Laptop idle temps after bitcoin miner virus

Hi!

I have a fairly new laptop, and I got a bitcoin miner virus recently. After a bit of a fight (around 2 days) I managed to get rid of it, but since then my idle temps are kinda high. Nothing life threatening, but still bothers me a lot. So i get around 55-60 c on idle, when nothing is running. It does manage to keep it here or even a bit under if it isn't on the table or have some support in ventilation. I did take it apart and clean everything from the dust, but the 55-60 is what I get. Even turned off the discrete video card.

Help :D

Specs:

Acer aspire v5

i5 6300hq

GTX 950m

12 gb RAM (4 from factory)

250 m.2 SSD (upgrade)

1 tb HD

Thanks!

Sounds like the problem is still there. If I were you, i'd wipe everything completely clean.

2 minutes ago, mcfly said:

Sounds like the problem is still there. If I were you, i'd wipe everything completely clean.

I haven't done that yet, I was also thinking of reapplying the thermal paste, warranty is broken anyway. Thoughts? 

1 minute ago, huilun02 said:

He meant to format the system entirely, and do a fresh Windows install.

Not completely get the idea.. How you do that? I mean other than format the drive and reinstalling windows.

1 minute ago, Balazs.zakany said:

Not completely get the idea.. How you do that? I mean other than format the drive and reinstalling windows.

Thanks for the reply btw!

1 minute ago, huilun02 said:

Yup that

Okay, than. If this is what you guys say. So no messing with the thermal paste?

Thanks

11 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

Yup that

If idle temps are high, it means the CPU is doing some work. The virus might still be there but masking the CPU load. Check the idle clock speed and power draw to see if its different from before. The virus might not have masked those symptoms.

I did check them out now. Nothing unusual. Used project explorer to see if anything is using it a lot. nope

I forgot, but this was before I upgraded to SSD. So I guess I'm already after a formating everything.