I am building a new PC soon and I'm getting a Ryzen 5 1600X

I'm not sure wether to getr a Hyper 212 EVO LED thingo

or 

a D14

212 EVO is $59

D14 is $109 + $15 for AM4 mounting kit

is the price difference worth it?

thanks

My PC Specs: CPU: Core i5 4590 @ stock speeds, GPU: RX 480 8GB, RAM: 16GB DDR3 @1600mhz

Case: Zalman ZM-T4,Motherboard: GigaByte GA-H81M-S2H LGA 1150, HDD/SSD: 2TB Seagate Expansion drive, 1TB Samsung Portable HDD, 160gb Intel SSD, PSU: 550w corsair cxm

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: 

Ryzen is not tempreature limited in it's overclocking, thus a single 120mm cooler should be enough. You might however consider the 1600 instead, as both will hit about 4Ghz as a hardwall. The current Ryzen lottery is between 3.9 to 4.2, mostly around 4.0 and 4.1.

1 minute ago, Snooli said:

Ryzen is not tempreature limited in it's overclocking, thus a single 120mm cooler should be enough. You might however consider the 1600 instead, as both will hit about 4Ghz as a hardwall. The current Ryzen lottery is between 3.9 to 4.2, mostly around 4.0 and 4.1.

I'm gonna stick with the 1600X because I can and it's not that much more than a 1600

The 212 Evo thing is fine then? :)

My PC Specs: CPU: Core i5 4590 @ stock speeds, GPU: RX 480 8GB, RAM: 16GB DDR3 @1600mhz

Case: Zalman ZM-T4,Motherboard: GigaByte GA-H81M-S2H LGA 1150, HDD/SSD: 2TB Seagate Expansion drive, 1TB Samsung Portable HDD, 160gb Intel SSD, PSU: 550w corsair cxm

Just now, XplosiveNoctua99 said:

I'm gonna stick with the 1600X because I can and it's not that much more than a 1600

The 212 Evo thing is fine then? :)

yup

You can get free mounting kit for any Noctua fan. Just contact their support with copy of your receipt.

Anyway, thats quite cap between those coolers. One being budget and other highest end. Have you looked at options in between? Like U12S/U14S? Or be Quiet! and Cryorig coolers?

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

3 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

You can get free mounting kit for any Noctua fan. Just contact their support with copy of your receipt.

Anyway, thats quite cap between those coolers. One being budget and other highest end. Have you looked at options in between? Like U12S/U14S? Or be Quiet! and Cryorig coolers?

Wait, noctua do mounting kits for which? Many chassis will not require modifications in order to fit of a certain fan witthin, thus I question as to what would be the point of that product. Do you mean socket mounting adapters? 

Kind regards,

-EnergyEclipse

I once did the unthinkable, back many headphones ago...

I split an audio split, again

1 hour ago, EnergyEclipse said:

Wait, noctua do mounting kits for which? Many chassis will not require modifications in order to fit of a certain fan witthin, thus I question as to what would be the point of that product. Do you mean socket mounting adapters? 

Kind regards,

-EnergyEclipse

I meant for the cooler. Was writing that in hurry.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

There's no 212 Evo LED. The 212 LED is a variant of the 212 Plus which is older and worse than the newer 212 Evo heatsink design with heatpipes that aren't spaced as far apart. 

Why are you looking at these two coolers in particular? They're not in the same tier. Their designs are also pretty old and outpaced by other coolers.

Some good alternatives depending on how much you prefer to spend include the 

212x: http://au.pcpartpicker.com/product/PJYXsY/cooler-master-cpu-cooler-rr212x20pmr1

SR Slim: http://au.pcpartpicker.com/product/Zr2kcf/be-quiet-cpu-cooler-bk010

NH-U14S: http://au.pcpartpicker.com/product/DMjG3C/noctua-cpu-cooler-nhu14s

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

On 14/04/2017 at 1:39 PM, WoodenMarker said:

There's no 212 Evo LED. The 212 LED is a variant of the 212 Plus which is older and worse than the newer 212 Evo heatsink design with heatpipes that aren't spaced as far apart. 

Why are you looking at these two coolers in particular? They're not in the same tier. Their designs are also pretty old and outpaced by other coolers.

Some good alternatives depending on how much you prefer to spend include the 

212x: http://au.pcpartpicker.com/product/PJYXsY/cooler-master-cpu-cooler-rr212x20pmr1

SR Slim: http://au.pcpartpicker.com/product/Zr2kcf/be-quiet-cpu-cooler-bk010

NH-U14S: http://au.pcpartpicker.com/product/DMjG3C/noctua-cpu-cooler-nhu14s

Its the 212 Turbo... it has LED Fans and comes with native AM4 Support

On 13/04/2017 at 9:06 PM, LoGiCalDrm said:

Be Quiet was one that i Looked at and apparently the mounting system is awful...

and Cryorig ones are not AM4 compatible atm.

2 hours ago, XplosiveNoctua99 said:

Be Quiet was one that i Looked at and apparently the mounting system is awful...

and Cryorig ones are not AM4 compatible atm.

http://www.cryorig.com/getam4.php

But still, why compare two coolers which are the opposite ends of the scale?

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Just now, LoGiCalDrm said:

http://www.cryorig.com/getam4.php

But still, why compare two coolers which are the opposite ends of the scale?

No, I was asking if the big price difference was worth it

Just now, XplosiveNoctua99 said:

Well, that depends what you are aiming for. For higher OC, yes. With Ryzen, maybe mid level OC also yes. For just basic cooling power, no.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

19 hours ago, XplosiveNoctua99 said:

Its the 212 Turbo... it has LED Fans and comes with native AM4 Support

It's effectively a 212 LED with an extra fan and accessories. The only advantage it has is the native AM4 support although the coolers I linked would be better choices if you don't mind waiting a little bit for the mounting hardware from the manufacturer.

16 hours ago, XplosiveNoctua99 said:

It depends on what you're looking for in a cooler. Neither are optimal since there are better and/or cheaper options available.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

7 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

It's effectively a 212 LED with an extra fan and accessories. The only advantage it has is the native AM4 support although the coolers I linked would be better choices if you don't mind waiting a little bit for the mounting hardware from the manufacturer.

It depends on what you're looking for in a cooler. Neither are optimal since there are better and/or cheaper options available.

Do you know much about the Be Quiet Pure Rock ?

i really don't know why you looking at those coolers. aside from the big variance in their price range, they aren't even that great in their class category as of 2017. Try looking up some reviews of other coolers within the last year because your picks been beat by less costly/newer models. 

12 minutes ago, Bcat00 said:

i really don't know why you looking at those coolers. aside from the big variance in their price range, they aren't even that great in their class category as of 2017. Try looking up some reviews of other coolers within the last year because your picks been beat by less costly/newer models. 

Australia doesn't have much of a choice

13 hours ago, XplosiveNoctua99 said:

Do you know much about the Be Quiet Pure Rock ?

It performs similarly to the 212 Evo but is much quieter. I don't think there's support for AM4 with it though.