Buying new headphones Dt770?

Go to solution Solved by Mirdon,

I was also choosing between the dt770 and 598cs but ultimately ended up with the 598cs. My first choice was the dt770 as it looked incredibly comfortable and tried my best to tell myself that it was better for MY NEEDS (I capitalized it as you might misinterpret me as saying that the 598cs is better than the 770). But after going to multiple audio forums, watching tons of reviews and a bit of researching on my own (as I have no clue about headphones when I decided to purchase one), I finally accepted that the 598cs would serve me better as it seemed that based on my likes and use, neutral headphones would be the way to go. The good part about choosing between them is that they have notable differences, so it makes my decision much easier.

DT 770 (80 ohms)

Bassy

10/10 comfortability

Un-detachable cable

Lighter (270g)

Impendance (80 ohms) - This is where it gets iffy, I've seen people claiming that it's fine un-amped and people contradicting it with varying intensity. I can't really give my take on this as I haven't tried them.

Sennheiser 598cs

Neutral

9/10 comfortability

Detachable cable

Heavier (334g)

Impendance (23 ohms)

Unfortunately, I can't give an impression of the 598cs as I've yet to receive mine (3 more weeks before it gets delivered).

Hello,

I am looking to buy some new headphones to replace my old m30x and Hyper X Cloud 2.

Someone recommended me the Beyerdynamic DT 770 (pro?) and them seem very nice. I am not sure which Ohm count to buy. I believe 80 should be the best sound quality to usability (can be powered relatively well off a computer and phone - but you may have to turn it up) compromise from my research (however I have no clue what I'm doing). I'm not sure if I should get the PRO or normal model. The prices for the 990 and 880 are also the same where I am at. I prefer closed back as it's more private.

Are there any suggestions for either the DT 770 or a different pair in that price range? I'm OK with used.

Thanks in advance!

how much are the audio technica ad700x where you live? i recommend them, they weigh nothing, theyre open back and they sound amazing.

2 minutes ago, MrJarhead said:

how much are the audio technica ad700x where you live? i recommend them, they weigh nothing, theyre open back and they sound amazing.

Can get it for like 220 new prob. 150 used?
But they are open back, so everybody can hear what I'm listening to o.O

Just now, Valhalla said:

Can get it for like 220 new prob. 150 used?
But they are open back, so everybody can hear what I'm listening to o.O

openback headphones generally produce better audio, they have a bigger soundstage.

they also keep your ears cooler.

1 minute ago, MrJarhead said:

openback headphones generally produce better audio, they have a bigger soundstage.

they also keep your ears cooler.

Fair enough, I just prefer closed back as it's more private. But I can consider it.

Thanks for your reply.

Do you know any closed back ones? Is the DT 770 good?

1 minute ago, Valhalla said:

Fair enough, I just prefer closed back as it's more private. But I can consider it.

Thanks for your reply.

Do you know any closed back ones? Is the DT 770 good?

ive heard the dt series are pretty good, i mean its always best to get a few opinions on headphones, im sure someone on here will have them.

i know they did a closed back version of the sennheiser 598s, you might wanna check them out too.

theyre called the sennheiser 598cs and theyre on sale in the uk on amazon, they might be on sale on amazon where youre from too, for a good price too.

3 minutes ago, MrJarhead said:

ive heard the dt series are pretty good, i mean its always best to get a few opinions on headphones, im sure someone on here will have them.

i know they did a closed back version of the sennheiser 598s, you might wanna check them out too.

theyre called the sennheiser 598cs and theyre on sale in the uk on amazon, they might be on sale on amazon where youre from too, for a good price too.

Okay I'll have a look.

You figure the sennheiser ones are better then the DT?

Also if I went for the DT, which Ohm should I get?

2 minutes ago, Aytex said:

Are you a bass head? Then Beyer 770s should be fine for you

I listen to all kinds of music. Someone just recommended them to me. I'm not sure which resistance to get. I currently don't have an amp, and want to use them on my PC, and phone (s7 edge) and maybe iPad. 

Any advice?
Thanks!

Just now, Valhalla said:

I listen to all kinds of music. Someone just recommended them to me. I'm not sure which resistance to get. I currently don't have an amp, and want to use them on my PC, and phone (s7 edge) and maybe iPad. 

Any advice?
Thanks!

80ohms

I was also choosing between the dt770 and 598cs but ultimately ended up with the 598cs. My first choice was the dt770 as it looked incredibly comfortable and tried my best to tell myself that it was better for MY NEEDS (I capitalized it as you might misinterpret me as saying that the 598cs is better than the 770). But after going to multiple audio forums, watching tons of reviews and a bit of researching on my own (as I have no clue about headphones when I decided to purchase one), I finally accepted that the 598cs would serve me better as it seemed that based on my likes and use, neutral headphones would be the way to go. The good part about choosing between them is that they have notable differences, so it makes my decision much easier.

DT 770 (80 ohms)

Bassy

10/10 comfortability

Un-detachable cable

Lighter (270g)

Impendance (80 ohms) - This is where it gets iffy, I've seen people claiming that it's fine un-amped and people contradicting it with varying intensity. I can't really give my take on this as I haven't tried them.

Sennheiser 598cs

Neutral

9/10 comfortability

Detachable cable

Heavier (334g)

Impendance (23 ohms)

Unfortunately, I can't give an impression of the 598cs as I've yet to receive mine (3 more weeks before it gets delivered).

1 minute ago, Mirdon said:

DT 770 (80 ohms)

Bassy

10/10 comfortability

Un-detachable cable

Lighter (270g)

Sennheiser 598cs

Neutral

9/10 comfortability

Detachable cable

Heavier (334g)

Impendance (23 ohms)

Thank you so much for that.

I'll be sure to use that while making my decision