Dremel suggestins

LukaH

Pretty straight forward. Looking for a dremel that will be used to mod cases. Not looking for anything over the top, just something that is quality made and not break after a couple of uses. The most i would like to spend is about 80€.

was comparing these two 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Dremel-3000-15-Multitool-130-Accessories/dp/B0078LENZC/ref=sr_1_1?s=diy&ie=UTF8&qid=1495727438&sr=1-1&keywords=dremel+3000

and

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Dremel-3000-1-Interchangeable-Accessories-Attachments/dp/B0161BHMBQ/ref=sr_1_2?s=diy&ie=UTF8&qid=1495727438&sr=1-2&keywords=dremel%2B3000&th=1

honestly would prefer the cheaper option but if the added accessories weigh out the price i would go for the more pricey option. I will be mostly used for cutting and grinding.

GPU drivers giving you a hard time? Try this! (DDU)

I would get the cheaper one and spend the extra 20 pounds on cutting wheels

Quote or tag if you want me to answer! PM me if you are in a real hurry!

Why do Java developers wear glasses? Because they can't C#!

My Machines:

The Gaming Rig:

Spoiler

-Processor: i5 6600k @4.6GHz

-Graphics: GTX1060 6GB G1 Gaming

-RAM: 2x8GB HyperX DDR4 2133MHz

-Motherboard: Asus Z170-A

-Cooler: Corsair H100i

-PSU: EVGA 650W 80+bronze

-AOC 1080p ultrawide

My good old laptop:

Spoiler

Lenovo T430

-Processor: i7 3520M

-4GB DDR3 1600MHz

-Graphics: intel iGPU :(

-Not even 1080p

I wouldn't get any of those unless you can get metal cut off wheels like this because the cut wheels are rubbish and grind down in like 4-7 seconds

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

Dremel tools are also readily available on second hand websites like Craigslist.

3 hours ago, Leonard said:

I wouldn't get any of those unless you can get metal cut off wheels like this because the cut wheels are rubbish and grind down in like 4-7 seconds

surely this is an exaggeration? but i'm sure they are not proprietary cutting discs at least i hope.... 

thanks for the replies! nobody said it was a bad tool so i think i am going to go ahead and buy the cheaper one. 

2 hours ago, LukaH said:

surely this is an exaggeration? but i'm sure they are not proprietary cutting discs at least i hope.... 

thanks for the replies! nobody said it was a bad tool so i think i am going to go ahead and buy the cheaper one. 

You obviously have not used one, i had the very first dremel tool that was sold on the market, yes the one that needed maintenance every 6 months of constant use or you could have forced it to spin by squeezing the torque screws on the side, yes that one and i thought i got a shit one so i stupidly bought another, the more advanced one with the precision hole cutter plastic thing, that one worked better but the cut off wheels were the same and i got no more use than the old ones. While the tool itself is great and comes in handy for small and big jobs, the frigging cut off tools are rubbish and they really do grind down that fast, 

A wood worker whom had one told me his brother got him the metal cut off tools in some online shop and then sent it to him in the Caribbean, he does decorative wood work so he uses it alot.

You'll see, ever seen Linus and they have just drums of the cut off wheels all over it is because it grinds down very fast, i am talking about the normal ones that are make out of some kind of hard brittle shit.

Look into the metal wheels you will not be sorry.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

8 hours ago, Leonard said:

You obviously have not used one, i had the very first dremel tool that was sold on the market, yes the one that needed maintenance every 6 months of constant use or you could have forced it to spin by squeezing the torque screws on the side, yes that one and i thought i got a shit one so i stupidly bought another, the more advanced one with the precision hole cutter plastic thing, that one worked better but the cut off wheels were the same and i got no more use than the old ones. While the tool itself is great and comes in handy for small and big jobs, the frigging cut off tools are rubbish and they really do grind down that fast, 

A wood worker whom had one told me his brother got him the metal cut off tools in some online shop and then sent it to him in the Caribbean, he does decorative wood work so he uses it alot.

You'll see, ever seen Linus and they have just drums of the cut off wheels all over it is because it grinds down very fast, i am talking about the normal ones that are make out of some kind of hard brittle shit.

Look into the metal wheels you will not be sorry.

"Obviously" I'm asking for suggestions :D

will take a stroll through the local hardware store and see if they replacements. I am after a good tool so if i can get cutting discs locally I'll go through with the purchase.

tnx again 

I would suggest paying more and go for the Dremel 4000 or newer, they are great tools and you will be surprised how handy they are.

As for cuttings discs we use these ones - >> LINK << - pack of 30 discs for £2.29, they do wear down quicker than the expensive ones but putting some sewing machine oil on the disc and cutting area will help them last longer.

We mainly use our Dremel for cutting cases and most recently cutting our laser cutter case which is 1mm steel which is when we found using machine oil on the cut makes it easier and the discs last longer.

Official Profile for Addon Customs LTD and Custom Acrylics
Addon Customs -
Custom LED Lighting | Single colour and RGB available, hand sleeved | Now making Phanteks Case compatible LED KITS
Custom Acrylics - Custom computer parts | GPU backplates, Fan Grills, NZXT H440 Fascias and PSU covers | 3D printing and Laser Cutting Service available.

2 hours ago, AddonCustoms said:

I would suggest paying more and go for the Dremel 4000 or newer, they are great tools and you will be surprised how handy they are.

As for cuttings discs we use these ones - >> LINK << - pack of 30 discs for £2.29, they do wear down quicker than the expensive ones but putting some sewing machine oil on the disc and cutting area will help them last longer.

We mainly use our Dremel for cutting cases and most recently cutting our laser cutter case which is 1mm steel which is when we found using machine oil on the cut makes it easier and the discs last longer.

thank you for the input. sadly i have already ordered the 3000 model the 4000 is almost double. while i could spend the money I just don't see me using it all that much so the extra money isn't justified (yet). however should the 3000 model break sooner than expected ill step up a tier. :D