New Monitor

So, here's the deal:

I have a Asus Strix GTX 1060 6GB OC and I want a new monitor because I have an old one from 2007.

I wanted to know your opinion about buying the Asus VQ248QE, since its FHD and has a nice 144Hz refresh rate. For my table and room dimensions the 24" display is perfect and I want it FHD because it's the sweetspot for my graphics card. The only doubt I have is: since the monitor has a nice price for me (around 260€) would it be really necessary spending more just to have the G-Sync feature? Can you also tell me what you think in general about this monitor?

Thank you all.

• CPU
    Intel Core i7-6700K Skylake 4.0GHz 8MB - Sk 1151
  • Motherboard
    MSI Z170A GAMING PRO CARBON - SK 1151
  • RAM
    HyperX Fury 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4-2400MHz CL15
  • GPU
    Asus ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1060 6GB OC
  • Case
    DeepCool Tesseract SW
  • Storage
    SSD 2.5" Kingston SSDNow UV400 120GB TLC SATA + HDD 3.5" Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM 64MB SATA III + HDD 3.5" Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM 64MB SATA III
  • PSU
    XFX TS 550W
  • Display(s)
    HannsG HW191D 19" Widescreen LCD TFT
  • Cooling
    Cooler Master Seidon 120V VER.2
  • Keyboard
    Cooler Master Storm Octane Combo
  • Mouse
    Steelseries Rival 100
  • Sound
    Logitech Z333
  • Operating System
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
  • PCPartPicker URL

9 minutes ago, Alexinhooooo said:

So, here's the deal:

I have a Asus Strix GTX 1060 6GB OC and I want a new monitor because I have an old one from 2007.

I wanted to know your opinion about buying the Asus VQ248QE, since its FHD and has a nice 144Hz refresh rate. For my table and room dimensions the 24" display is perfect and I want it FHD because it's the sweetspot for my graphics card. The only doubt I have is: since the monitor has a nice price for me (around 260€) would it be really necessary spending more just to have the G-Sync feature? Can you also tell me what you think in general about this monitor?

Thank you all.

https://www.amazon.com/Acer-XB240H-Abpr-24-Inch-Widescreen/dp/B00QS0AK6U 

that's the monitor I currently have and if you watch it over the memorial day it should go on a sale and fall in your price range. it's amazing to have g-sync however if it doesn't go on sale then g-sync isn't 100% necessary.

It's been an amazing monitor and its one of the best 1080p monitors in my opinion. 

I second what Cookie said, and here's why:

If your system is pegged at 144hz  output to the monitor, you aren't going to experience too much screen tearing, if any, with normal vertical sync enabled. If your output rate drops below 144hz then you may notice some slight stutter. That stutter is what GSync will fix, by capping your refresh rate.

As long as you're hitting 144hz consistently, G-Sync is not worth it. If you regularly fall below that, however, you may consider adding the feature to your purchase.