Can I install a 2.5" hard drive of 15mm of height on the Fractal Design Node 202?

RRGT19

Case: http://www.fractal-design.com/home/product/cases/node-series/node-202

The Seagate 5TB 2.5" has 15mm of height and I don't know if the hard drive will fit inside of the HDD cage on this case.

Any idea?.

Hard drive info:

Seagate 5TB Barracuda Sata 6GB/s 128MB Cache 2.5-Inch 15mm

Height (mm/in): 15/0.59, Width (mm/in): 69.85/2.750, Depth (mm/in): 100.35/3.951

Link: https://www.amazon.com/Seagate-Barracuda-2-5-Inch-Internal-ST5000LM000/dp/B01M0AADIX/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1493316933&sr=8-1&keywords=ST5000LM000

innerpsu1.jpg

innerssd.jpg

The bracket in the picture is for SSDs not HDDs.

I think if you use a really small GPU it'll fit. You'd have to look up the exact specifications.

Better dead than Red.

Pheonix

---------------

CPU: i5 2500k @ 4.6ghz Mobo: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 RAM: G.Skill 16gb of DDR3 @ 1600mhz GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 6gb Extreme Gaming PSU: EVGA 700B Storage: 480GB SP SSD and a 960GB Ultra II Sandisk. Cooler: Cryorig H7 Case: Phanteks P400. 

I would say yes looking at the pictures, I have also found a post on reddit of someone else asking the same sort of question which also say that it should fit depending on the size of your graphics card 

Edited by zak rooley
GPU

Edit: For OP. The website states the maximum height you can use: 2 - 2.5″ SSD unit positions (height limitation 10.5mm)

1 minute ago, JR8 said:

I think if you use a really small GPU it'll fit. You'd have to look up the exact specifications.

OP wants to use a 2.5" HDD, you know, the same size for SSDs.

Just now, JR8 said:

I mentioned hard drive of 2.5 inches...............

that cage support ssd and hdd of 2.5" as well

1 minute ago, M.Yurizaki said:

Ahh my bad thanks. It should fit fine then.

Better dead than Red.

Pheonix

---------------

CPU: i5 2500k @ 4.6ghz Mobo: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 RAM: G.Skill 16gb of DDR3 @ 1600mhz GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 6gb Extreme Gaming PSU: EVGA 700B Storage: 480GB SP SSD and a 960GB Ultra II Sandisk. Cooler: Cryorig H7 Case: Phanteks P400. 

Just now, zak rooley said:

I would say yes looking at the pictures, I have also found a post on reddit of someone else asking the same sort of question which also say that it should fit. 

yeah but I want to confirm the information before my purchase.

Just now, M.Yurizaki said:

yeah, 5TB 2.5", this case doesn't support 3.5" hard drives.

Just now, JR8 said:

Ahh my bad thanks. It should fit fine then.

some users said that the maximum height for hard drives is 14mm but, fractal design doesn't mention anything about it int he manual of the case.

I want to confirm the information before my purchase.

;(

Just now, M.Yurizaki said:

I have a feeling my edit was missed (as is the case, so no worries). Fractal's site stated the maximum height allowed for the SSD drive cage: 2 - 2.5″ SSD unit positions (height limitation 10.5mm)

damn.. so, it won't fit, the 2.5" HDD has 15mm of height

:( bad luck for me

• 11 months later...

I know OP has given conclusion a year back, but I was actually able to fit thicker 2.5 HDD than what Node 202 specified as one of the bay has much more room. 

5 hours ago, josephkim626 said:

I know OP has given conclusion a year back, but I was actually able to fit thicker 2.5 HDD than what Node 202 specified as one of the bay has much more room. 

hi. were you able to fit a 15mm barracuda? possibly any pic?

• 1 month later...

The official answer is No but you can squeeze one in albeit improperly. I was able to fit the 15mm drive in the right side with an additional 7mm drive on the left side. The top screw of the hard drive metal housing can no longer screw in. it miss-aligns about 1mm, Only the left side of the metal holding can slide into the feet holders. However it's so packed in there with cables I'm not worried about the housing moving out of place. I put some tape just in case, it's probably not necessary. 

BTW, you can't mount the hard drive on the outside of hard drive housing either. There are outdents on the housing to prevent that.

IMG_4519.thumb.jpg.8f7f36304d4a8438039961a967626ac2.jpg

is that Housing that covers the drives even necessary? it seems to have no purpose except to cover and hold the drives.. without that maybe your OK ? if you buy from retailer with good return s policy, you can tr it and see ...