Am I allowed to speak/ask about ROOT and custom roms on Android?

• Talking about piracy in general, broad details, is acceptable however the posting or discussing pirated/hacked/cracked or otherwise nefariously obtained content is not. This includes Windows content, games, hackintosh, etc. Also discussions regarding ways to avoid or block legitimately installed monitoring/tracking software or the like is also not allowed.

Because ROOT is the task of hacking Android (not Linux ). Is it allowed to speak about ROOT and custom roms on the forum?

1 minute ago, Factory OC said:

-snip-

Should be, as rooting a device isn't really hacking. Android is open source, as far as I can tell, so it's meant to be modified by the users. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

Unlike Apple, Google lets you root your phone, there's even a nice button o n the nexus/pixel phone to unlock it, Don't worry about. 

Hacking Android is not piracy, nor is it cracking a game or software. It's fine to talk about it; I'm sure there are lots of topics on it.

I used to be quite active here.

1 minute ago, Zando Bob said:

Should be, as rooting a device isn't really hacking. Android is open source, as far as I can tell, so it's meant to be modified by the users. 

Just now, Arty said:

Unlike Apple, Google lets you root your phone, there's even a nice button o the nexus phone to unlock it, Don't worry about. 

Just now, Kobathor said:

Hacking Android is not piracy, nor is it cracking a game or software. It's fine to talk about it; I'm sure there are lots of topics on it.

Thank you all then. I wanted to ask for a good custom rom for a S3 mini.

What about in countries where you are allowed to hack Apple?

Or are we just talking about American laws even though this is a Canadian company.

21 minutes ago, yathis said:

What about in countries where you are allowed to hack Apple?

Or are we just talking about American laws even though this is a Canadian company.

I believe they take the most common rule around most countries.  Plus, this forum gets viewed by people around the world.

4 minutes ago, Factory OC said:

Plus, this forum gets viewed by people around the world.

Yeah but they dont even specify the currency they are using. For the longest time I assumed they were using Canadian Dollar since that is where they are from. I have now come to learn they use USD.

Just now, yathis said:

Yeah but they dont even specify the currency they are using. For the longest time I assumed they were using Canadian Dollar since that is where they are from. I have now come to learn they use USD.

Yeah. They really focus on Americans...

I guess they could have specified that.

It is the biggest market in the world, where everyone strives to sell their products. But I am guessing the other half is from other countries, so to pick one currency usd the world knows.

To tell you the truth, I dont think LMG really likes Canada that much as I have never seen anyone at all ever wear a fucking poppy. Business men of multi-million dollar companies wear poppies, all the way down to bums sleeping on the streets of Vancouver. I bet theres a bum right now camping out across the street from LMG World Domination HQ in the field and no doubt he wears a poppy. Its something thats been bugging me, and sure its put on the shit list of things they do/dont do, but hey it is what it is.