CPUCores :: Maximize Your FPS scam?!?!?!

I was close to buying software known as CPUCores :: Maximize Your FPS off steam, after reading the reviews im not sure if its a scam. Does anyone have any experience with this and is it similar to Windows Game mode

6 minutes ago, Gdonx said:

CPUCores :: Maximize Your FPS

most of these are not worth it, save up for a better pc. 

edit: not a joke, i was being serious @Gdonx

1. It won't increase your FPS
  2. This is free and just as good: https://www.razerzone.com/cortex

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

2 minutes ago, manikyath said:

software cant make your PC faster.

Really? How come PS4 Updates improve performance /s xD

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

1 minute ago, manikyath said:

because they do things you cant because the PS4 actually runs a locked down fork off BSD ;)

I was kidding xD(You didn't see the /s, did you?)

9 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

most of these are not worth it, save up for a better pc. 

edit: not a joke, i was being serious @Gdonx

I get that i should upgrade, but my system isnt bad. Im just being greedy trying to run games at 140+ fps. I dont want to spend 300 pounds on a new cpu just to run gta that bit better 

Just now, rip said:

Never knew PS4 were considered a PC

I was kidding:/:D

4 minutes ago, rip said:

well.. looking at the facts, it's using PC hardware (down to earth, it's an APU, it's one not available as a PC component, but it's essentially the same thing.), running a PC operating system, capable of some PC tasks (but not others).

it is in definition closer to a PC than to what used to be defined as a console, but no matter what the facts are, the PC/console line is one decided socially rather than factually.

1 minute ago, manikyath said:

well.. looking at the facts, it's using PC hardware (down to earth, it's an APU, it's one not available as a PC component, but it's essentially the same thing.), running a PC operating system, capable of some PC tasks (but not others).

it is in definition closer to a PC than to what used to be defined as a console, but no matter what the facts are, the PC/console line is one decided socially rather than factually.

But but but pc master race, console peasant... 

rip

2 minutes ago, rip said:

But but but pc master race, console peasant... 

"defined socially rather than factually" ;)

Any third party software that claims to actively increase your system performance does nothing for performance at best, ruins the applications of other programs at worse, or is a scam at the worst.

15 minutes ago, rip said:

It's not. Anyone who says the consoles are a PC simply because they're using an x86 architecture with a GPU architecture found in consumer models is trying to flaunt their PC Master Race e-penis. Because you have to ask yourself, is that super computer in Lawerence Livermore Labs a PC because it uses an x86 based system with NVIDIA GPUs?

I mean, if everyone is trying to be technical that it's an "IBM PC compatible" machine, even that's increasingly false, if you consider "compatible" being "mostly compatible" since modern x86  systems are lacking a feature to fix a feature bug that was prominently used on IBM PC machines.

It won't make any difference. All these things do is allocate more system resources to the game you're running, shutting down other non-essential processes as necessary. If you have other programs and processes open, chances are you've opened them intentionally, and there's no point getting something to shut them down automatically.