Sapphire RX 580 Nitro LE fans not spinning

zjwenker

So i was just trying to make a custom curve trough sapphire trixx software and while doing that my fans stopped spinning.

Even while in the app it notes that my fans are running at 20%.

Any one know this problem?

Just now, TheRandomness said:

The fans won't spin until the card reaches 60 Celsius. That's a feature. 

If i put the fans on 100% it still wont start spinning

1 minute ago, zjwenker said:

If i put the fans on 100% it still wont start spinning

Apply the settings.

what are you using for your fan curve?

Pc Specs

CPU: I7 6700k 4.5Ghz  Motherboard: Asus Z170-A Ram: Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4  Cpu Cooler: Corsair H100i v2  Storage: Crucial MX300 525GB/Hitachi Deskstar 3TB  Graphics Card: GTX 1080 Founders Edition Case: Corsair 750D Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA 850w Keyboard: Corsair k70 Mouse: rival 300 

Just now, FTL said:

Apply the settings.

i just did, i tried playing doom got to 80 degrees celsius still didnt start spinning.

Just now, zjwenker said:

i just did, i tried playing doom got to 80 degrees celsius still didnt start spinning.

What application are you getting your info from?

Pc Specs

CPU: I7 6700k 4.5Ghz  Motherboard: Asus Z170-A Ram: Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4  Cpu Cooler: Corsair H100i v2  Storage: Crucial MX300 525GB/Hitachi Deskstar 3TB  Graphics Card: GTX 1080 Founders Edition Case: Corsair 750D Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA 850w Keyboard: Corsair k70 Mouse: rival 300 

Just now, will2135 said:

What application are you getting your info from?

Sapphire TRIXX 

Just now, zjwenker said:

Can you post a screenshot?

2 minutes ago, FTL said:

Can you post a screenshot?

it tells me it is running, but the actual fans do nothing

From that picture, it's set to automatic and not custom.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

unplug and replug the fan cable under the shroud , the card should spin up at

60-63c , dont load the Gpu untill u have fixed the problem 

Try using catalyst control centre and adjust the fans (in the overclocking tab ).

from there if u dont want to use msi AB ( but i really recommend it ) 

I like how everyone assumes OP just didn't apply the settings or it's set to automatic because we've all done it before, juked out by the 0dB feature and had a mini panic attack.

If none of the above works for you, I would recommend just contacting the manufacturer about it, or just bring it down for a little test at the local distributor and see if they can't just get you a new one. I recently had to deal with bad silicone in a Zotac 1070 mini, got it fixed over 1 month and never regretted a single moment. You have to sometimes just throw in the towel and accept that it's not your fault, and not much you can do or should risk doing to fix it will help much. Do try the stuffs the other forumers posted first though. No janky shenanigans though.

• 3 weeks later...

Here's another question is it safe to run my fans constantly, and if so what speed should I run them at. I have the MSI RX 580 ARMOR 8G OC btw.

7 minutes ago, Ryneldinho said:

Here's another question is it safe to run my fans constantly, and if so what speed should I run them at. I have the MSI RX 580 ARMOR 8G OC btw.

Well, yeah it's safe, but you'll probably wear down the fans life span. I don't see why you'd want to do that anyways, but it's your choice.

Ok so how would you set your to come on at 70 degrees, and say spin at 50% speed? 

5 minutes ago, Ryneldinho said:

Ok so how would you set your to come on at 70 degrees, and say spin at 50% speed? 

MSI Afterburner allows you to adjust fan curves. I'm sure there is a guide out there somewhere, just try searching for it on YouTube, pretty sure JayzTwoCents did a video about it. I'll try to find one for you.

Just now, ShadyOrb09 said:

MSI Afterburner allows you to adjust fan curves. I'm sure there is a guide out there somewhere, just try searching for it on YouTube, pretty sure JayzTwoCents did a video about it. I'll try to find one for you.

Thank you and one other thing is it safe to boost the base clock with afterburner?

Just now, Ryneldinho said:

Thank you and one other thing is it safe to boost the base clock with afterburner?

Yeah, just make sure to watch a guide on how to overclock your specific GPU.