Nvidia Double Profits due to Nintendo Switch

linustouchtips
2 minutes ago, mr moose said:

What what?

q/q is down 11%.  switch only went on the market in nvidia's q1 2018.  Which means not only has their profit not doubled in the time the switch has been out but it is not caused by it.

why are we talking quarter to quarter when we're talking year-to-year?

1 minute ago, zMeul said:

why are we talking quarter to quarter when we're talking year-to-year?

Because that is the only period the switch has been on the market.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

4 minutes ago, mr moose said:

Because that is the only period the switch has been on the market.

nowhere in the article Guru3D gives data that support the title, nowhere

and PS: the Switch being on the market only in last quarter means shit since the Switch wasn't just designed

Nintendo paid for the IP well in advance - looking at quarter-to-quarter revenue to find Switch sales is very wrong

if you want to find the money nVidia made from the Switch deal, you'd have to look about 1y back

Edited by zMeul

1 minute ago, zMeul said:

We all know this, that is why we are saying the switch had nothing to do with it.  their revenue dropped 11% in the quarter the switch was on sale. Hence why everyone is saying the title is wrong.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Just now, mr moose said:

We all know this, that is why we are saying the switch had nothing to do with it.  their revenue dropped 11% in the quarter the switch was on sale. Hence why everyone is saying the title is wrong.

see my updated previos post, quarter-to-quarter has shit to do with the Switch sales

7 minutes ago, zMeul said:

and PS: the Switch being on the market only in last quarter means shit since the Switch wasn't just designed

Nintendo paid for the IP well in advance - looking at quarter-to-quarter revenue to find Switch sales is very wrong

if you want to find the money nVidia made from the Switch deal, you'd have to look about 1y back

According to the link you posted earlier, nvidia's IP revenue took a 10% hit that year.  So they didn't double their profits from that.

1 minute ago, mr moose said:

According to the link you posted earlier, nvidia's IP revenue took a 10% hit that year.  So they didn't double their profits from that.

nowhere did I claimed they did

also, their Tegra sales got them ~300mil$ this year

Just now, zMeul said:

nowhere did I claimed they did

Right here:

11 minutes ago, zMeul said:

Just now, mr moose said:

Right here:

what!? NO!

where did I told you nVidia doubled anything from the Nintendo deal?  ... nowhere

hell, I even told you that they only made 300mil$+ from their whole Tegra business, that includes gaming and auto-motive market

so, wtf man o.O

Just now, zMeul said:

what!? NO!

where did I told you nVidia doubled anything from the Nintendo deal?  ... nowhere

hell, I even told you that they only made 300mil$+ from their whole Tegra business, that includes gaming and auto-motive market

so, wtf man o.O

That is what the thread is about, Nintendo being responsible for nvidia's profit.  You claimed nintendo paid for IP that helped send nvidias profit up. Even though their IP revenue dropped y to y.  All I said was that nintendo switch has only been on sale during q1 and their profits dropped for that quarter.

I really don't understand what the issue is.  Unless someone has some qualifying data then what I have said is not false.

Just now, mr moose said:

You claimed nintendo paid for IP that helped send nvidias profit up

nononooo

I did not claimed that at all, you should read my posts from the beginning of the thread

Just now, zMeul said:

nononooo

I did not claimed that at all, you should read my posts from the beginning of the thread

why, you responded to mine.   All I have done is talk to the thread title and why it is wrong.

Just now, mr moose said:

why, you responded to mine.   All I have done is talk to the thread title and why it is wrong.

I seriously don't even recall

doing too many things at once :$