How to game with ath-m50x?

Hi I bought a pair of m50x and I would like to know if its possible to have surround sound for gaming because I have the razer Kraken chroma 7.1 and its sounds like they are much better for gaming.

with my m50x I cant tell where is the enemy... makes me angry >:(

6 minutes ago, ImGodz said:

Hi I bought a pair of m50x and I would like to know if its possible to have surround sound for gaming because I have the razer Kraken chroma 7.1 and its sounds like they are much better for gaming.

with my m50x I cant tell where is the enemy... makes me angry >:(

It's mostly the sound card that its attached to more so than the headphones themselves. I use my m50x's with the sound card that came with my hyper x cloud ii and the virtual 7.1 works in the same fashion.

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

1 minute ago, Scruffy90 said:

It's mostly the sound card that its attached to more so than the headphones themselves. I use my m50x's with the sound card that came with my hyper x cloud ii and the virtual 7.1 works in the same fashion.

Would you suggest me a sound card please? or does some kind of amplifier can do this? (sorry I dont know a lot about this stuff) 

1 minute ago, ImGodz said:

Would you suggest me a sound card please? or does some kind of amplifier can do this? (sorry I dont know a lot about this stuff) 

I unfortunately know nothing about thos either. The only reason I have this one is because it came with my hyper x cloud ii's. I rarely, if ever use the 7.1 surround. 

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

1 minute ago, Scruffy90 said:

I unfortunately know nothing about thos either. The only reason I have this one is because it came with my hyper x cloud ii's. I rarely, if ever use the 7.1 surround. 

and do you have difficulties spotting enemys just by sound?

3 minutes ago, ImGodz said:

and do you have difficulties spotting enemys just by sound?

When I play shooters (which I rarely do now a days), I usually play with my surround sound system. The headphones only go on when my girlfriend sleeping.

You return the M50x's and buy headphones with a soundstage. They are legit the worst headphones ever for FPS games....

If you want to keep them, then you can just use razer's surround sound software.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

5 hours ago, Dackzy said:

You return the M50x's and buy headphones with a soundstage. They are legit the worst headphones ever for FPS games....

If you want to keep them, then you can just use razer's surround sound software.

completely agree with this

I have no clue why people recommend these

1 hour ago, pas008 said:

That is simple: Youtube

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

2 hours ago, pas008 said:

completely agree with this

Because there are a lot of people who think more bass = good sound.  It's fine if all you're listening to is EDM and want something with a lot of bass, but I don't generally recommend them as gaming headphones.  For gaming you want something with a large soundstage that has good clarity and a neutral sound.  The AKG K7XX are fantastic gaming headphones, but cause some people comfort issues because of how they construct the top and handle sizing.  I generally use my HD650's for gaming and all-around use.  Also, the amp/dac is very important as well.  If you properly power a good pair of headphones the clarity and soundstage is substantially better, so if the OP is running off of standard MB audio that's part of the problem. 

As for "surround sound": it's garbage for FPS games.  You shouldn't need it to hear where people are coming from and all it does is use delay to trick you into thinking there is more directional information.  What people forget is that it also muddies the sound and makes it significantly harder to hear soft/quick sounds, which frankly are far more important than someone spraying wildly at you from a distance.  I played competitive CS (1.6/Source) and the little I tried virtual surround (for giggles) was horrendous and virtually unplayable at a high level.  You're far better off learning good crosshair placement and angles and using how you check positions to distinguish sounds.

IE: if your map knowledge and game mechanics are there you don't need fake surround sound to tell where something is coming from, even if you don't improve the quality of your audio.  What you get with a nice pair of headphones with a proper soundstage and amplification is a lot more clarity, you hear things you didn't before because they were masked by muffled audio or poor amplification.  I wish I had been able to afford good cans when I played competitively, I was already pretty high level and it would have been so much better...

2 hours ago, aithos said:

Because there are a lot of people who think more bass = good sound.  It's fine if all you're listening to is EDM and want something with a lot of bass, but I don't generally recommend them as gaming headphones.  For gaming you want something with a large soundstage that has good clarity and a neutral sound.  The AKG K7XX are fantastic gaming headphones, but cause some people comfort issues because of how they construct the top and handle sizing.  I generally use my HD650's for gaming and all-around use.  Also, the amp/dac is very important as well.  If you properly power a good pair of headphones the clarity and soundstage is substantially better, so if the OP is running off of standard MB audio that's part of the problem. 

As for "surround sound": it's garbage for FPS games.  You shouldn't need it to hear where people are coming from and all it does is use delay to trick you into thinking there is more directional information.  What people forget is that it also muddies the sound and makes it significantly harder to hear soft/quick sounds, which frankly are far more important than someone spraying wildly at you from a distance.  I played competitive CS (1.6/Source) and the little I tried virtual surround (for giggles) was horrendous and virtually unplayable at a high level.  You're far better off learning good crosshair placement and angles and using how you check positions to distinguish sounds.

IE: if your map knowledge and game mechanics are there you don't need fake surround sound to tell where something is coming from, even if you don't improve the quality of your audio.  What you get with a nice pair of headphones with a proper soundstage and amplification is a lot more clarity, you hear things you didn't before because they were masked by muffled audio or poor amplification.  I wish I had been able to afford good cans when I played competitively, I was already pretty high level and it would have been so much better...

almost any modern dac is fine, just as accurate as the next

amps another story

virtual surround isnt garbage lol clearly you havent had enough experience with them
not all games' sound engines are great

its the reason why many sound companies are creating algorithms and devices for it

you dont notice the difference on this video?

and thats only 4 of many out there like headphone x, yamaha silent cinema, out of your head, sennhiesers gsx, and etc