LTX 2017 Meetup Announcement

I think the wife and I will be attending, I know its a family friendly event but I want to make sure that my 4 year old is ok to be there. also, will there be something similar to the garage sale from the warehouse meet up?

also, that $500 limo ride would be short for me as I found out I live 10 minutes away from the shop driving lol.

i'm stuck in australia, and working the EXACT dates that the expo is on, my wife said she might go for me and say hello to the crew for me and get some merch if there is some. so sad i'm stuck at work......

giphy.gif

*sniff sniff*

****SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH IT'S REALLY TERRIBLE*****

Been married to my wife for 3 years now! Yay!

10 hours ago, CPotter said:

Essentially. This is our first crack at a small convention.

If we're honest, crack is the way to go on a convention.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

For me, it's about $1600(R21800ish) for the cheapest flight...xD

Iz not happening... Looking forward to watching the videos though...

So on the website for ordering tickets, on the right hand column, it says "Ticket Pricing (CAD)". Just to verify, does this mean that the ticket prices you've laid out are in Canadian Dollars? So for each of the different tiers it would be $21.80, $54.49, and $363.25 respectively in USD?

So sad. I'm in Montreal.

Since I am to lazy to put something interesting here, I will put everything, but slightly abbreviated. Here is everything:

also, some questions to make you wonder about life:

What is I and who is me? Who is you? Which armrest in the movie theatre is yours?

also,

Welcome to the internet, I will be your guide. Or something.

My build:

CPU: Intel Core i5-7400 3.0GHz Quad-Core Processor,

Motherboard: ASRock B250M Pro4 Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard, 

Memory: Corsair 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory,

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive, 

Video Card: MSI Radeon RX 480 4GB ARMOR OC Video Card, 

Case: Corsair 100R ATX Mid Tower Case , 

Power Supply: Corsair CXM 450W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply, 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home Full, 

Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link TL-WN725N USB 2.0 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi Adapter, Case Fan: Corsair Air Series White 2 pack 52.2 CFM  120mm Fan

ou do not ask why, you ask why not -me

Remeber kinds, the only differ between screwing around and scince is writing it down. -Adam Savage.

Only two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not even sure of the former. - Albert Einstein.

5 hours ago, ignorantForager said:

So on the website for ordering tickets, on the right hand column, it says "Ticket Pricing (CAD)". Just to verify, does this mean that the ticket prices you've laid out are in Canadian Dollars? So for each of the different tiers it would be $21.80, $54.49, and $363.25 respectively in USD?

yes, it is in canadian dollars, and the prices seem to be taxes in and everything, what you see is what you pay.

10 hours ago, nerdslayer1 said:

get a better cpu 

lol

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

19 hours ago, Being Delirious said:

Alright fuck it, im buying the VIP pass.

Did u actually?

i like trains 🙂

2 minutes ago, Implosivetech said:

Did u actually?

He's just  Being Delirious *badumtiss* #PleaseClap

@Being Delirious :Have You read the fine print?? Scary Stuff m8

. *By purchasing tickets, you are agreeing to release your soul to Linus Media Group Inc. You acknowledge that you have been informed that you may be photographed and recorded as part of the release in any and all media whether now known or hereafter devised, in perpetuity throughout the universe and the advertising and publicity thereof. **

Details separate people.

12 hours ago, InuYasha86000 said:

I think the wife and I will be attending, I know its a family friendly event but I want to make sure that my 4 year old is ok to be there. also, will there be something similar to the garage sale from the warehouse meet up?

also, that $500 limo ride would be short for me as I found out I live 10 minutes away from the shop driving lol.

Your 4 year old will be fine to be there, we'll have cool things to look at and games and whatnot. There will be a silent auction, similar to the warehouse meetup. Haha yeah we're going to figure out a way to make the limo ride longer for people, since we assume most will be relatively close to either the office or LEC.

11 hours ago, yathis said:

Will there be any alcoholic beverages available, or do I need to bring my own?

There won't be alcoholic beverages, but there will be food.

If this was in the UK, id totally go - why oh why do you have to be in Canada! :( You should do virtual tickets like they do at blizcon xD

Is this going to be a yearly thing? Should I start saving up for a trip to Canada for next year? :)

Next time do it in merica. u will probably get 100s of more people o.O 

15 hours ago, samiscool51 said:

i'm stuck in australia, and working the EXACT dates that the expo is on, my wife said she might go for me and say hello to the crew for me and get some merch if there is some. so sad i'm stuck at work......

giphy.gif

*sniff sniff*

Can't you take 1 day off of work?

4 minutes ago, textreme said:

Canadians are quite proud they are having it in good old Canada.

Who knows, maybe it will up the CAD roupie value a bit!

3 minutes ago, textreme said:

I doubt it'll make any difference. No matter where you pick, it'll be far from a lot of people. You just get different people complaining about distance.

As an example, let's say they decided to do it just over the border in Seattle. Is that going to make a material difference for anyone? Unless you already live near there, there's going to be little difference between getting to Seattle or Vancouver.

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

8 minutes ago, porina said:

I doubt it'll make any difference. No matter where you pick, it'll be far from a lot of people. You just get different people complaining about distance.

As an example, let's say they decided to do it just over the border in Seattle. Is that going to make a material difference for anyone? Unless you already live near there, there's going to be little difference between getting to Seattle or Vancouver.

They need to come here to Atlanta. Lol.

GPU: XFX RX 7900 XTX

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D

32 minutes ago, textreme said:

Can't you take 1 day off of work?

boss said no....

****SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH IT'S REALLY TERRIBLE*****

Been married to my wife for 3 years now! Yay!

This is probably a stupid question. However is there any particular goals to this convention? is it hoping to create something for the LMG community? alternative revenue potential? Luke said to Linus one day 'Hey, do you know what would be sick?' and there is no plan? or am I just thinking too much into something that is never going to be public knowledge?

I dunno , thats like 3$ worth of gas to drive there

I feel some what obligated to go as I went to the first one thought

On a more serious side, how much is parking?