking to you too? Because I wasn't, I was explaining to the guy why he doesn't need to try to explain how Youtube works to me.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×