Ryzen system no display after changing ram speed

Hi,

I have a MSI Gaming carbon pro and a 1700x. When I changed the ram speed to 3200 MHz the computer has do display at all. Wt can I do to fix it?

remove the cmos battery; it'll reset the bios back to default.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

isn't there something flaky about the ryzen boards. they won't run 3200 but will run 2997-3000 and then the cut off is 3500? ( nothing between 32 and 35 )??

5 minutes ago, LabRat said:

isn't there something flaky about the ryzen boards. they won't run 3200 but will run 2997-3000 and then the cut off is 3500? ( nothing between 32 and 35 )??

After updating the bios it supports 3200 MHz 

38 minutes ago, herman mcpootis said:

remove the cmos battery; it'll reset the bios back to default.

I tried using the cmos jumper but it doesn't seems to work

20 minutes ago, perrintong said:

I tried using the cmos jumper but it doesn't seems to work

Unplug the power supply, then remove the CMOS battery. Leave it to sit for a minute then reinstall and plug it back in.

What RAM are you using?

2 hours ago, DrMikeNZ said:

Unplug the power supply, then remove the CMOS battery. Leave it to sit for a minute then reinstall and plug it back in.

What RAM are you using?

Trident z 8*2 3200mhz

Just now, perrintong said:

Trident z 8*2 3200mhz

What latency? Many of the Trident Z RAM sticks have had a lot of compatibility issues with Ryzen. If resetting the CMOS allows the system to POST, then try manually setting RAM frequency and latencies. It may take a lot of trial and error and many CMOS resets, but you will need to be patient. I recommend keeping detailed records as you go, run memtest to validate your OC.

If resetting the CMOS does not allow the system to POST, get RAM that is on the motherboards QVL and RMA the Trident Z.

1 hour ago, DrMikeNZ said:

What latency? Many of the Trident Z RAM sticks have had a lot of compatibility issues with Ryzen. If resetting the CMOS allows the system to POST, then try manually setting RAM frequency and latencies. It may take a lot of trial and error and many CMOS resets, but you will need to be patient. I recommend keeping detailed records as you go, run memtest to validate your OC.

If resetting the CMOS does not allow the system to POST, get RAM that is on the motherboards QVL and RMA the Trident Z.

I was already using it before changing the speed of the ram... 

15 minutes ago, perrintong said:

I was already using it before changing the speed of the ram... 

And if clearing the CMOS back to stock gets it working again, it was just the OC compatibility that is an issue. If it does not, it is likely the board cannot initialise the BIOS with that RAM (but may work in a limited capacity after the BIOS is configured with compatible RAM). Worst-case the RAM was bricked (although to my knowledge this has only happened so far to Trident Z RGB RAM).

I have the same board and same issues with OC'ing the ram I'm no expert but get yourself a jumper (Got mine off of a legacy hard drive) power off the computer and unplug for safety, press and hold the power button to discharge residual voltage (again for safety) then just place the jumper on the JBAT1 next to the battery I do this with my fingers no metal tools, it should work I only have to do it for around 10 seconds and it will re-post, it does take a bit longer to do post than a regular boot but it should work if not and as stated you took the battery out it would sound like suggested there is a bigger problem. I don't recommend removing the battery as their mounts are somewhat fragile and repeated removal could loosen the connections.

My daily driver: The Wrath of Red: OS Windows 10 home edition / CPU Ryzen TR4 1950x 3.85GHz / Cooler Master MasterAir MA621P Twin-Tower RGB CPU Air Cooler / PSU Thermaltake Toughpower 750watt / ASRock x399 Taichi / Gskill Flare X 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz / HP 10GB Single Port Mellanox Connectx-2 PCI-E 10GBe NIC / Samsung 512GB 970 pro M.2 / ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 STRIX 8GB / Acer - H236HLbid 23.0" 1920x1080 60Hz Monitor x3

My technology Rig: The wizard: OS Windows 10 home edition / CPU Ryzen R7 1800x 3.95MHz / Corsair H110i / PSU Thermaltake Toughpower 750watt / ASUS CH 6 / Gskill Flare X 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz / HP 10GB Single Port Mellanox Connectx-2 PCI-E 10GBe NIC / 512GB 960 pro M.2 / ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 STRIX 8GB / Acer - H236HLbid 23.0" 1920x1080 60Hz Monitor HP Monitor

My I don't use RigOS Windows 10 home edition / CPU Ryzen 1600x 3.85GHz / Cooler Master MasterAir MA620P Twin-Tower RGB CPU Air Cooler / PSU Thermaltake Toughpower 750watt / MSI x370 Gaming Pro Carbon / Gskill Flare X 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz / Samsung PM961 256GB M.2 PCIe Internal SSDEVGA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti SSC GAMING / Acer - H236HLbid 23.0" 1920x1080 60Hz Monitor

My NAS: The storage miser: OS unRAID v. 6.9.0-beta25 / CPU Intel i7 6700 / Cooler Master MasterWatt Lite 500 Watt 80 Plus / ASUS Maximus viii Hero / 32GB Gskill RipJaw DDR4 3200Mhz / HP Mellanox ConnectX-2 10 GbE PCI-e G2 Dual SFP+ Ported Ethernet HCA NIC / 9 Drives total 29TB - 1 4TB seagate parity - 7 4TB WD Red data - 1 1TB laptop drive data - and 2 240GB Sandisk SSD's cache / Headless

Why did I buy this server: OS unRAID v. 6.9.0-beta25 / Dell R710 enterprise server with dual xeon E5530 / 48GB ecc ddr3 / Dell H310 6Gbps SAS HBA w/ LSI 9211-8i P20 IT / 4 450GB sas drives / headless

Just another server: OS Proxmox VE / Dell poweredge R410

What should I do if it is really bricked?

ps sorry it’s trident z rob not trident z

3 hours ago, DrMikeNZ said:

And if clearing the CMOS back to stock gets it working again, it was just the OC compatibility that is an issue. If it does not, it is likely the board cannot initialise the BIOS with that RAM (but may work in a limited capacity after the BIOS is configured with compatible RAM). Worst-case the RAM was bricked (although to my knowledge this has only happened so far to Trident Z RGB RAM).

ps sorry it’s trident z rgb not trident z

install 1 stick of ram farthest slot from the cpu. reset cmos. boot. ( turn off PS. push power button for a few seconds. reset cmos -jumper to pins for a few seconds- reboot ).

6 hours ago, perrintong said:

ps sorry it’s trident z rgb not trident z

If the RAM is bricked, hope that the store takes it back and allows you to replace it with something that is on your motherboards QVL.

Some stores will refuse returns where memory compatibility was not assured. If the store refuses return, try to contact G.Skill directly.

8 hours ago, DrMikeNZ said:

If the RAM is bricked, hope that the store takes it back and allows you to replace it with something that is on your motherboards QVL.

Some stores will refuse returns where memory compatibility was not assured. If the store refuses return, try to contact G.Skill directly.

I have already fixed it. Thank god the rams weren't bricked. I reinstalled the cpu and everything went well. Thx for the help anyway??

1 hour ago, perrintong said:

I have already fixed it. Thank god the rams weren't bricked. I reinstalled the cpu and everything went well. Thx for the help anyway??

That is great news.