Which X370 motherboard is best for Ryzen 1800X?

Any one got anything to add to this, I have noticed that MB availability is getting better here in the UK, I have been looking to choose between the asus crosshair and the msi xpower gaming titanium.

The u.2 slot looks good on the titanium MB, though I would rather go for the one that will give the best overclock-ability and longevity, I have been running my asus mobo overclocked for near on 10 years and now desperately need an upgrade so to me they have fantastic reliability - msi I am not so sure on.

has there been any news on better ram support - there was a bios update out that has helped some boards but from what reviews I have seen they are still unable to push more than 3000mhz yet

3 hours ago, SJones said:

Any one got anything to add to this, I have noticed that MB availability is getting better here in the UK, I have been looking to choose between the asus crosshair and the msi xpower gaming titanium.

The u.2 slot looks good on the titanium MB, though I would rather go for the one that will give the best overclock-ability and longevity, I have been running my asus mobo overclocked for near on 10 years and now desperately need an upgrade so to me they have fantastic reliability - msi I am not so sure on.

has there been any news on better ram support - there was a bios update out that has helped some boards but from what reviews I have seen they are still unable to push more than 3000mhz yet

VRM on the XPOWER was confirmed to use the same components as the MSI 970/990 chipset boards, it's an embarrassment and shouldn't have the 'XPOWER' name attached http://www.overclock.net/t/1624051/vrm-on-the-new-am4-motherboards/120

C6H or the ASRock Taichi are the only boards I'd consider.

thats interesting news, as said I am happy with the asus board I currently run, the only issue I had - and which I can somewhat understand is the board is limited via bios to 8GB of ram (when released 8GB was maximum you could fit), whilst the evga bios for the same board had an update to allow 16GB - when I flashed the evga to the asus everything worked including the 16GB of ram apart from the audio.

my next question is, and I have watched a video saying ASRock are not too bad at the moment (again no experience and have only heard of them over the last few years) - which make will have longer support and which will have faster updates? ASRock or Asus? - faster updates are great but longevity (+upgrade-ability) is key (for me anyway)

i would say go for the asrock taichi, the asus board is also good, but the msi board is a joke. its way more expensive, the vrm is low end and it doesnt have external clock gen, so you cant even run faster ram at xmp speed. also you should really get the r7 1700  as the 1800x is just an overclocked version with £170 extra price on top. 

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

What I've seen so far

Asrock X370(Taichi/Fatal1ty Pro) - Solid vrm for CPU, TI Nexfets. Not many issues with the bios, has problems with some high speed ram kits.

Asus X370(Prime/CH6) - Solid vrm, Ti Nexfets, Prime Pro uses similar vrm components but lesser phases than ch6. By far the most problems I've seen with bios(bricking issueson the CH6) but it seems to have stabilized. First few pages of the ch6 OC thread in ocn was filled with people being told to rma their ch6, has problems with some high speed ram kits. 

Gigabyte X370(G5/K7) - Solid vrm, PowIRstages, Not many issues with bios. Reports of TridentZ RGB killing themselves on the GB boards, has problems with some high speed ram kits.

Msi(Xpower) - OK vrm, Nikos Mosfets. So far no real issue with the bios, has problems with some high speed ram kits. The Xpower is quite controversial since msi opted for the use of subpar quality nikos mosfet(it works fine, just not as good as other high end boards) which I do really hate them for doing that since the xpower is the most costly. And comparing it to the z170/270 Xpower really make one question what the fuck msi is doing. Though the only real setback of this board is msi's questionable use of Nikos mosfets on such a premium board. If the bios is anything similar to my Old Msi G43 board, its really good. And OC'ing doesn't really seem to be much of a problem as well. I'll wait for tweaktown's review of this board. 

Biotstar GT7 - Solid VRM(Similar to GB) Bios has lots to improve, very little user experience about this board.

Haven't seen any of those board burn from overclocking.

And the rest leaves your Lower end X370 boards and B350 boards. Mostly lower end stuff. 

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case