Transfering my licenced games to another account on steam

Good day everyone,

I would like to ask you some questions regarding "Transferring my licenced games to another account on steam" would this process be played on another account on steam? especially I bought them for myself and it has a licenced keys exclusively for myself.

because in my understanding that when you bought  offline games like (ex. Metro redox, the witcher, or anything that is offline) on your account so it would be yours and the games could not be played to anyone else, especially when we talk about the CD license or key. am I right.....??

transferring games to another account for instance my friend wants to copy and paste it on his game library on steam(on his computer) because he wants to play what I also had in my library.

for me it is also scary because in every games has a certain owner and a certain CD license or key so if he could get it so he might own the game and if I have the chance to play my games it will ask for a new license...

fire me with your answers.

thank you for your time..

CPU: Athlon X4 880K | Motherboard: MSI A88XM GAMING | RAM: Corsair vengeance 2400mhz 8x2 16gb | Graphics Card: MSI Radeon R9 390x gaming 8g | Case: Armageddon Microton TX1 | SSD: Crucial MX200 520 GB | PSU: EVGA 750 B2 bronse | Cooler: Cooler master V8 GTS | OS : WIN 10 64 home

All you can do with Steam when it comes to game sharing is the Family Sharing plan, which is very restrictive. When you both enable Family Sharing (Steam Family Sharing Article), your libraries are "shared" and only accessible to one person at a time. If you share your 1000 games with your friend who has 5 games, you can each only play any of the 1005 games when the other is not playing. It's so there aren't large accounts with many games that people can buy access to.

TL;DR you cannot move steam game keys.

8 minutes ago, Joseph (Seph) Cabayacruz said:

because in my understanding that when you bought  offline games like (ex. Metro redox, the witcher, or anything that is offline) on your account so it would be yours and the games could not be played to anyone else, especially when we talk about the CD license or key. am I right.....??

In general you are correct. I think it is possible to save your game data and share that with a friend, but all that may do is save them from having to go through the download themselves. They would still have to own the game on their Steam account to actually play it.

http://store.steampowered.com/promotion/familysharing

There is Family Sharing, which I haven't used personally but apparently does allow someone else to play your games through Steam under certain conditions.

Just now, typographie said:

In general you are correct. It is possible to save your game data and share that with a friend, but all that may do is save them from having to go through the download themselves. They would still have to own the game on their Steam account to actually play it.

http://store.steampowered.com/promotion/familysharing

There is Family Sharing, which I haven't used personally but apparently does allow someone else to play your games through Steam under certain conditions.

I use Family Sharing because my brother doesn't have a PC and I do. Since we live together, we're the perfect choice for Family Sharing. If you have a friend with his/her own PC and library and you play together, it is NOT recommended to use Family Sharing.

Technically you do not own the games you bought on steam but rather have a "subscription", as for sharing games it is possible using the sharing method as many others have said but the two of you would not be able to play that same game together.

System

Case- Thermaltake Core V21 / CPU - i7 4790 / GPU - Asus Strix GTX 1070 / Mobo - Gigabyte Z97 mx / Ram - 4x4 gb GSkill Sniper DDR3 1866 / Storage - 2x WD Black 1tb drives, 1x 120gb OCZ SSD / Cooler - Cooler Master TX3 / PSU - EVGA G2 650w / Audio - Sennheiser PC 350 SE / Monitor - Asus 1920X1080 @60hz / Keyboard & Mouse - Cooler Master Devastator II / OS - Windows 10 Enterprise

So technically, we can use steam family sharing if my friend wants to play certain games on my library but we cannot play certain game on the same time? Right. And family sharing which also means that my friend should always go to my house to play games on my library and not at his house right? Because it's localy shared game. 

CPU: Athlon X4 880K | Motherboard: MSI A88XM GAMING | RAM: Corsair vengeance 2400mhz 8x2 16gb | Graphics Card: MSI Radeon R9 390x gaming 8g | Case: Armageddon Microton TX1 | SSD: Crucial MX200 520 GB | PSU: EVGA 750 B2 bronse | Cooler: Cooler master V8 GTS | OS : WIN 10 64 home

6 hours ago, arbellason55 said:

Technically you do not own the games you bought on steam but rather have a "subscription",

Technically, you're completely and utterly wrong and merely spreading FUD.  Licenses on software have always been restrictive, digital distribution simply allows for greater control over that license.  It doesn't mean we don't own it.

Also, not every game on Steam requires Steam to play.  There are a large number that simply use Steam as the distribution source, but will play standalone after downloading.

You can share them, otherwise they are account bound. Also, if steam ever would shut down, your games, your money would all be gone. This of course will be very unlikely to happen in next couple of decades.

My stuff:

Spoiler

CPU :  Intel i5 8400 | GPU : MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4GB

RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @ 3600MHz

Mouse : Logitech G502 HERO SE | Keyboard : Mountain Everest Max w/ Cherry MX Brown

Headset : Beyerdynamics DT990 Pro 250Ω w/ AT2020USB+

Monitor : Acer XF240H @  144Hz

14 hours ago, Underi said:

You can share them, otherwise they are account bound. Also, if steam ever would shut down, your games, your money would all be gone. This of course will be very unlikely to happen in next couple of decades.

There's an official contingency plan but they won't reveal all the details. Mostly revolved, last time I read, around a DRM-free download of your game collection. That said, I'd worry as much about Steam's profitability than the electrical grid. 

Plan B could easily be crowdfunding. There's what, 125 million active users? 

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti