4k 60hz not working on palit 1050ti

Hi guys... kinda looking for a little help.

i have a devant 40uhv200 tv. it's 4k capable at 60hz. thing is, it's only stable at 4k 30hz. i have it plugged into a palit gtx 1050ti.

i can turn it up to 60hz & it does go there but it turns the windows black, freezes videos, the whole screen goes black too (like it's trying to adjust or something). pretty sure that i'm using hdmi 2.0 cable as well. i also get the an error that says something like the display driver stopped and has recovered. i'm using the 382.05 driver from nvidia. i already tried what's mostly suggested doing over at nvidia's forums, like the DDU from guru3d. reinstalling the drivers & downloading it directly from nvidia's site instead of through geforce experience. it also does the same thing when i use the driver from the cd that came wth the 1050ti. i'm using windows 7 on this btw.

i'm pretty much really stuck at this point. haha help me please... thanks... T_T

if it has a displayport input i'd try if that works better

i7 4790K | 4.5ghz @1.19v / 1080 ti strix oc  / Asus Z97 Pro Gamer  / 970 Evo 500GB | 850 Evo 500GB / Corsair 780t white|window  

PG279Q | VG248QE/ Corsair ax860i   /   Corsair H110i GTX   /  Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB 2400mhz /

I think you would have better luck using Display Port if possible. TV are notorious for having BS specs like 120Hz while having out of spec HDMI ports. the black screen when you push it to 60Hz is a display overclocking deal, the data is pushed too fast through and is corrupted so nothing displays until the 15second confirmation timer is over.

Primary System

• CPU
    Ryzen R6 5700X
  • Motherboard
    MSI B350M mortar arctic
  • RAM
    32GB Corsair RGB 3600MT/s CAS18
  • GPU
    Zotac RTX 3070 OC
  • Case
    kind of a mess
  • Storage
    WD black NVMe SSD 500GB & 1TB samsung Sata ssd & x 1TB WD blue & x 3TB Seagate
  • PSU
    corsair RM750X white
  • Display(s)
    1440p 21:9 100Hz

that makes a lot of sense. then perhaps i can try my luck with an hdmi 2.0 to displayport. this tv doesn't have displayports. just 4 hdmi inputs. two 1.4 ones & two 2.0 ports. quite a waste... marketing tricks of tvs haha...

now that you mentioned it, i did try playing a 4k 60hz sample video directly into the tv & it did play like it was corrupted or something.

i mean, i can run 60hz fine it's even visibly different with just the mouse. but anything else yeah those black windows things. videos stop working too. only chrome stays the same. sometimes the video play fine. yeah could be the overclocking thing with this tv.

this is what i get when i try to run it at 60hz... i know it can work as it's even noticeable with the cursor movement. wish i could work this out, i'm not really sure anymore if it's the display or i just have to get the settings right.

18641370_1508715175827407_2102310697_o.png

I'm suprised the 1050Ti didn't explode when you pluggen in a 4K monitor. Jesus christ, you are brave. If you want 4K 60Hz, get anything above 1070. Also, try displayport. It supports 4K@60 whereas HDMI on that card only drives 4k@30Hz.

7 hours ago, thewipyk said:

I'm suprised the 1050Ti didn't explode when you pluggen in a 4K monitor. Jesus christ, you are brave. If you want 4K 60Hz, get anything above 1070. 

Why? 1050ti is fine for 4k 60Hz video.

Also, try displayport. It supports 4K@60 whereas HDMI on that card only drives 4k@30Hz.

That card has HDMI 2.0 which supports 3840x2160@60Hz

@OP:

The HDMI should be working fine, however it obviously isn't. I would try a Displayport input if that possible, otherwise you might want to try an active DP to HDMI adapter that supports 60Hz.

Current LTT F@H Rank: 69    Score: 3,457,572,143    Stats

Yes, I have 9 monitors.

My main PC:

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X w/PBO on

Cooler: Noctua NH-D15

Mobo: Asus X470-F Gaming

RAM: 64GB G-Skill Ripjaws V @ 3200MHz

GPU: RTX 4090 Founders Edition, Radeon Pro WX 5100

PSU: Corsair RM1000e

SSDs: Samsung 970 evo plus 1TB NVME, 2x Samsung 870 evo 2TB, Samsung 860 evo 1TB, Samsung 970 evo 500GB NVME

Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Black w/ Tempered Glass Side Panel Upgrade

Monitors: 9 Monitors: Alienware AW3423DWF 3440x1440@165Hz, Acer H236HLbid 1080p@77Hz, HP D7z72AA 1080p@60Hz, Dell Inspiron 24 3459 1080p@60Hz(used only as display), Dell U2724D 1440p@120Hz, ASUS VP228 1080p@60Hz, 2x HP ZR2440W 1200p@60Hz

unRAID server (Plex, Backups, NAS, Duplicati, game servers):

CPU: Ryzen R7 2700x @ Stock

Cooler: Noctua NH-U9S

Mobo: Asus Prime X470-Pro

RAM: 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V + 16GB Hyperx Fury Black @ stock

PSU: EVGA G3 850W

SSD: Samsung 980 Pro 1TB NVME, Samsung 970 evo plus 1TB NVME

HDDs: 4x HGST Dekstar NAS 4TB @ 7200RPM (3 data, 1 parity) + (3x Seagate Ironwolf NAS 8TB + 2x Toshiba N300 NAS 8TB in ZFS)

Case: Fractal Define 7 XL

Other: Added 3x Noctua NF-F12 intake, 2x Noctua NF-A8 exhaust, Inatek 5 port USB 3.0 expansion card with usb 3.0 front panel header

I'm suprised the 1050Ti didn't explode when you pluggen in a 4K monitor. Jesus christ, you are brave. If you want 4K 60Hz, get anything above 1070. Also, try displayport. It supports 4K@60 whereas HDMI on that card only drives 4k@30Hz.

Why? Its not like hes gaming on it.

this is about the only one i can find in my country...

actual site - http://plugable.com/products/mdp-hdmi/

seller in my country - http://www.lazada.com.ph/plugable-active-mini-displayport-to-hdmi-20-adapter-supportsdisplays-up-to-4k-uhd-3840x216060hz-9915621.html

yeah... the markup is crazy... but that's the norm here in our country. it's roughly $100 here lol. the price is a little too steep for me for something i'm not 100% sure will work. maybe i'll look for an active dp to hdmi adapter that i can test first. if not maybe i'll test another hdmi 2 cable.

though yeah, i plan on using this for 4k content. i don't really plan on gaming on this pc. it's gonna be more of an htpc. if games were to be played here 1080 is fine really. it's not really intended for gaming that's why i chose this card for it. if it helps, the card i'm using is a palit stormx 1050ti 4gb.

On 5/21/2017 at 3:40 AM, SquintyG33Rs said:

I think you would have better luck using Display Port if possible. TV are notorious for having BS specs like 120Hz while having out of spec HDMI ports. the black screen when you push it to 60Hz is a display overclocking deal, the data is pushed too fast through and is corrupted so nothing displays until the 15second confirmation timer is over.

Yeah, I think this guy is right.

Don't know much about your particular problem, but I have heard many times that HDMI is kind of a minefield when it comes to 4K and 60HZ. So many different standards, so many different cables, etc. etc.

Displayport is a bit more foolproof, but even then there is a lot of different standards, only Displayport 1.2 and up support 4K 60Hz.

This is what prevented me from buying a 4K monitor, because my wifes laptop had Displayport 1.1 or 1.0, and it would only be able to do 4K at 30Hz... So I went for a 1440P monitor instead.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DisplayPort#1.0_to_1.1

Good luck!

Try double checking your TV can do 4k at 60, and then double check your cable is 4k 60 compatible.  Make sure you're plugging your hdmi cable into the 2.0 port on your tv, because sometimes, tv makers will only make one port 2.0, than the rest 1.4 or 1.2.

Can you send us your tv model number?

seems like it really is the port on the tv. i looked around online & for the most part as long as the cable is hdmi 2.0 there shouldn't be any problems.

the tv i'm using is a devant 40uhv200. pretty sure i got the right hdmi 2.0 port right. it has 4 hdmi ports: 2 on the side, labeled hdmi mhl & hdmi arc. then two at the back labeled hdmi 2.0

what i'm unsure of now is if this tv can support 4k 60hz in a stable way. maybe the port itself is fine as the screen does show up & can run 4k 60hz. as i mentioned it is visible even with just the mouse movement. but if it displays windows stuff like that maybe it has something to do with the driver?

right now i'm pretty much confused if it's something to do with the 1050ti or with the tv itself. i don't really have another 4k tv to test this with... T_T