Tired of wasting soo much money on canned air

I am so sick of buying cans of air. Is that Datavac gimmick any good, or worth it?

buy small aircompressor and profit hard?

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Buy a $40 air compressor

01010010 01101111 01100010  01001101 01100001 01100011 01010010 01100001 01100101

Just now, Bananasplit_00 said:

buy small aircompressor and profit hard?

I've thought about a compressor. What about the condensation or whatever?

Just now, JoshGreen89 said:

I've thought about a compressor. What about the condensation or whatever?

im pretty sure there isnt going to be much more then from a can, sure a bit maybe but just let it sit un powered for an hour and everything should be good to go

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

buy a air compressor

I want to buy one too.. so tag me when you find a good one :P 

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

Condensation on a small compressor won't be a problem unless you use it continuously for long periods of time. If you do use it for long periods of time, the water can build up, but theres usually a drain system in place I think.

DELETE! DELETE!

EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE!

Silence will fall.

PSU Tier List - I keep forgetting where this is so I'm going to leave it here.

31 minutes ago, JoshGreen89 said:

I am so sick of buying cans of air. Is that Datavac gimmick any good, or worth it?

Used it in my past job. Works superb well. My only complained is that it is loud.

It has excellent reviews on Amazon.

Air compressors are fine. Even Shop Vacs under blow setting are decent for lots of dust. May not be as detailed as using a can or compressor, but works for systems that haven't been cleaned in awhile.

Is it worth buying canned air solely for the keyboard though?

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

glad i have one of those big round compressors from home depot. i can blast air as much as i like during spring cleaning.

Get a compressor ment for airbrushing. Might be a bit more expensive than general compressors but they usually have even filter or dryer for condense (remember paying around 70£ for a airbrush kit with compressor with moisture trap and filter, airbrush and accessories few years back).

Hahahaha what the the fuck... I thought you were buying grocery cans than only had air in them.

Realized you're talking about compression air cans till I read the comments. :D

I can also recommend buying a cheap electric leaf blower. I receive dusty old PCs that I have to repair quite frequently, and using a cheap electric leaf blower works just as good as an air compressor, but also seems to be much faster.

Check out this one: https://www.amazon.com/Greenworks-24012-Single-Electric-Blower/dp/B0030BG1CC/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1492904755&sr=8-4&keywords=battery+leaf+blower

I've been using a datavac for years. Way better than canned air. Just be sure to hold fan blades when cleaning them and clean the filter on the bottom before use each time. They have been known to catch fire when being used for a long period of time with a blocked up filter. 

Where I live, air-compressors are much too likely to collect/dispense condensation.  Pretty much any time I use my compressor there is moisture, may not seem like it but hold the nozzle 1" away from a dry piece of wood and let it blow out, 99% of the time there will be water left behind.  By the time you buy a good compressor and filter unit, then you've spent way more than a datavac and are still taking unnecessary risk.  If you're tired of canned air then get a purpose built machine to clean your nice PC parts.  Buy an air compressor anyways cause they are a great tool to have around, but not for cleaning high end PC parts......

LTT Community Standards                                               Welcome!-A quick guide for new members to LTT

Man's Machine- i7-7700k@5.0GHz / Asus M8H / GTX 1080Ti / 4x4gb Gskill 3000 CL15  / Custom loop / 240gb Intel SSD / 3tb HDD / Corsair RM1000x / Dell S2716DG

The Lady's Rig- G3258@4.4GHz(1.39v) on Hyper 212 / Gigabyte GA-B85M / gtx750 / 8gb PNY xlr8 / 500gb seagate HDD / CS 450M / Asus PB277Q

Get an air compressor.

I have an air compressor and live in Southwest Florida which is quite humid and can say I never have problems with excess condensation in my pc- if moisture comes, it comes in tiny spurts which quickly dry under the blast of air. I don't use a water separator at the moment because I broke mine. If the air remains in the tank for a while it will mostly condense in tank and collect on the bottom, so just keep the tank full. Air-fluid separators can be found for less than ten bucks if you're still squeemish, and are generally a good investment anyway if you plan on using the compressor for other things like compressed air tools, airbrushes, getting that perfect photo to advertise your glorious hair, etc.

Air compressors are a really great tool to have in general due to their versatility. They are super simple machines so even cheapo ones from Harbor Freight will last many years with proper maintenance, which consists of oiling it (if necessary, some are "lube free") and draining the water from the bottom occasionally which takes literally 2 minutes if it's a big tank. More expensive ones will generally provide the benefits of being lighter, quieter, and easier to operate. I guess I should also mention I have a lot of experience with compressors and tools in general; I did home construction and then equipment maintenance for a groundskeeping and structure maintenance crew until about 4 years ago when i got my cushy hospital job. Though don't take my word for it, there are a lot of good resources for compressor info, especially on forums for carpentry or mechanics.

tl;dr I use a compressor for dust with no issues, they're great all around tools, it's safe to buy a cheap one.

I hope you found this useful.