Prey (system shock bioshock pt 2)

linustouchtips

I wouldn't say its flawless but ive spent at least 5 hrs just finding secrets. im not really progressing as fast as i like. But damn this game reminds of bioshocks there is tons of story and lore. Audio clips, emails, notes i love this game it's definitely one of the better sp games ive played in a long time. Anyone else feel the same. Oh and the pc port is running tremendously on ryzen :)

I've thought about buying this game. But I just can't justify paying the full price for the game :/

Desktop Rig:

CPU: i7-6700K  Cooler: Noctua NH-L9x65  Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti FE  Memory: Corsair VENGEANCE LED 3200Mhz (2x8GB)

Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX Z270i  SSD: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB, Samsung PM981 1TB  Case: Louqe Ghost S1

Monitor: Dell Alienware AW3418DW

The original was pretty boring, but it did introduce a lot of cool game play features and it was advanced for its time. Glad to hear the new one isn't a pc port flop.

My girlfriend introduced me to this game after she played the demo and called it 'Bio Dead Shock Space'.

I'd say that's an accurate description. 

On 5/8/2017 at 10:20 AM, JohnT said:

The original was pretty boring, but it did introduce a lot of cool game play features and it was advanced for its time. Glad to hear the new one isn't a pc port flop.

It's really not a "new one." Prey 2017 shares almost nothing specific with Prey 2006 aside from the name, which was probably just an effort by Bethesda to benefit from the misguided hype of an existing fandom eager for a sequel. They defend the choice of name because it's very loosely a thematic successor: it's in space, there are supernatural things happening, there are guns… i.e. at least a third of all games ever made.

That said, Prey 2017 is wonderful just the way it is, and I probably would not have liked it as much had it been a real sequel.

1 hour ago, typographie said:

It's really not a "new one." Prey 2017 shares almost nothing specific with Prey 2006 aside from the name, which was probably just an effort by Bethesda to benefit from the misguided hype of an existing fandom eager for a sequel.

Rumor has it that it had to do with licensing - if they didn't use the title of "Prey" after so much time, they would have lost the rights to the IP. Rather than continuing with the sequel, which was in development hell for nearly a decade, they re-used it for an unnamed game that shared some similar themes with Prey 2006.

I will say that I'm enjoying Prey 2017 more than I thought I would. Clearly the game rewards experimentation, exploration, and has a good amount of replay value with its multiple endings and different gameplay styles. I still would have liked a Prey 2 that continues Tommy's story. Prey 2006 was in similar light to Quake 4 and Doom 3 with unique gameplay elements and an engaging story. It's a shame they'll never finish the story of Prey 2006.

Gaming Rig
Spoiler

CPU: Intel i7-6850k @ 4.2GHz

GPU: 2x FE GTX 1080Ti

Memory: 16GB PNY Anarchy DDR4 3200MHz

Motherboard: ASRock X99 Extreme 4

Encoding Rig
Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 7 1700 @ 3.7GHz

GPU: GTX 1050

Memory: 8GB Curcial Ballistix DDR4 2133MHz

Motherboard: Gigabyte AB350M-DS3H