Fancontroller turns off fans???

Eladarian
Go to solution Solved by exyia,

follow the wire coming off the fan controller - it probably uses a molex 4 pin (since you can get all of those voltages through different pin arrangements). maybe one or more of them aren't connecting

for instance, it doesn't take the same wires for 5V as it does for 12V. I forget the exact pin arrangement and too lazy to look it up - but that's where I'd start

Hey guys.

I recently got some new fans in my computer, and I wanted to use the built-in fancontroller in the Fractal Design R4.

The fancontroller has 3 levels of voltage you can send to your fans.- 5V, 7V or 12V.

You can only connect 3 3-pin fans. What I've connected is a Corsair SP120x2 and a Corsair AF 140. They all work perfectly fine on 5V. But whenever I put it up to 7V or 12V, they'll just shut off :i

I have no clue on how to fix that, perhaps somebody could help me out?

Regards,

Eladarian.

thats weird!

Main: AMD Athlon X4 750K| Coolermaster Hyper TX3 EVO | Gigabyte GA-F2A75M-HD2 | 8GB Kingston 1333mhz | WD Caviar Green 1tb | Coolermaster N200 | OCZ coreXstream 500w | Sapphire Radeon HD 7850 2GB | |Kingston 3k ssd 128gb |

follow the wire coming off the fan controller - it probably uses a molex 4 pin (since you can get all of those voltages through different pin arrangements). maybe one or more of them aren't connecting

for instance, it doesn't take the same wires for 5V as it does for 12V. I forget the exact pin arrangement and too lazy to look it up - but that's where I'd start

agreeing with exyia, it'll be to do with the power connector then. check the molex connector, and if that shows nothing, try a different molex cable

Spoiler

Gaming/Engineering PC: -i7 6700K, 4-4.2GHz "Eleanor" -ASUS ROG HERO VIII MOBO -16GB DDR4 3000MHz Corsair (2x8GB) -Gigabyte Windforce 980Ti OC edition (1405MHz GPU clock) -H110i GT Corsair CPU Water cooler -980GB Sandisk Ultra II SSD -Corsair 450D ATX Case -RM850i Corsair PSU (Modular) -28” 4K Samsung -27” 1080p Samsung 

Best Answer....

Yellow wires are 12v, the molex pins on the R4 are not the best they pop out when you try and connect....

Lian Li PC-V359WRX Micro-ATX Case | Intel 5960X Extreme 3.00GHz | ASRock Fatal1ty X99M KILLER | Crucial 32 GB 2666 DDR4 | Thermaltake NiC C5 | EVGA Supernova 1200W P2 | 2x 240GB OCZ Radeon R7 | 2x 256 GB Samsung 840 Series Pro | 2 X 120GB Samsung 840 EVO | 6x NF-F12’s | Place Holder GPU R9 290X |

Links Current 5960X Old FX9590

See if the connector on the fan controller, which splits into the 3 cables sits snug. It comes loose very easily.

Edit: the direct conncetor which sits behind the lever in the back of the front panel.

who cares...