Possible keyboard and mouse upgrade suggestions

Timbs
Go to solution Solved by Timbs,

Update: I decided to go with the Corsair K55 RGB keyboard, and the  Steelseries Rival 100 for the mouse. While I was on Amazon I thought "Might as well pick myself up a new headset too". I decided to go with the Sades SA-810 white camo headset. I want to thank you all for the great suggestions. Let me know if you have any questions regarding my choices.

I need (want) a new keyboard and mouse. Mostly a mouse. I currently use the Tecknet M002, and I do like it, but it constantly stutters. I want to know your guys' preferences on mice. I mostly use controllers for gaming, but have been getting into CSGO. I don't want to spend $794 on a mouse either. $35-40 at tops. I have been looking into the Razer Deathadder Chroma, or the Essential. With keyboards, I prefer a cheap one too. I do not care for mechanical keys. I need it to have a number pad. And preferably some macros. If they have any LEDs, they should be either able to be turned off, or changed to white. Same with mouse, I do not want to spend very much. Maybe $50 for this one.

CPU: Intel Core i5 2400 GPU: MSi GTX 1050 Ti 4GT OC RAM: 14GB DDR3 (3x2GB, 1x8GB) Mobo: Acer MB.GAU07.001 Case: Gateway DX4860 PSU: EVGA 600W Bronze Plus

11 hours ago, lw88 said:

Any membrane keyboard will do, just stick with what you have, it will be exactly as good as any other.

As for the mouse the deathadder is a good choice if it fits your hand well. I'd suggest going to a local shop to try some out so you know what kind of shape you like.

There's kind of a problem with going to a shop. There are none. All of the stores near me only sell cheap cheap Logitech M223's. They really need to open a Micro Center up in the PNW.

CPU: Intel Core i5 2400 GPU: MSi GTX 1050 Ti 4GT OC RAM: 14GB DDR3 (3x2GB, 1x8GB) Mobo: Acer MB.GAU07.001 Case: Gateway DX4860 PSU: EVGA 600W Bronze Plus

22 hours ago, lw88 said:

In that case how big are your hands and what mouse grip do you use?

Mouse grip? I just hold it lightly, except for the sides in which I have a firm hold of. Also my fingers are like tree stumps, but my hands are of decent size.

17 hours ago, a e s t h e t i c a s said:

Mouse grip? I just hold it lightly, except for the sides in which I have a firm hold of. Also my fingers are like tree stumps, but my hands are of decent size.

Looks like fingertip to me...

Steelseries Rival 100 or Ozone Neon would do you good for cheap price.

Maybe Logitech G102 / 201 too. (if you claw-grip)

Rival and Logitech are RGB mice btw.

5 hours ago, Twister said:

Steelseries Rival 100 or Ozone Neon would do you good for cheap price.

Maybe Logitech G102 / 201 too. (if you claw-grip)

Rival and Logitech are RGB mice btw.

I was heavily considering the Rival 100. I just need to wait until the white one comes back into stock.

21 hours ago, lw88 said:

I would recommend investigating the way you hold the mouse toward the base of your palm. If you grip it tightly in that area, or toward the pad, the rival 100's straight edges may dig into your skin and cause the mouse to be uncomfortable for extended use.

I kind of rest but lightly grip my palm, and extend my fingers over the clickers cause I use a very small mouse right now. I put my palm more mid mouse, so my palm goes nowhere near the mousepad.

2 hours ago, lw88 said:

Bumping to say I was wrong about ozone. The 3k uses the pixart 3320, and the m50 uses the pixart 3310. Both are very good optical sensors.

Which doesnt matter in Neon 3k´s case as the Firmware is utter crap, its Max Tracking Speed is around 1.5m/s, so basically half of what it should be.

Update: I decided to go with the Corsair K55 RGB keyboard, and the  Steelseries Rival 100 for the mouse. While I was on Amazon I thought "Might as well pick myself up a new headset too". I decided to go with the Sades SA-810 white camo headset. I want to thank you all for the great suggestions. Let me know if you have any questions regarding my choices.