Bass Heads, This Is a Must

mealto

I already listen to Techmaster P.E.B., Bass Outlaws, Bass Tech DXJ, and many others. Oh, and I do push a 12" Kove Armageddon sub. 

MOBO - Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2.0   CPU - AMD Phenom II X6 1055T @ 3.5GHz - Corsair H80i   RAM - 2x Corsair Vengence 4GB DDR3 @ 1666 MHz   

GPU - SAPPHIRE 100362-3L Radeon R9 290 4GB Tri-X OC  Sound - ASUS Xonar DSX  PSU - Thermaltake SMART M Series SP-850M 850W

These are not music files. They are movie files. If your sub can handle it, some of these scenes will flex drywall so be careful.

Funny how users who spend uber money on expensive amps and speakers who try and get the best sound stage and high fidelity are called audiophiles and guys who want the same for bass are called bass heads lol

Anyone test the files yet with your HT set up?

Just be careful not to do this to your house

9610eebb_20130323_112218_zps8705111f.jpe

Obviously, no one has tested these files yet lol. 

Obviously, no one has tested these files yet lol. 

have a few of those dvds, I have yet to find something that really punishes my subs (I used to drive them with 2x750watt amp), but it is not optimised for my room enough for my liking so I will be rebuilding it.

I have 2x 12" @250watt drivers with 22Hz RF's.  I also have a 3rd one just incase I want to make an aux sub for the other side of the room.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

@mr moose. To push your sub, and ultimately, to have lots of fun. Watch:

1. The pod emerging from underground scene in War of the Worlds (2005)

2. The Flight of the Phoenix plane crash scene (crappy movie, fun scene)

Even for owners who sub cannot play down to 16Hz, say you may bottom out at 25-28Hz, these 2 scenes should push the heck out of your sub near or at reference. Of course, don't try it at reference levels the first time around. I don't want to see anyone's sub die here. If these scenes do not push your sub AND put a smile on your face, that means your sub cannot play at that low a range? lol or your systems is not set up properly. double lol

Try these. They should make you smile.

Even for owners who sub cannot play down to 16Hz, say you may bottom out at 25-28Hz, these 2 scenes should push the heck out of your sub near or at reference. Of course, don't try it at reference levels the first time around. I don't want to see anyone's sub die here. If these scenes do not push your sub AND put a smile on your face, that means your sub cannot play at that low a range? lol or your systems is not set up properly. double lol

I will, if I get time (because for silly reason time is getting rarer) I'll take another FR measurement.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

• 3 weeks later...

Well, it took forever to do but here are the measurements from my sub, It seriously didn't measure that loud the first time I did and I suspect my mic is due for recalibration, however even allowing for a stupidly high 10dB of inaccuracy the response I think is quite good.

graph.png

I can't wait till I have time to redesign the subs with the other drivers.

I do quality, not mindless bass.

Le Bastardo+ 

i7 4770k + OCUK Fathom HW labs Black Ice 240 rad + Mayhem's Gigachew orange + 16GB Avexir Core Orange 2133 + Gigachew GA-Z87X-OC + 2x Gigachew WF 780Ti SLi + SoundBlaster Z + 1TB Crucial M550 + 2TB Seagate Barracude 7200rpm + LG BDR/DVDR + Superflower Leadex 1KW Platinum + NZXT Switch 810 Gun Metal + Dell U2713H + Logitech G602 + Ducky DK-9008 Shine 3 MX Brown

Red Alert

FX 8320 AMD = Noctua NHU12P = 8GB Avexir Blitz 2000 = ASUS M5A99X EVO R2.0 = Sapphire Radeon R9 290 TRI-X = 1TB Hitachi Deskstar & 500GB Hitachi Deskstar = Samsung DVDR/CDR = SuperFlower Golden Green HX 550W 80 Plus Gold = Xigmatek Utguard = AOC 22" LED 1920x1080 = Logitech G110 = SteelSeries Sensei RAW

Mr Moose, do you smile everytime a great bass scene comes on? That is the mark you measure how fun bass can be.

Recon-UK, quality means different things to different people when bass in the topic of discussion. Some prefer the smooth mid-low end while others prefer the ultra low end where humans cannot hear. Pick your poison.

Mr Moose, do you smile everytime a great bass scene comes on? That is the mark you measure how fun bass can be.

Recon-UK, quality means different things to different people when bass in the topic of discussion. Some prefer the smooth mid-low end while others prefer the ultra low end where humans cannot hear. Pick your poison.

No, when a great bass scene comes on my neighbors smile and I worry about the windows. :D