Would this UPS be enough for my system?

DND

Hi guys so in my past post I had asked if the model of my UPS is not enough for my current system this post could be found here . So I just wanted to ask if this would model of UPS http://www.apc.com/shop/my/en/products/APC-Back-UPS-1100VA-230V-AVR-Universal-and-IEC-Sockets/P-BX1100LI-MS would be enough to power up my system and if it would be enough even if I do future upgrades like upgrading my CPU and doing a custom water cooling loop onto my system. 

Spoiler

PC: CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X @ Curve optimzer -25,  Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Chromax.Black, Motherboard: Asus Rog Strix B500-F Gaming WiFi II, GPU: Sapphire Nitro+ RX 7800XT @ Stock , RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 2x16GB DDR4 3600Mhz CL18, HDD: Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB, SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB | Team Group MP33 1TB NVME, Case: NZXT H7 Flow Black, PSU: NZXT C1200  I Peripherals: Keyboard: Ducky Shine 6 RGB Special Edition, Mouse: Razer Orochi V2, Headset: Philips SHP9500, Mousepad: Glorious Stealth Extended I Laptop: MSI GS63VR Stealth Pro CPU: i7-6700HQ@ 2.6ghz, GPU: GTX 1060, Memory: 16GB DDR4 2400Mhz, HDD: 1TB+128GB SSD

9 hours ago, DND said:

Hi guys so in my past post I had asked if the model of my UPS is not enough for my current system this post could be found here . So I just wanted to ask if this would model of UPS http://www.apc.com/shop/my/en/products/APC-Back-UPS-1100VA-230V-AVR-Universal-and-IEC-Sockets/P-BX1100LI-MS would be enough to power up my system and if it would be enough even if I do future upgrades like upgrading my CPU and doing a custom water cooling loop onto my system.

What voltage and frequency are you running your CPU and GPU at?

I have found this to be a relatively useful tool for such an application: http://outervision.com/power-supply-calculator

Also, check if your PSU requires PFC support, as I don't think that UPS does support it.

Also, are you plugging a monitor or anything else into it other than your tower?

23 hours ago, FibonacciOne1235 said:

Also, are you plugging a monitor or anything else into it other than your tower?

Planning on plugging my two monitors which are an Asus PG248Q and a VC239H. 

23 hours ago, FibonacciOne1235 said:

What voltage and frequency are you running your CPU and GPU at?

I have found this to be a relatively useful tool for such an application: http://outervision.com/power-supply-calculator

Also, check if your PSU requires PFC support, as I don't think that UPS does support it.

As if now my CPU is running at 1.25V @ 4.3Ghz and My gpu is running at stock voltages. Btw may I ask what is PFC? 

Spoiler

PC: CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X @ Curve optimzer -25,  Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Chromax.Black, Motherboard: Asus Rog Strix B500-F Gaming WiFi II, GPU: Sapphire Nitro+ RX 7800XT @ Stock , RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 2x16GB DDR4 3600Mhz CL18, HDD: Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB, SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB | Team Group MP33 1TB NVME, Case: NZXT H7 Flow Black, PSU: NZXT C1200  I Peripherals: Keyboard: Ducky Shine 6 RGB Special Edition, Mouse: Razer Orochi V2, Headset: Philips SHP9500, Mousepad: Glorious Stealth Extended I Laptop: MSI GS63VR Stealth Pro CPU: i7-6700HQ@ 2.6ghz, GPU: GTX 1060, Memory: 16GB DDR4 2400Mhz, HDD: 1TB+128GB SSD

7 minutes ago, DND said:

Planning on plugging my two monitors which are an Asus PG248Q and a VC239H. 

As if now my CPU is running at 1.25V @ 4.3Ghz and My gpu is running at stock voltages. Btw may I ask what is PFC? 

Hmm, so the wattage of that 1.1KVA UPS is 550W. It's getting pretty close to the limit of it.

I think my peak power load with my 2700K (4.9 GHz / 1.45v) and 980 Ti was 425W. The 980 Ti overclocked uses more power than the 1080 for sure.

I would say it should handle, but watch the screens. They tend to add 10-40W or more depending on the screen type. Apparently looking at the first ASUS screen, the power draw is 65W at 200 cd. 22W for the other monitor. That might be a bit too close to the max limit of the UPS for me to be happy.

Oh, curious, can you find Eaton UPS units where you're at? Maybe look for the Eaton 5S series. They're pretty good. I like them over APC now.

1 hour ago, DND said:

-SNIP-

Your getting pretty close to the max draw if you are planning to upgrade your system, currently it shouldn't be a problem as your system should not take more than 400W or so and still have enough overhead for peripherals. 

PFC refers to power factor correction, some PSU's can be quite sensitive where it may not accept the battery backup power as it sees it's not a perfect sinewave and will auto shut down thinking it's bad power. 

1 hour ago, scottyseng said:

Hmm, so the wattage of that 1.1KVA UPS is 550W. It's getting pretty close to the limit of it.

I think my peak power load with my 2700K (4.9 GHz / 1.45v) and 980 Ti was 425W. The 980 Ti overclocked uses more power than the 1080 for sure.

I would say it should handle, but watch the screens. They tend to add 10-40W or more depending on the screen type. Apparently looking at the first ASUS screen, the power draw is 65W at 200 cd. 22W for the other monitor. That might be a bit too close to the max limit of the UPS for me to be happy.

Oh, curious, can you find Eaton UPS units where you're at? Maybe look for the Eaton 5S series. They're pretty good. I like them over APC now.

I see, I might just use my old psu to plug in my monitors. The new one that I'll get for the system. 

As for the eaton i can only find the high ends one which cost about 200$ up hete in my country. 

38 minutes ago, W-L said:

Your getting pretty close to the max draw if you are planning to upgrade your system, currently it shouldn't be a problem as your system should not take more than 400W or so and still have enough overhead for peripherals. 

PFC refers to power factor correction, some PSU's can be quite sensitive where it may not accept the battery backup power as it sees it's not a perfect sinewave and will auto shut down thinking it's bad power. 

Thanks for the explanation. So there is a chance when i get a new ups that i might not be able to use it if my psu has PFC? I tried checking if my psu has it but i cant seem to find out if it really has. My psu is a seasonic m12i evo 80+ bronze. 

Spoiler

5 minutes ago, DND said:

I see, I might just use my old psu to plug in my monitors. The new one that I'll get for the system. 

As for the eaton i can only find the high ends one which cost about 200$ up hete in my country. 

Thanks for the explanation. So there is a chance when i get a new ups that i might not be able to use it if my psu has PFC? I tried checking if my psu has it but i cant seem to find out if it really has. My psu is a seasonic m12i evo 80+ bronze. 

All PSU's should have PFC and is a necessary function for it to deliver it's rated capacity, the worst that can happen is it being incompatible to having just excessive electrical noise from the PSU trying to correct for irregularities in the sinewave. 

2 minutes ago, W-L said:

All PSU's should have PFC and is a necessary function for it to deliver it's rated capacity, the worst that can happen is it being incompatible to having just excessive electrical noise from the PSU trying to correct for irregularities in the sinewave. 

Would that execcsive electrical noise be the beeping from the ups? 

Spoiler

11 minutes ago, DND said:

yeah, I would use the old UPS for the screens.

Ah, that's a shame. Yeah, go for APC then.

Hmm, yeah, some PSUs are really picky about pure sinewave vs stepped wave. I know most will not take square wave.

The beeping from the UPS is probably you overloading it...your old one can't take the load for sure.

1 minute ago, DND said:

A very loud humming while it is under load.

Intel Xeon 1650 V0 (4.4GHz @1.4V), ASRock X79 Extreme6, 32GB of HyperX 1866, Sapphire Nitro+ 5700XT, Silverstone Redline (black) RL05BB-W, Crucial MX500 500GB SSD, TeamGroup GX2 512GB SSD, WD AV-25 1TB 2.5" HDD with generic Chinese 120GB SSD as cache, x2 Seagate 2TB SSHD(RAID 0) with generic Chinese 240GB SSD as cache, SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 850, x2 Acer H236HL, Acer V277U be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4, Logitech K120, Tecknet "Gaming" mouse, Creative Inspire T2900, HyperX Cloud Flight Wireless headset, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

2 minutes ago, DND said:

No as said it would be buzzing or humming in the PFC case that occurs on the PSU side, if your UPS is beeping check the manual for the codes, a solid beeping sounding from it usually indicates an overload during a battery backup. 

12 minutes ago, scottyseng said:

yeah, I would use the old UPS for the screens.

Ah, that's a shame. Yeah, go for APC then.

Hmm, yeah, some PSUs are really picky about pure sinewave vs stepped wave. I know most will not take square wave.

The beeping from the UPS is probably you overloading it...your old one can't take the load for sure.

I saw one online the model is eaton 5L1200PH is this one a good model? 

13 minutes ago, DragonTamer1 said:

A very loud humming while it is under load.

Is it somewhat similar to a coil whine? "

12 minutes ago, W-L said:

No as said it would be buzzing or humming in the PFC case that occurs on the PSU side, if your UPS is beeping check the manual for the codes, a solid beeping sounding from it usually indicates an overload during a battery backup. 

I see thanks. 

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, DND said:

I saw one online the model is eaton 5L1200PH is this one a good model? 

Is it somewhat similar to a coil whine? "

I see thanks. 

Yeah, it's similar to that APC one. Just slightly higher capacity. It should handle the screens and PC, but you'd have to try and see.

If you did have heavy electrical noise, it would be similar to coil whine. But I'm pretty sure you're hearing the alarm of the UPS and not electrical noise. I'm 100% sure your old UPS can't take the load.

Do keep in mind when I give my numbers, that's worst case scenario (100% CPU and GPU in rendering). Normally gaming doesn't load both to max like that.

3 minutes ago, scottyseng said:

Yeah, it's similar to that APC one. Just slightly higher capacity. It should handle the screens and PC, but you'd have to try and see.

If you did have heavy electrical noise, it would be similar to coil whine. But I'm pretty sure you're hearing the alarm of the UPS and not electrical noise. I'm 100% sure your old UPS can't take the load.

Do keep in mind when I give my numbers, that's worst case scenario (100% CPU and GPU in rendering). Normally gaming doesn't load both to max like that.

So that model of eatom ups doesn't have support for PFC? 

As for the noise I think it's just because of overload as you and the others say the noise is a constant beep from the ups and not on the psu.. 

Spoiler

4 minutes ago, DND said:

So that model of eatom ups doesn't have support for PFC? 

As for the noise I think it's just because of overload as you and the others say the noise is a constant beep from the ups and not on the psu.. 

It's more of a hit or miss with PFC support. Some PSUs are more sensitive to it than others. I think that Seasonic should be able to tolerate it.

Though you can see by removing the GPU and plugging to PC into your old UPS. If the PC doesn't shut down, it should accept stepped sin power.

Pure sinewave UPS units aren't cheap. Even more expensive are double online conversion ones...

21 hours ago, scottyseng said:

It's more of a hit or miss with PFC support. Some PSUs are more sensitive to it than others. I think that Seasonic should be able to tolerate it.

Though you can see by removing the GPU and plugging to PC into your old UPS. If the PC doesn't shut down, it should accept stepped sin power.

Pure sinewave UPS units aren't cheap. Even more expensive are double online conversion ones...

I see. Just another question how about this https://www.amazon.com/CyberPower-CP1350PFCLCD-Sinewave-Compatible-Mini-Tower/dp/B00429N19M?psc=1&SubscriptionId=AKIAJ4AK2H6SGGIY7SXQ&tag=hawk-future-20&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B00429N19M&ascsubtag=pcg-1908711084-20 ups? I'm thinking of just ordering this from amazon then ship it here to the Philippines would there be differences from a US version one from a local one that is really made for the Philippines to be used? 

Spoiler

14 minutes ago, DND said:

-SNIP-

The unit is not capable of accepting 240V input it only takes in 120V and outputs 120V, you need to get units which are region specific. 

1 minute ago, W-L said:

The unit is not capable of accepting 240V input it only takes in 120V and outputs 120V, you need to get units which are region specific. 

I see, are all units coming from the US 120V?

Spoiler

Just now, DND said:

I believe so as they need to design the inverter for that, it cannot do dual voltage unless it's designed for that kind of usage. 

2 minutes ago, DND said:

Yes, the normal ones are 120V. The ultra high end ones are three phase. 220V isn't so popular for PC stuff here.

Even my monster Eaton 9130 2000VA / 1800W UPS is 120V.

3 hours ago, W-L said:

I believe so as they need to design the inverter for that, it cannot do dual voltage unless it's designed for that kind of usage. 

3 hours ago, scottyseng said:

Yes, the normal ones are 120V. The ultra high end ones are three phase. 220V isn't so popular for PC stuff here.

Even my monster Eaton 9130 2000VA / 1800W UPS is 120V.

I see. That's kind of unfortunate. Will try to do some research if i can find any cyberpower distributors here in the Philippines. 

Spoiler