Will most gta 3 + VC mods work with the steam version of those games?

Theminecraftaddict555

I am planning to buy the gta 3 and vice city on steam for nostalgia and also for modding fun purposes..Will most mods conflict with the steam version or will they more or likely work fine?

Don't call me a nerd, it makes me look slightly smarter than you

26 minutes ago, Theminecraftaddict555 said:

I am planning to buy the gta 3 and vice city on steam for nostalgia and also for modding fun purposes..Will most mods conflict with the steam version or will they more or likely work fine?

I've never had trouble with Modding on Steam (Oblivion, Skyrim, KotOR etc). It's just more of a pain to find the folders.

There is enough youth in this world, how about a fountain of smart?

Just now, crzyces said:

I've never had trouble with Modding on Steam (Oblivion, Skyrim, KotOR etc). It's just more of a pain to find the folders.

And you would expect the same to work on gta 3 and VC? 

If so, then that would be very troublesome assumption

The best way to see is mod gameplay in the steam version. What mods were you looking into being played?

3 minutes ago, Theminecraftaddict555 said:

And you would expect the same to work on gta 3 and VC? 

If so, then that would be very troublesome assumption

I expect them to work more often than not. Worst case scenario is it does not work and the files are removed/disabled. If it's for multi-player, make sure you are logging into a mod approved server, as that is a quick multi day ban at minimum, lifetime ban at worst, even if it is just cosmetic.

A troubling assumption is my 7 year old son may end up on a Minecraft server with you someday ;) .

24 minutes ago, xyameax said:

The best way to see is mod gameplay in the steam version. What mods were you looking into being played?

cleo autosave mod + any non-retextured gun/vehicle related mod

8 minutes ago, crzyces said:

I expect them to work more often than not. Worst case scenario is it does not work and the files are removed/disabled. If it's for multi-player, make sure you are logging into a mod approved server, as that is a quick multi day ban at minimum, lifetime ban at worst, even if it is just cosmetic.

A troubling assumption is my 7 year old son may end up on a Minecraft server with you someday ;) .

Doesn't happen in gta 3 and its for offline purposes..I don't think gta 3 and vc even has an official online

I personally wouldn't start assuming every steam game is going to work with most retail mods on the bat, especially when you see how oblivion acts with obse on the steam version of that game..

Just now, Theminecraftaddict555 said:

Doesn't happen in gta 3 and its for offline purposes..I don't think gta 3 and vc even has an official online

I personally wouldn't start assuming every steam game is going to work with most retail mods on the bat, especially when you see how oblivion acts with obse on the steam version of that game..

I don't assume they all do. I don't assume they all do on physically installed games. I've never had any issue with any Bethesda mods on Steam. I did have a fight with a Deus Ex mod. The online statement was just a general warning, as some people honestly don't know. My 13 year old cousin got a skin mod for CS and was banned for 6 months. I felt awful.

40 minutes ago, crzyces said:

I don't assume they all do. I don't assume they all do on physically installed games. I've never had any issue with any Bethesda mods on Steam. I did have a fight with a Deus Ex mod. The online statement was just a general warning, as some people honestly don't know. My 13 year old cousin got a skin mod for CS and was banned for 6 months. I felt awful.

But the games we are talking about are not related to bethesda at all? That's the part where you are confusing me with..You list and say that you have never had any troubles modding on steam in games that we aren't even discussing in this thread...

Please re-elaborate

Just now, Theminecraftaddict555 said:

But the games we are talking about are not related to bethesda at all? That's the part where you are confusing me with..You list and say that you have never had any troubles modding on steam in games that we aren't even discussing in this thread...

Please re-elaborate

What are you like 17? Obviously they aren't Bethesda games.

I'll talk as if I were speaking with a 4 year old.

All mods do not work with every game. In Steam it is sometimes more difficult (that means harder) to find the correct folder to put the mod files in.

The only way to find out, on your system, is to download the mod, and place the files in the proper (that means right) folder. Be sure to follow the directions in the text file. If you need help, just ask your mom, dad, older brother etc.

Try to start the game to see if the mod worked or not. You may want to print the text file in the mod out to refer to (that means to look at) if you are having trouble with anything.

Best of luck.

Are we cordial now superfly?

13 hours ago, crzyces said:

What are you like 17? Obviously they aren't Bethesda games.

I'll talk as if I were speaking with a 4 year old.

All mods do not work with every game. In Steam it is sometimes more difficult (that means harder) to find the correct folder to put the mod files in.

The only way to find out, on your system, is to download the mod, and place the files in the proper (that means right) folder. Be sure to follow the directions in the text file. If you need help, just ask your mom, dad, older brother etc.

Try to start the game to see if the mod worked or not. You may want to print the text file in the mod out to refer to (that means to look at) if you are having trouble with anything.

Best of luck.

Are we cordial now superfly?

No not really, just my mind doesn't click as well as others...Thanks for trying though

To what i was getting at "I've never had trouble with Modding on Steam (Oblivion, Skyrim, KotOR etc). It's just more of a pain to find the folders." I have no problems with your experience...It just makes it look like it was,to me, an assumption that modding steam games with their "retail" mods would be fine prior to your experience except finding the proper folders. However when in such cases it exactly isn't..Especially after researching CLEO mod compatibility with gta 3 steam << It has issues

Now of course, I don't want to spend 10+ dollars on a steam game and realize that more than half of my wanted mods (mostly from retail gta 3+VC) don't even work..While i don't mind playing the single player, the big part about me buying those games are the mods that add replay-ability <<So me testing out the mods and placing them in the right folder is out of the question for now