Need help, no internet through Ethernet port

cdominic3

Was browsing on my PC when the internet suddenly disappeared, but WiFi was still working. I've tried rebooting the router, tried enabling/disabling Ethernet port. Also tried restarting the PC, tried using a different cable, tried disabling anti-viruses that were running. Nothing seemed to fix it.

do you have any other device you could try this with. maybe plug in a laptop and see if that works?

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

What error are you getting? Please elaborate on "the internet suddenly disappeared"?

-KuJoe

2 minutes ago, KuJoe said:

What error are you getting? Please elaborate on "the internet suddenly disappeared"?

LMFAO it literally just disappeared. I'm not new to PC, I wouldn't be here if I weren't already stumped to death.

7 minutes ago, RadiatingLight said:

do you have any other device you could try this with. maybe plug in a laptop and see if that works?

Connected laptop through ethernet port, no connection, but now laptop's wifi doesn't have internet.

Just now, cdominic3 said:

LMFAO it literally just disappeared. I'm not new to PC, I wouldn't be here if I weren't already stumped to death.

We need more details if you want help. I can give you dozens of solutions but they would all be for different problems so in order to avoid breaking your PC any further I'd rather not give you the wrong "fixes".

-KuJoe

try redownloading your network drivers. That usually fixes 80% of my audio and network issues

It's fine now. I don't even want to fucking know what's happening.

2 minutes ago, cdominic3 said:

It's fine now. I don't even want to fucking know what's happening.

Sounds like the actual connection to the ISP was down for a moment. Either that or the router was doing a soft restart which kept the WiFi on to connect, but no internet access.