Raid 1 with BIOS or Windows 10

davidst95

Hi, I have two 6TB drives that I would like to put in Raid 1 (Mirror).   I have a Gigabyte X370 motherboard.   I was wondering if it would best to do a RAID1 in the BIOS or mirror the drives in Windows 10 with Disk Management.    Thanks.

David

Windows. 

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

You sure you want raid?

Id just use one, and have it sync it to the other with a backup program. That will be much better data wise than a raid 1, as you can use it for incremintal backups so you don't lose files that you deleted.

Hi, thanks for the quick response.  I will try to mirror the drives Windows for awhile and see how it goes.  I have True Image and automatically make backups of my OS drive to my HHDs.   I

David

Just now, davidst95 said:

Hi, thanks for the quick response.  I will try to mirror the drives Windows for awhile and see how it goes.  I have True Image and automatically make backups of my OS drive to my HHDs.   I

David

Your probably better of getting one of those hdds as a external hdd and unpluging it when its not syncing if you care more about your data.