Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Building gaming pc looking for recommendations

The current computer I am using right now i have had for over 4 year now i think.(specs: cpu: fx 6300 gpu: gtx750 ti Ram:8gb)  It was good for it's time when i played low fps intensive games, but now i'm starting to get into for fps intensive games like overwatch, battlegrounds, and rust. The budget for the build is 1300 i would prefer to spend around 1150 to 1200. I don't need any Peripherals and i also live in the United States. My setup has a rgb theme but everything doesn't need to be rgb. Last thing that i think is important to mention is that i'm not going to be streaming but i might do some light recording nothing big. 

 

pcpartpicker link: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/pmNbf8

 

Cpu: Intel Core i5-7600K 3.8GHz Quad-Core Processor

 

Cpu Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper T2 54.8 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler

 

Motherboard: Asus PRIME B250M-K Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard

 

Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory

 

Storage: Sandisk SSD PLUS 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive & Western Digital Blue 1TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive

 

Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 8GB G1 Gaming Video Card

 

Case: Corsair Crystal 460X RGB ATX Mid Tower Case

 

Power Supply: EVGA 700W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply

 

Windows 10

 

Please leave your suggestions thank u!!! :)

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/cLjrf8
Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/cLjrf8/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz 6-Core Processor  ($217.55 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: Asus PRIME B350M-A/CSM Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($87.39 @ OutletPC) 
Memory: Patriot Viper Elite 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2666 Memory  ($97.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: SK hynix SL308 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($88.89 @ OutletPC) 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($47.88 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Superclocked Gaming ACX 3.0 Video Card  ($499.99 @ B&H) 
Case: Corsair Crystal 460X RGB ATX Mid Tower Case  ($139.99 @ B&H) 
Power Supply: SeaSonic S12II 620W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($47.78 @ SuperBiiz) 
Total: $1227.46
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-04-29 01:35 EDT-0400

Kept the 460X ATX Case in case that you liked it.

Check out my laptop reviews here

 

My daily driver: Lenovo Legion Y530 [REVIEW]

Spoiler

Intel Core i5-8300H Nvidia GTX1050Ti 2GB LP156WFG-SPB2 144Hz IPS 16GB 2666MHz DDR4 RAM (2x8GB) Samsung PM981 256GB+Seagate 1TB 5400RPM

Check out my blog here

Laptop ODMsClevo, Tongfang, Quanta

 

My Phone: Xiaomi Mi 9 Lite [REVIEW] (Blue, with XUNDD hard case)

Spoiler

SDM710 6GB RAM 128GB ROM 6.39" AMOLED 48MP Sony IMX586 rear (AI triple camera)

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Bad power supply. Too much wattage, not enough quality. Get something better.
  • Overclocking CPU with a locked chipset motherboard? Waste of money. You can't overclock on a B250.
  • Weak cooler.
  • Way too much for Windows. Get it at Kinguin or reddit for a quarter the price.

My recommendation for about $1300 is as follows. If you can't afford that, then change the 1080 Ti to a 1080 and upgrade the CPU to a Ryzen 5 1600. Get RGB LED strips- these parts have a neutral, monochrome theme, so they'll work with that. This will perform admirably at 4k, but you can get the same FPS at 1080p for half the price.
 

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1400 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($165.88 @ OutletPC) 
CPU Cooler: CRYORIG M9a 48.4 CFM CPU Cooler  ($19.88 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: MSI B350M GAMING PRO Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($71.98 @ Newegg) 
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  ($114.79 @ NCIX US) 
Storage: Zotac T500 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($69.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Seagate BarraCuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($47.69 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB Founders Edition Video Card  ($679.89 @ Amazon) 
Case: Inwin 301 White MicroATX Mini Tower Case  ($77.98 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: SeaSonic S12II 520W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($44.90 @ Amazon) 
Other: Windows 10 OEM Key (Kinguin) ($25.00)
Total: $1317.98
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-04-29 01:37 EDT-0400

 

ALIENWARE 13R3

i7-7700HQ | GTX 1060 | 16GB DDR4 | 512GB NVMe SSD | 1440p OLED display | Logitech MX Master KZ ZSA

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

$1200 can net you a better build w/ Windows:

 

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz 6-Core Processor  ($217.55 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: MSI B350 PC MATE ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($86.98 @ Newegg) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  ($119.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Crucial MX300 275GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($93.89 @ OutletPC) 
Storage: Western Digital Blue 1TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($48.75 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB SC GAMING ACX 3.0 Black Edition Video Card  ($366.15 @ Amazon) 
Case: Corsair Crystal 460X RGB ATX Mid Tower Case  ($139.99 @ B&H) 
Power Supply: Corsair CXM 550W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($39.99 @ Newegg) 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit  ($86.88 @ OutletPC) 
Total: $1200.17
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-04-29 02:32 EDT-0400

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($313.67 @ OutletPC) 
CPU Cooler: CRYORIG M9i 48.4 CFM CPU Cooler  ($19.88 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: MSI Z170A SLI ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($82.98 @ Newegg) 
Memory: Team Vulcan 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  ($94.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Kingston HyperX Fury 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($80.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Seagate BarraCuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($47.69 @ OutletPC) get later if you can't handle rebates.
Video Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Mini Video Card  ($339.99 @ Newegg) 
Case: Phanteks ECLIPSE P400 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($69.99 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: Corsair CXM 750W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($63.98 @ Newegg) 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit  ($86.88 @ OutletPC) 
Total: $1201.04
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-04-29 02:51 EDT-0400

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700@3.8Ghz Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Sapphire RX 5700 XT RAM: Qidian DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Biostar X370GT7 case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, HKZeroFive said:

$1200 can net you a better build w/ Windows:

 

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz 6-Core Processor  ($217.55 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: MSI B350 PC MATE ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($86.98 @ Newegg) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  ($119.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Crucial MX300 275GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($93.89 @ OutletPC) 
Storage: Western Digital Blue 1TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($48.75 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB SC GAMING ACX 3.0 Black Edition Video Card  ($366.15 @ Amazon) 
Case: Corsair Crystal 460X RGB ATX Mid Tower Case  ($139.99 @ B&H) 
Power Supply: Corsair CXM 550W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($39.99 @ Newegg) 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit  ($86.88 @ OutletPC) 
Total: $1200.17
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-04-29 02:32 EDT-0400

 

you could fit a gtx 1080 (on sale) into this build if you get a cheaper case such as an s340. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Aereldor said:
  • Bad power supply. Too much wattage, not enough quality. Get something better.
  • Overclocking CPU with a locked chipset motherboard? Waste of money. You can't overclock on a B250.
  • Weak cooler.
  • Way too much for Windows. Get it at Kinguin or reddit for a quarter the price.

My recommendation for about $1300 is as follows. If you can't afford that, then change the 1080 Ti to a 1080 and upgrade the CPU to a Ryzen 5 1600. Get RGB LED strips- these parts have a neutral, monochrome theme, so they'll work with that. This will perform admirably at 4k, but you can get the same FPS at 1080p for half the price.
 

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1400 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($165.88 @ OutletPC) 
CPU Cooler: CRYORIG M9a 48.4 CFM CPU Cooler  ($19.88 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: MSI B350M GAMING PRO Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($71.98 @ Newegg) 
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  ($114.79 @ NCIX US) 
Storage: Zotac T500 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($69.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Seagate BarraCuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($47.69 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB Founders Edition Video Card  ($679.89 @ Amazon) 
Case: Inwin 301 White MicroATX Mini Tower Case  ($77.98 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: SeaSonic S12II 520W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($44.90 @ Amazon) 
Other: Windows 10 OEM Key (Kinguin) ($25.00)
Total: $1317.98
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-04-29 01:37 EDT-0400

 

1. Is a 1080Ti a good option when paired with a Ryzen 1400? I'd put a 1080 there instead and get a better Ryzen 1600 chip, or at least an i5 6600k and Z270 mobo

2. I know 520W is enough, but I'd still get a 600W gold PSU since it'll save you money over the long run.

3. I'd always go with a Western Digital hard drive rather than Seagate ****, they're much more reliable.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Jacko1222 said:

1. Is a 1080Ti a good option when paired with a Ryzen 1400? I'd put a 1080 there instead and get a better Ryzen 1600 chip, or at least an i5 6600k and Z270 mobo

2. I know 520W is enough, but I'd still get a 600W gold PSU since it'll save you money over the long run.

3. I'd always go with a Western Digital hard drive rather than Seagate ****, they're much more reliable.

  1. There will be a bottleneck at 1080p and even 1440p unless the game is really demanding, but my recommended resolution for a 1080 Ti is 4k, where bottlenecking will be minimal as the computer will be GPU-bound in almost every title. Also, it's a great placeholder chip, with 4 cores, 8 threads, decent overclockability, and IPC comparable to Haswell (even better with the fast 3200MHz memory). The most important feature as a placeholder is the fact that all of AMD's new CPUs are on their unified AM4 platform. His upgrade path goes all the way up to a Ryzen 7 1800x, which is a 6900k-class CPU. 
     
  2. 80+ Gold is 3% more efficient than 80+ Bronze at most, so it'll take a while for returns to show. The quality of the power supply is more important than the efficiency rating or the wattage, and it's quite a bit more for an 80+ Gold supply of comparable quality- $20 more, last I checked, for a SeaSonic S12G 550W.
     
  3. I don't think the difference is as pronounced as you think it is. I'd appreciate it if you could back up claims with evidence comparing the 1TB Barracuda and Caviar Blue models, so I can take them seriously. This comparison doesn't feature failure rates for Seagate Barracuda 1TB drives (or any Seagate 1TBs at all) but Seagate comes out a fair bit above WD overall, and loses to Toshiba, with HGST leading the pack.
    https://www.extremetech.com/extreme/175089-who-makes-the-most-reliable-hard-drives

ALIENWARE 13R3

i7-7700HQ | GTX 1060 | 16GB DDR4 | 512GB NVMe SSD | 1440p OLED display | Logitech MX Master KZ ZSA

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×