S340 120mm radiator clearance

My plan is to upgrade soon and I was thinking to get SeaHawk or Hybrid cooled cards in SLI. I love the S340 Elite but I can't get a solid answer if I could fit a radiator in the top/back slots at the same time. Looks like my only concern is motherboard spacing from the top radiator. Example motherboard, I'd like something along the lines of Gigabyte Z270 Gaming 5. Would this work or will I need to keep case shopping? Is SLI still worth it or should I just get one and go ITX?

Thanks

56 minutes ago, PumaXCS said:

My plan is to upgrade soon and I was thinking to get SeaHawk or Hybrid cooled cards in SLI. I love the S340 Elite but I can't get a solid answer if I could fit a radiator in the top/back slots at the same time. Looks like my only concern is motherboard spacing from the top radiator. Example motherboard, I'd like something along the lines of Gigabyte Z270 Gaming 5. Would this work or will I need to keep case shopping? Is SLI still worth it or should I just get one and go ITX?

Thanks

In theory you should be able to, I think the bigger issue will be RAM clearance with the top rad, as i dont believe it was intended to hold a radiator. I've seen push/pull in the back and it looked like it still had enough clearance for a top fan, so on the off chance a top rad fits, as long as you do one fan each you should be good :)

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

7 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

In theory you should be able to, I think the bigger issue will be RAM clearance with the top rad, as i dont believe it was intended to hold a radiator. I've seen push/pull in the back and it looked like it still had enough clearance for a top fan, so on the off chance a top rad fits, as long as you do one fan each you should be good :)

Huh. I can't believe after all this time looking I never noticed that 3/4 RAM modules are covered by the fan slot. I was going to get Vengeance LPX or LED so guess that means the LPX is my best bet. I'm still waiting for Vega to make my final decision so I have some time to view other options for hardware and cases. Really like the look of the Mini C. Thanks

8 hours ago, PumaXCS said:

Huh. I can't believe after all this time looking I never noticed that 3/4 RAM modules are covered by the fan slot. I was going to get Vengeance LPX or LED so guess that means the LPX is my best bet. I'm still waiting for Vega to make my final decision so I have some time to view other options for hardware and cases. Really like the look of the Mini C. Thanks

The Mini C is a great option especially since fractal design expects people to water cool at some point, so their top mounts support 360 and i think in some case 420mm rads (Thought the mini C might only have a 240 and 280 due to shortness) Sadly FD hasnt released a tempered glass side panel :(

If you like the S340, but want the space for the ram slots in the top, I would suggest looking at the P400s Tempered Glass since it actually has two top fan slots and the father front one is away from the memory so you should be able to fit a 120mm in that slot (plus it comes with a dust filter. You could also ask @Zusafek what the top mount to RAM clearance is, because he has a couple different versions of this case.

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

5 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

The Mini C is a great option especially since fractal design expects people to water cool at some point, so their top mounts support 360 and i think in some case 420mm rads (Thought the mini C might only have a 240 and 280 due to shortness) Sadly FD hasnt released a tempered glass side panel :(

If you like the S340, but want the space for the ram slots in the top, I would suggest looking at the P400s Tempered Glass since it actually has two top fan slots and the father front one is away from the memory so you should be able to fit a 120mm in that slot (plus it comes with a dust filter. You could also ask @Zusafek what the top mount to RAM clearance is, because he has a couple different versions of this case.

While I appreciate the suggestion to the P400 I have a 750D currently and am trying to get away from larger cases (+450mm). While the P400 isn't big per say I'm looking for something as close to mATX as possible for desk space reasons (upgraded to a 21:9 and with both of those on my desk its tight). I've also got a custom loop and love the cooling and looks but not a fan of all the responsibilities, when I was a part-time student I had the time to constantly tinker but now full time employed I'd prefer to have the ease of use without letting go of those temps the AIO gives. I'd want to just have an mATX but options for it are slim to none that its borderline useless, which is why I'm also considering if 2 GPU's is worth it or just go with the much smaller case.

Thanks for all your help. It may not have given me the yes or no I aimed for but I'm a lot closer to the answer than I was.

2 minutes ago, PumaXCS said:

-SNIP-

Well the P400 is the same size as the S340, so thats why I suggested it.