Slim 120mm fan suggestions?

VioDuskar

does anyone know of any good 120mm fans that are slimmer than 25mm deep and are good for radiators?

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

Just now, VioDuskar said:

does anyone know of any good 120mm fans that are slimmer than 25mm deep and are good for radiators?

There aren't a lot of good thin fans out there, but going off of the values given the Colermaster ones tend to be fairly good at pressure while not being too loud.

http://www.coolermaster.com/cooling/case-fan/xtraflo-120-slim/

14 minutes ago, W-L said:

There aren't a lot of good thin fans out there, but going off of the values given the Colermaster ones tend to be fairly good at pressure while not being too loud.

http://www.coolermaster.com/cooling/case-fan/xtraflo-120-slim/

i don't really care about the sound, i just want all my stuff to fit in my case. and they're sleeves :(

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

14 minutes ago, VioDuskar said:

i don't really care about the sound, i just want all my stuff to fit in my case. and they're sleeves :(

Yes most are as it's not a commonly requested fan, Silverstone and Gelid are two other options which are good:

http://silverstonetek.com/product.php?pid=499&area=en

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835705067

Just now, W-L said:

Yes most are as it's not a commonly requested fan, Silverstone and Gelid are two other options which are good:

http://silverstonetek.com/product.php?pid=499&area=en

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835705067

thoughts on this? 

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=1YF-0017-00003

3 minutes ago, W-L said:

ID cooling makes some good stuff, but it's designed as an airflow fan so it won't have very good pressure if it's placed on a rad. 

the ID seems like it's got a better CFM and bearing than anything else, and i guess the runner up would be the GELID, but it's pretty ugly. not that anyone will see it. 

that GELID doesn't look like it's a pressure fan anymore than the ID.

1 minute ago, VioDuskar said:

the ID seems like it's got a better CFM and bearing than anything else, and i guess the runner up would be the GELID, but it's pretty ugly. not that anyone will see it. 

For radiators you want pressure not CFM to force air through the fin array, it's a balance between the two if pressure goes up the CFM goes down. 

1 minute ago, W-L said:

For radiators you want pressure not CFM to force air through the fin array, it's a balance between the two if pressure goes up the CFM goes down. 

I understand that, but that means you're assuming that it's got better pressure just because the CFM is low.

4 minutes ago, VioDuskar said:

I understand that, but that means you're assuming that it's got better pressure just because the CFM is low.

It doesn't have a pressure rating and is stated as an airflow type fans, there are fans that are well designed for both but very few. 

Just now, W-L said:

It doesn't have a pressure rating and is stated as an airflow type fans, there are fans that are well designed for both but very few. 

well, thanks for the help.