DT770 80 Ohm - Not loud enough

AdamSuh

Hello everyone.

I would like to ask for your advice on what should I do to get my DT770 80Ohm headphones louder. I've noticed that music/youtube, on my laptop/phone/desktop PC is loud enough for me but when I turn on some game (tried Overwatch, PUBG, Dota 2, CSGO so far), I don't get enough volume to hear everything as I would like to or as I was used to with my older headphones/speakers. Now the sound quality is on another level than I ever heard.

So naturally I've found out that an AMP/DAC could help me out. From what I've gathered, it seems that Schiit modi 2 would be a safe option. What I would like to hear from you guys, is a suggestion for maybe something cheaper that would be good enough to power up these DT770s, I've read that they aren't that hard on power, so possibly Schiit might be an overkill? Anyway, I hope to get a suggestion for an AMP/DAC you have an experience with and which doesn't have any kind of hiss to it or other problems.

Oh and budget... I don't really want to go over 100 EUR, but if it will be necessary to have the headphones loud enough for me... I will go for it.

Thanks for your replies!

the modi is a dac. You want an amp. Get the schiit fulla 2, an amp dac combo

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

have you checked your game audio settings? Both in-game and windows. If it it at full audio, then just get a schiit fulla 2

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

Yes, unfortunately. I have checked every volume option and set it to the highest.

Oh man, Fulla 2 seems to be out of stock on Schiit Europe website and there is only 1 shop I can get it at and it costs 160€.

Any other suggestions I could check? Any experience how long it takes for Schiit to restock?

Thank you!

10 hours ago, AdamSuh said:

Yes, unfortunately. I have checked every volume option and set it to the highest.

Oh man, Fulla 2 seems to be out of stock on Schiit Europe website and there is only 1 shop I can get it at and it costs 160€.

Any other suggestions I could check? Any experience how long it takes for Schiit to restock?

Thank you!

Can you get a Fiio E10k or a Micca Origen?

AD2000x Review  Fitear To Go! 334 Review

Speakers - KEF LSX

Headphones - Sennheiser HD650, Kumitate Labs KL-Lakh

@Pomfinator

Only Fiio E10k. Micca origen is nowhere to be found.

I've read up on Fiio E10k that it might be good enough although the previous version had it's problems. I am mainly worried about hissing, I wouldn't be able to handle that. In terms of power, it should be enough to power 80ohms, right?

Thanks for your reply!