Which should i choose? 1060 or 1070?

FedePc17

Hey guys i'm new here in the forums. Soon , I will buy a new PC, so i don't know which graphics card i should pick, a GTX 1060 or 1070.

My doubt is which of these is more appropriate in relation to durability with the games that are coming, because my idea is not to have to update the pc until in about 4 or 5 years.

Oh, and the cpu will be an i5 7600 (not K). Sorry for my bad english, i'm from Argentina.:D

For 4-5 years you can't be sure everything will even work but i am pretty sure you don't want to use GTX1060 for next 4-5 years so yeah 1070 is a choice here

That's a difficult one.

You can go 1070. But the 7600 is actually not capable of fully utilizing it in some scenario's.

You can go 1060 but that likely won't last 4-5 years.

You can go rx 580 but that's not as powerful as a 1070 but will likely last longer than the 1060 because amd cards age better.

I would go rx 580 because a 1070 won't be utilized properly and the extra performance you pay for won't be used and it will last longer.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

Just now, Noob1337 said:

A future proof PC should have the GTX 1070 at least dude.. to run games until 2022 :D

Thanks,I have read that the gtx 1060 will be useful for games up to 3 years only, is that true? 

damn true son...

but with the years you will have to start lowering the sittings down any way :P

Just now, FedePc17 said:

Thanks,I have read that the gtx 1060 will be useful for games up to 3 years only, is that true? 

Well, i don't know who told you that but unless it's a wizard, it's impossible to know.

We cannot know how demanding games would be in 3 years, we can't predict that. We can guess but that's about it.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

1 minute ago, samcool55 said:

That's a difficult one.

You can go 1070. But the 7600 is actually not capable of fully utilizing it in some scenario's.

You can go 1060 but that likely won't last 4-5 years.

You can go rx 580 but that's not as powerful as a 1070 but will likely last longer than the 1060 because amd cards age better.

I would go rx 580 because a 1070 won't be utilized properly and the extra performance you pay for won't be used and it will last longer.

What are you even talking about? The 1070 is fine when paired with that i5. I mean you are telling someone to not get a card because the cpu might bottleneck in some situations. All cpus will bottleneck a GPU when given the right conditions.

4 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

What are you even talking about? The 1070 is fine when paired with that i5. I mean you are telling someone to not get a card because the cpu might bottleneck in some situations. All cpus will bottleneck a GPU when given the right conditions.

So if i dedice to get a 1080 ti with an i5 , it won´t bottleneck? I discarded the 1080 ti for that reason. I will play on a 1080p monitor , also planning to use the DSR to play in 2k. I don't feel that i need a 4k monitor .

1 minute ago, FedePc17 said:

So if i dedice to get a 1080 ti with an i5 , it won´t bottleneck? I discarded the 1080 ti for that reason. I will play on a 1080p monitor , also planning to use the DSR to play in 2k. I don't feel that i need a 4k monitor .

Completely depends on what you are doing. If you achieve a GPU bottleneck then the cpu won't bottleneck the gpu. The i5 with a 1070 is a good match up. The 1080ti with an i5 would be bottlenecking more often for sure but it really depends. If you paired it with a locked i7 you would get better results for sure but again it is very dependant on the game and the settings. At 1080 the monitor will likely be the bottleneck before anything else Tbh. 

10 minutes ago, FedePc17 said:

http://www.gamersnexus.net/hwreviews/2875-amd-r5-1600x-1500x-review-fading-i5-argument/page-4 so in this review they also have numbers for the i5 in games compared to i7 and a whole host of other processors so you can look at how much the i5 is going to bottleneck a 1080. now granted this is a 1080 and not a 1080ti but alot of the games seem to be around the point where you are going to start to hit a monitor limitation anyways. i am going to try to find a review that uses a 1080ti or titan x.

16 minutes ago, FedePc17 said:

https://www.kotaku.com.au/2017/04/amd-ryzen-5-1600x-1500x-cpu-review-a-fantastic-alternative-to-intel/ so this review uses a titan x pascal which should be around the same performance as the 1080ti. this should give you a better idea of how much the cpu would bottleneck the gpu. they have both the 7500 and the 7600k so yours would preform somewhere between the two probably closer to the 7600k.